ADVERTISEMENT

Rogue’s diary and daily adventures at the gym.

I am 59 and no longer lift for PR's....stay strong, tone, mobile, agile, etc. I slacked off last half of 2022 and my weight went up as well as some of my lab numbers which needed fixed. Fast forward to this year, and I am down 23 lbs. since Feb 13th, and my labs are back to normal range across the board. 7 more lbs. to go and I will be back where I was when I was 50. The gym and what you put in your mouth are your friends....don't abuse them.

Speaking of “factual”, I noticed you have many many posts 10,000+ but very few likes (a subset of the reaction total score of 3,800+). How is that?

When you see that it’s because likes are a relatively recent addition, maybe 2019 or so dunno.

One could have thousands of posts with relatively few likes if Themajority of their posting was before then.

Speaking of “factual”, I noticed you have many many posts 10,000+ but very few likes (a subset of the reaction total score of 3,800+). How is that?
Brody, I really couldn’t care less about likes on any website or social. The fact you’re looking at mine (which I knew zero about) says where you and I are brother.

I hope you stay in contact and use this page like my other bros. We don’t like the negativity here though bubba.

What’s the best/most simple way to increase your bench press? I.e. should you lift lower weights with higher reps, higher weights with lower reps, certain complementary excercises/lifts?

What’s the best/most simple way to increase your bench press? I.e. should you lift lower weights with higher reps, higher weights with lower reps, certain complementary excercises/lifts?
Sorry just seeing this. In general, you do heavier weights but it doesn’t have to be lower reps necessarily. Anytime you’re doing progressive overload (adding more weight/reps weekly) you’re going to gain strength. I usually do 4 sets, 10-12 reps and try to go up a rep or so a week then move up #5 or however much. That’s more of a hyper trophy/muscle building workout though.

Front delts will help with you bench, obviously triceps.

Planet Fitness strikes again, I’m out, back to my old gym starting tomorrow.
This employee came up to me on one of the ab machines and said hey man no problem but I have people complaining that you’re taking too long between sets (it’s not busy at all).

I said my bad it’s actually a rest day so I’m moving slow and just trying to get a sweat in, and finished up. Grabbed my shit and went to the front desk and said hey man I’m not mad but next time why don’t you let let them know there are 8 cable machines and 6 other ab crunch machines they can use one was 10’ away from the one I was using), sorry if they don’t feel like walking upstairs to use them.

He was like I know my bad man just doing my job. I said they would be better served if you didn’t mind to show them the other 5 machines or how to do cable crunches. Then said bye to my gal pal at the front desk and walked out.

If I was overweight and 60 or skinny and 15 they wouldn’t have said a word. They literally don’t want serious gym goers in there. So 👋.

Planet Fitness strikes again, I’m out, back to my old gym starting tomorrow.
This employee came up to me on one of the ab machines and said hey man no problem but I have people complaining that you’re taking too long between sets (it’s not busy at all).

I said my bad it’s actually a rest day so I’m moving slow and just trying to get a sweat in, and finished up. Grabbed my shit and went to the front desk and said hey man I’m not mad but next time why don’t you let let them know there are 8 cable machines and 6 other ab crunch machines they can use one was 10’ away from the one I was using), sorry if they don’t feel like walking upstairs to use them.

He was like I know my bad man just doing my job. I said they would be better served if you didn’t mind to show them the other 5 machines or how to do cable crunches. Then said bye to my gal pal at the front desk and walked out.

If I was overweight and 60 or skinny and 15 they wouldn’t have said a word. They literally don’t want serious gym goers in there. So 👋.
741f2ec0-387f-4660-9e20-3e2f7003c0a9.jpg

Reactions: roguemocha
It was funny. I wasn’t mean, but kindly in other words told them to get bent, by explaining what they should’ve done.

Sick of smith machines and #75 DBs anyway.

Let’s go get f*****g huge bros.

Bros,

Started hitting legs 3X/week Monday Quads, Wednesday Glutes, Friday Hammies. Gonna make sure these short shorts are lit this summer.

Never get the Gorilla Mind pre workout, stuff is terrible.

Supp Bros,

What do we know about Borax as a beneficial supplement? Not for training but for overall health. One of my buddy’s said he and his mom swear by it. I know nothing.

No idea.

I'm 53 and need to start lifting again, I'm feeling old as hell. I'm down 18 pounds though, so I got that going for me, which is nice. Need to blow off another 8 to get to 265.

Would love to get back to my high school weight of 225.

Solid work Brody! Resistance training will definitely help with that. Who cares about the weight just getting some pushing and pulling in will make a big difference and you’ll feel like a million bucks walking out.

Reactions: CUJO_1970
Brodeos,

Heading to St Pete for the week for a recon mission. Figured I’ve been going really heavy for over a month so this was a good week to run a de-load week and give the body a break.

I hate these weeks while doing them but the next couple weeks after your body is way happier!

De-load——>Reload

Rogue..I will say after reading a lot of your posts, you are someone who knows how to live in the moment and enjoy life.
Your post about canoeing was pretty cool.

I think that’s a life skill we all need.

👊🏻

Reactions: roguemocha
Thanks Bromie! No kids or wife makes it more feasible for me but I definitely don’t try and waste time with tv and video games etc.

Once I leave the house for the day I typically don’t stay inside my house for more than 20 minutes for lunch or whatever.

One life, I really try to maximize it.

And I play up the “bro-isms” and all that because that’s the label I’ve been given and it’s just a fun schtick most of the time. The truth is I just want to help people any way I can be healthy and happy day to day.

Thanks again for the kind words.

Last edited:
Reactions: CaptainBoogerBuns
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT