ADVERTISEMENT

Robinson to draft. Maybe grad transfer later

This isn't a surprise. His family has been pushing the NBA over a 4th college team. Pope tried convincing them UK was the right decision but it wasn't for them at this time. With that said as a grad student he can enter the portal at any time so the May 1st deadline means nothing to him. He had to apply for the draft by April 27th he has until May 29th to withdraw.
At least Pope has a leg up if he doesn’t get the info he likes.

Reactions: Cold Stout Beer
That wasn’t my point. My point was it’s been reported for the last several days this was his likely destination. Hell Jones was saying it and he doesn’t know shite. So y’all acting like he was some lock to come here and now we lost out on him are being ridiculous.
This. He’s likely to wind up at UK imo.

Feels like were 0-50 today.

h63E2D196

• Haha
Reactions: NociHTTP
I mean I read he was exploring a potential jump to the nba, so not so surprising. Ugonna declared, and a week or more later entered the transfer portal. I wouldn’t give up hope just yet. This just goes to show you that even at BYU, they wanna play in the league as quickly as possible. Pope has likely known about this, and planning for him to stay in the draft.
He has one more year of eligibility. He’s probably testing the waters to determine what he needs to focus on to improve his draft stock.

Pope not bringing a group from BYU is a bit disappointing at this point.
We better be glad Pope is not bringing a group from BYU. BYU could not compete with SEC teams. Auburn, Bama, Florida, & Tenn would eat their lunch. We need, want, and better get better talent than BYU had.

We better be glad Pope is not bringing a group from BYU. BYU could not compete with SEC teams. Auburn, Bama, Florida, & Tenn would eat their lunch. We need, want, and better get better talent than BYU had.
This might be true under certain circumstances, but UK doesn’t need a couple of guys to fill out their roster. They need 8-9. Even getting 2-3 of the BYU guys who know the system and played quality minutes in the Big 12 would be immensely beneficial for the Cats next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT