ADVERTISEMENT

Rogers doesn’t have UK listed. And posted I’m done???

if i had to guess which school/coaches are negatively recruiting against UK
my money would be on Ohio State
Ohio is the state UK is making the biggest impact in

Reactions: Taiza and mrschwump
Obviously, for your own mental health, some of you need to stop following recruiting until signing day, and even then, don't turn your TV on until the day is done. Hope he stays with us. If not, we will be just fine. Trust your coaches.

I think that's likely also however UF may be the culprit Marrow refers to. Richie Leonard picks up an offer from them then Marrow makes his comment the next day. Interesting timing.

My only issue is, why go through the exercise if you aren’t sure. Guys like Rogers can wait till signing day. Why commit to UK and 2 weeks later you are not sure.
What difference does it make how you or I would answer that question? They aren't committed until they submit the signed papers to the school. Until that happens, they can say whatever they want. It has always been that way.

What difference does it make how you or I would answer that question? They aren't committed until they submit the signed papers to the school. Until that happens, they can say whatever they want. It has always been that way.
They are free to do whatever they want. I’m just saying that they don’t even need to make a commitment at all. Guys like Rogers will have a spot on any team at any time.

They are free to do whatever they want. I’m just saying that they don’t even need to make a commitment at all. Guys like Rogers will have a spot on any team at any time.
What's missed here is that schools sometimes pressure kids to make commits public(don't forget, schools can't comment until a player signs). I'm not saying that was the case here, just that it happens. Reason is positive pub plus schools can use it to hopefully get others committed.

But at the end of the day, none of this matters. People say and do all kinds of things, and people have idiosyncrasies. The team's performance on the field is all that matters.

I think Cathouse is on to something. This early recruiting news just isn't worth getting upset over. If people are going to get upset about what an 18 year old football player they have never met says in May, it would be smart to take a leave of absence from this stuff and tune back in during the football season. I am not trying to tell anyone what they should do, and that includes the teenage players. But Cathouse is making more sense than most other posters on this thread, so I endorse his comment.

That's the truth. I had 10000 before the likes were added. I do think some people must create accounts just to like their other accounts though.

Same here Old Red, I had around 10,300 when the “like” feature was added. It does appear some posters on here erroneously believe that one’s “like” count is affirmation of their worthiness.

Reactions: Freetaxreturn
Same here Old Red, I had around 10,300 when the “like” feature was added. It does appear some posters on here erroneously believe that one’s “like” count is affirmation of their worthiness.
There is no affirmation of one's worthiness on an internet fan board where everyone has a made up username. It just isn't that important.

When you think about it, we are on the edge of getting flustered about something that might or might not happen six months from now.
That's high school eternity. That also would mean UK has to have another fine season, the young guy doesn't get injured, and that hopefully (who knows?) he is academically eligible as well.
Best wishes to the young guy.

Kids words don’t mean anything anymore. They say one thing one minute and change their mind the next.

Kid isn't coming here. Until they sign on the dotted line on signing day, I don't trust a word any of these kids say.
Probably not
Kids words don’t mean anything anymore. They say one thing one minute and change their mind the next.
i haven’t heard that he has changed his mind. There’s a lot of jumping to conclusions around here.

Hope he sticks. If he is taking visits, I'm not worrying about it, or counting on his signature.

Just started here in Rivals. This was my first time making a thread. Wasn’t aware it would have so many people being so negative. I was simply looking for information on whether he had decommitted. I believe in the program and the coaches. This is a fiery bunch that I’d want on my side in a fight. You can see the fire in coach Stoops eyes. Can’t wait for the season to start.

I’m going with Georgia or Michigan. Georgia sees us as their biggest threat in the east going forward.
Uh...I doubt UGA is seeing UK as their biggest threat.....I 'd say Florida would be a their biggest threat

Anymore? When was a kid's exclamation ever reliable? Some of the naive people on this board are pretending like this only happens to UK. They are nuts. It happens everywhere.

Reactions: The-Hack
"Committed" is a status created exclusively by the recruiting services. It has absolutely no NCAA significance. We fans (and lots of players) would get a much better look at things if the early signing date was moved up to September. I think everybody (schools and players) would have a better sense of where they stand. JMO

Peace

I would rather people take all this offense about commitments to heart over marriage and the crap adults do when they divorce regardless of what it does to young children. But that's just me talking about the triviality of some people's concerns vs real word damage to innocents.

Lol.....personally, I admire both Georgia and Alabama. Consistent excellence. Always top of the heap in records and competition.
I'd love to see Kentucky mentioned as legit 'threats' to those two schools.
Getting better. Still a mountain to climb.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
I think we sign Rogers in December.

If not, we’ll find a quality replacement!
And in the meantime everybody needs to remain positive and supportive of him and not take it personal that he may want to take one more look. He’s not saying he changed his mind and doesn’t like us anymore he ‘s just making sure he’s made the right decision. If he didn’t like us he wouldn’t have made a public statement showing how much he did last week when he picked up our hat over the others. You dont hate on someone who so far as shown you enough respect to not only have you on his list with the big boys but pick your hat.

The coaches have learned you dont burn bridges and recruiting neverreally ends even if guys end up at other places so keep the good relationship. Plus a good feel from the fanbase cant hurt the fight to keep him on board.

Last edited:
proba bly..and my guess would be one of the assistants they just hired away feom Harbaugh...Jimmy boy is know. for negative recruiting

Rivals dropped him out of the top 10, they must think he is sticking with UK. Or maybe his tweet happened after they had everything finalized? Will find out exactly where he landed in the next couple days.

Rivals dropped him out of the top 10, they must think he is sticking with UK. Or maybe his tweet happened after they had everything finalized? Will find out exactly where he landed in the next couple days.
They likely dropped him.down because he was graded as an.offensive lineman.and.wants to.switch to defense.
I'm sure the UK thing plays in.
Those.rankings are pretty fluid anyway. WIlson dropped.to.a.three from.a.four, heck Dontae Rumph was a four star outta high school and was a two when he finally got to UK.

And in the meantime everybody needs to remain positive and supportive of him and not take it personal that he may want to take one more look. He’s not saying he changed his mind and doesn’t like us anymore he ‘s just making sure he’s made the right decision. If he didn’t like us he wouldn’t have made a public statement showing how much he did last week.

The coaches have learned recruiting never end even with guys even when guys choose other places and end up other places so don’t don’t burn bridges and keep the good vibes there.
This. Several people in here need to read this.

Obviously, for your own mental health, some of you need to stop following recruiting until signing day, and even then, don't turn your TV on until the day is done. Hope he stays with us. If not, we will be just fine. Trust your coaches.
This is exactly right. Who gives a shit about a “commitment” when it means absolutely nothing?

Reactions: drcats2013
It's a long process UK will get who they are supposed to and win some games. If we win 10 games again recruits will come. Every program has a ton of decommits.
This is really not the point.

Why bother with these charades?

I don’t get anything about it. It’s the look at me generation that think the world revolves around them.
What a bunch of narcissistic, selfish, and classless individuals that couldn’t spell committed, much less tell you what it means.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT