ADVERTISEMENT

Rondale Moore opts out, will turn pro in 2021

gamecockcat

All-SEC
Oct 29, 2004
So the big coup for the Boilermakers has one excellent season, gets hurt and plays only 4 games and then opts out to prepare for the NFL. In retrospect, kind of glad we didn't land him. He would not have helped our program that much in such a limited time on the field. Exciting playmaker but we had LBJ so no way he plays as many snaps for UK as a true FR.

And the Jeff Brohm is an elite coach that we should all be so afraid of myth....just isn't sailing into the sunset as many predicted.

Reactions: Blouman
Should read "opts out to prepare for possibly making an NFL roster"

Hate to say it but college football at UK seems to prepare people better than college anything does at most programs. College just isn't what it used to be. Coaches and sports faculty/staff have taken the positions of mentors and profs, because most are simply unwilling to do so anymore.

Professors rarely teach if ever. Students are rarely challenged in good ways. Colleges are more about profiting off of them with classes they've already had, don't really apply to their professions, and are more about ideology than knowledge.

Sports WITH college teaches you about the challenges of living your life, struggling with discipline AND time management, not being coddled but working hard towards goals tangible and intangible, and in a sense living the multiple lives we all live.

College without sports is a relative fantasyland where parties and sexual relationships dominate the social structure. It weakens instead of strengthens and coddles instead of challenges. It creates dependency and a dependent mindset, where it used to strengthen and make people independent and innovative. It is now how the academic faculty used to view sports- parasitic.

Sports programs are mostly self-sustaining, unlike most universities. Perhaps this is what now goads the professors and over-abundant administrators so much that they wail so loudly for sports to go away. Perhaps it is that AND the fact that coaches spend ai much of their time wanting to interact, teach, challenge and encourage those entrusted to them, while most professors spend comparatively little of their time teaching and building relationships with those entrusted to them and doing their very best to avoid their students entirely.

Hearing "going pro" as a goal in itself is disappointing and you rarely hear that as the primary goal of the staff or players at this UK football program. As it is, that is why some athletes are not a good fit for UK. If they can't find a way to put their priorities in place, what Stoops and staff are offering will not soothe their itching ears.

I used to just be a little sad and euphoric when senior day came for UK football. Since Coach Brooks moved the program in this direction, I am more proud than sad, and my eyes water even more because of it.

Rondale Moore could've benefited more from his college experience if he'd been here, but it wasn't for him. I get it. I do. I also can't help but see that this economic shutdown fast forwards an able mind into the reality of post-sports life.

Eventually the rats leaving a sinking ship have to swim for shore and the ones better prepared are likely to get there. Why do I feel like "preparing for the NFL" these days is like abandoning one sinking ship for another?

Well Moore had already graduated in his 2.5 years at Purdue so it’s explainable for him.

Hate to say it but college football at UK seems to prepare people better than college anything does at most programs. College just isn't what it used to be. Coaches and sports faculty/staff have taken the positions of mentors and profs, because most are simply unwilling to do so anymore.

Professors rarely teach if ever. Students are rarely challenged in good ways. Colleges are more about profiting off of them with classes they've already had, don't really apply to their professions, and are more about ideology than knowledge.

Sports WITH college teaches you about the challenges of living your life, struggling with discipline AND time management, not being coddled but working hard towards goals tangible and intangible, and in a sense living the multiple lives we all live.

College without sports is a relative fantasyland where parties and sexual relationships dominate the social structure. It weakens instead of strengthens and coddles instead of challenges. It creates dependency and a dependent mindset, where it used to strengthen and make people independent and innovative. It is now how the academic faculty used to view sports- parasitic.

Sports programs are mostly self-sustaining, unlike most universities. Perhaps this is what now goads the professors and over-abundant administrators so much that they wail so loudly for sports to go away. Perhaps it is that AND the fact that coaches spend ai much of their time wanting to interact, teach, challenge and encourage those entrusted to them, while most professors spend comparatively little of their time teaching and building relationships with those entrusted to them and doing their very best to avoid their students entirely.

Hearing "going pro" as a goal in itself is disappointing and you rarely hear that as the primary goal of the staff or players at this UK football program. As it is, that is why some athletes are not a good fit for UK. If they can't find a way to put their priorities in place, what Stoops and staff are offering will not soothe their itching ears.

I used to just be a little sad and euphoric when senior day came for UK football. Since Coach Brooks moved the program in this direction, I am more proud than sad, and my eyes water even more because of it.

Rondale Moore could've benefited more from his college experience if he'd been here, but it wasn't for him. I get it. I do. I also can't help but see that this economic shutdown fast forwards an able mind into the reality of post-sports life.

Eventually the rats leaving a sinking ship have to swim for shore and the ones better prepared are likely to get there. Why do I feel like "preparing for the NFL" these days is like abandoning one sinking ship for another?

This is the most try hard mental masturbation post I have ever seen on here. You sir need to check yourself before you wreck yourself. Are you a boomer?

This is the most try hard mental masturbation post I have ever seen on here. You sir need to check yourself before you wreck yourself. Are you a boomer?

Glad I could tear you away from your other masturbations. Keep it down, tho, so your mom doesn't take away your allowance.

Sir, this is a Wendys

Reactions: ktbug and JasonS.

Word salad.

I don't blame him. He is predicted as a first round pick, what happens if he gets hurt playing for a .500 Big 10* afterthought.

Reactions: Girthang
Exactly. If he had been here, i think he'd have a tougher decision. He's a known quantity with nothing to prove and little to gain by staying at Purdue.

Hope Moore makes it in the league and sticks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT