ADVERTISEMENT

Rob Freaking Dillingham

True to form, he hits 3 in a row to keep them in it but goes 3/10.
Guy is a mess. Has all the tools but the number of bad decisions he makes and his shot selection makes him an infuriating player.

He tried to win the game in the first few possessions of overtime rather than run offense. Which got us chasing from behind and put the guys into panic mode.

Even after his 3 3s he made 2 or 3 dumb plays including that wild pass to DJ that turned it over. We should have had the chance to win it right there and didn’t even get a shot, maddening.

Get use to it...good Dillingham and bad Dillingham. All I will say is he wanted the ball. Don't know about the rest of the team. Wagner a late game TO machine. Mitchell...no-show. Reeves disappeared. Not Shep's best game.

AND THE REBOUNDING AND DEFENSE OR LACK THEREOF. Get it fixed or your season in the Big Dance will be short lived.

Reactions: gbl97
I had a feeling Dilly was going to come in and go scorched earth down the stretch. And that’s what he did. But if anyone noticed, he had an exchange with Taylor and Washington at the free throw line right before the game winning shot. After that exchange, he didn’t hit a single shot and tried to play hero ball to prove that he was the man and was going to win that exchange. That was a senior getting into a freshman’s head. Great gamesmanship by Taylor. Dilly has to get that under control.

Sad that those heroics are now meaningless.. those were going to be some of the biggest shots since A. Harrison.

In other news can we never play Dilly and DJ together again? Add Edwards in there as well.

He giveth but the taketh away
No way ball should have been in his hands last possession of regulation
He can’t hold it 4 seconds much less 25
Ok to give it to him last 5 for last shot but he’s to wild
Wagner or Shep need the ball - then get it to Dillingham

Reactions: fisherscatfan
I thought Reeves passed up some good looks in 2nd half and his defensive effort was shameful

Reactions: grevey35
I thought Reeves passed up some good looks in 2nd half and his defensive effort was shameful
This is not on the freshman.
Reeves and Mitchell just did not match the intensity of Taylor and Radford.
Hell of a game but any blame starts with the seniors not the freshman.

He can’t hold it 4 seconds much less 25
Ok to give it to him last 5 for last shot but he’s to wild
Wagner or Shep need the ball - then get it to Dillingham
I mean on the second to last possession which should have been the last possession he passed it to Wagner who fumbled it away .

Before that he hit 3 big 3s in a row so it’s tough not to have the ball in his hands at that point . In fact if the ball wasn’t in his hands then most of this board would be wondering why is the ball not in the hands of a guy who just brought us back when it looked like we were dead

Reactions: Crowell7
This times 1000!

If Cal gets him under control, we all may be celebrating a special season.

If not, I have a feeling we all may be here after a sweet 16 loss talking about this still.

He has no NBA future, and he knows it. If he could have left last year he would have. Just getting his, and probably hoping to play overseas.

That’s just plain false.

So because he isn’t NBA material he chooses to “just get his” and not hit big shots or show out for scouts?

Ok, sure.

Show me all the proof he is a horrible teammate and only cares about himself…

That’s just plain false.

So because he isn’t NBA material he chooses to “just get his” and not hit big shots or show out for scouts?

Ok, sure.

Show me all the proof he is a horrible teammate and only cares about himself…
He didn't want to come back, at all. He had to be talked into coming back, even when it was clear that he wasn't going anywhere in the draft. You're not very good at this logic stuff. He either can't, or doesn't want to, play defense, and he's well known to disappear against the better teams we face. What other reason do you think he came back for? I like him personally, but he was a part of why we lost today. This was not a case of everyone did what they were supposed to be doing and we got beat by a better team. Nowhere did I say or even suggest that he's a horrible teammate.

For all the people ripping on Rob…… who did you trust down the stretch besides Reed?

Edwards? He doesn’t want the ball with the game on the line.

Bradshaw? He had 0 points. You expecting him to step up?

Reeves? I mean, sure. You would expect him to take over. He’s by far the most experienced player on the team. I’ve seen a lot of scoring spurts out of Reeves. Not a guy who I trust to take over in the crunch time. See today’s second half.

Mitchell? I am assuming you watched today’s game.

DJ? I like some things he did today. He also mishandled a ball with a chance to win and didn’t exactly show out like a lottery pick in OT either.

I’m trying to figure out who you guys were waiting on to take this game over? Dilly has the nuts for it. Until someone not named Reed proves them selves, I’ll take Dilly. He’s the reason we stayed in the game down the stretch

He didn't want to come back, at all. He had to be talked into coming back, even when it was clear that he wasn't going anywhere in the draft. You're not very good at this logic stuff. He either can't, or doesn't want to, play defense, and he's well known to disappear against the better teams we face. What other reason do you think he came back for? I like him personally, but he was a part of why we lost today. This was not a case of everyone did what they were supposed to be doing and we got beat by a better team. Nowhere did I say or even suggest that he's a horrible teammate.

“He just gets his”

That’s a terrible teammate. Try again.

Multiple players were a part of why we lost. So you think Tre is a “just get his” guy because he didn’t perform to his standard and we lost? He isn’t an NBA guy as well so obviously he doesn’t care if he doesn’t perform?

B. S.

Perfect game for the NBA. Value of possessions is non-existent. Watching Dillingham makes me feel like I just smoked crack.

• Haha
Reactions: BigTyrone
He had the ball ISO’d on the last possession in regulation. I wish he hadn’t passed that off to DJ. Forget hindsight. He might not have made the shot, but he is our best bet to get a shot off in that moment. Best one on one guy to get a contested shot off.

He had the ball ISO’d on the last possession in regulation. I wish he hadn’t passed that off to DJ. Forget hindsight. He might not have made the shot, but he is our best bet to get a shot off in that moment. Best one on one guy to get a contested shot off.
Idk if you noticed but Wade Taylor got into his head. He was talking shit to rob at the end of regulation on those Reed FTs. So Rob tried to hero hall. Good move by Taylor.

Reactions: CatFanInIlliniLand
Rob is a fantastic player, but he’s very feast or famine, and unfortunately he can go from incredibly good to incredibly bad pretty quickly as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT