ADVERTISEMENT

RJ Hampton announcing reclassification Friday to 2019

Would love to add Hampton to the 2019 class. Any big (Wiseman/Carey) would be stupid to not want to play with great guards.

And from everything we have heard, Cal's strategy has been to sell these kids on who they will be playing with. Maybe Cal knows who his next couple of commitments will be.

Actually most Duke people paying attention are pessimistic on all three you mentioned.

Also it’s always been Scheyer handing out the stacks FYI, Capel was just going to be the fall guy if they ever got busted.

In on honor of Jeff Capel...

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Nike better pay off Vegas and the refs

I don’t think that’s the point for Nike. Duke is a bigger brand than Kentucky right now. Their players are more marketable. You can thank over a quarter century of ball washing by sports media for that.

They’ve gotten amazing mileage out of that unlv game.

You sound like rival fans (Louisville) complaining when a recruit comes here. The "he could go to XYZ university and would be a top pick" line is played out. And fyi, that's not always true.

Actually i sound like a level headed sports fan that does not think every kid has to come to UK or Duke to be a one and done. I was speaking more on RJ's talent then anything else. But think what makes your little heart feel better. As i stated, HE is a once in a while talent that does not come along often, not just another hum ho 5 star looking for the best school to showcase him to the NBA.

This is going to sound like homerism, but you'll see I've been saying that Hampton is a Duke versus KU battle for a while now.
Its nice that you are saying that ( and for all I know it could end up being true) but why should I care that a KU fan thinks he is most likely going to get a guy ? I will let the people who actually know what they are talking about ( Sisk , Jackson ect ) weigh in first before I throw in the towel.

Out of all the elite talent Kansas has had, name one OAD player that has made from there besides Oubre?

For that matter, tell me how all the KU talent has done in the NBA besides Oubre & Mason.

Why would any kid with a brain want to.play there if that's going to be their profession?

Out of all the elite talent Kansas has had, name one OAD player that has made from there besides Oubre?

For that matter, tell me how all the KU talent has done in the NBA besides Oubre & Mason.

Why would any kid with a brain want to.play there if that's going to be their profession?
The most of what I read on him some think it’s between Memphis and Duke

Joel Embiid, Andrew Wiggins, Josh Jackson, Morris twins, Wayne Selden despite not getting drafted, Tarik Black despite not being drafted, Cheick Diallo, Cole Aldrich are all set for life. Magic Johnson thinks Svi was a lottery level talent. He and Graham will soon be on the set for life list.

Joel Embiid, Andrew Wiggins, Josh Jackson, Morris twins, Wayne Selden despite not getting drafted, Tarik Black despite not being drafted, Cheick Diallo, Cole Aldrich are all set for life. Magic Johnson thinks Svi was a lottery level talent. He and Graham will soon be on the set for life list.

Joel Embiid didnt really even play at KU. a few games. Wiggins yes. Successful though. Wiggins, Oubre,...Jackson too early to tell.

They've had a LOT of 5 star talent though. When you stack up KU success versus UK elite recruits it's like comparing the moon to the sun.

You just put together a list of 9 guys spread out over 7 years (2011-17), 2 of whom weren't drafted.

In those same 7 seasons, UK had 19 guys selected in the 1st round, 14 of them lottery picks.

See the difference?

You just put together a list of 9 guys spread out over 7 years (2011-17), 2 of whom weren't drafted.

In those same 7 seasons, UK had 19 guys selected in the 1st round, 14 of them lottery picks.

See the difference?

Self has had 14 first round picks while at Kansas and 10 more drafted in the second round who stuck. That's 24 to Calipari's 31(while he has been at Kentucky).

Calipari is the king of recruiting, so kid's flock to be coached by him (see how he recruited at Memphis and how he's recruiting at Kentucky); however, the disparity in numbers is not as great as you are suggesting.

Reactions: OMGHAWK
Self has had 14 first round picks while at Kansas and 10 more drafted in the second round who stuck. That's 24 to Calipari's 31(while he has been at Kentucky).

Calipari is the king of recruiting, so kid's flock to be coached by him (see how he recruited at Memphis and how he's recruiting at Kentucky); however, the disparity in numbers is not as great as you are suggesting.
How many max contracts to ku guys get ?
How many ku vs uk guys will be getting max contacts?

As far as Hampton goes self doesn’t get elite guards.

Pretty sad debate trying to compare ku success in the nba compared to kentucky guys. I mean you have 1 all star? Kentucky might have 5 or 6 in next year

Booker
Kat
Wall
Davis
Cousins if healthy

Outside looking in Jamal Murray

Embiid..... then huge drop off bud. To the point no other ku guy is even in consideration.

Talk about your big 12 titles. Cause saying ku has success at the nba level is like saying KU are not the choke artist kings of college basketball.

I think Hampton will end up at either Duke or Memphis. Kentucky and Kansas back courts are too crowded with guys that aren’t sure fire locks to leave after this year. Less and less kids like Hampton are okay with playing on loaded rosters.

Kansas and Kentucky are both loaded this year but neither team has a consensus top 5 player on it.

That might be the way to go from now on.

Do you think anyone is stupid enough to fall for the game you're trying to play with how you phrased that? Go back to your corner, idiot Kansas troll.

Self has been at Kansas since bleeping 2003. Cal has been at UK since 2009.

Compare since 2009 (2010 draft), or GTFO.

BTW, UK has had at least 2 players selected higher than any Kansas player in 2010, 11 (if you count Kanter), 12, 13, 15, 16, and 18.

Last edited:

Post those 24 names pls.....need a visual to laugh to for this comp. I mean based on this Anthony Davis = Josh Selby, right?

Reactions: BBUK
Remember when Louisville used to pick all this arbitrary timelines and phrasings to try and equate their program to ours?

Remember when Louisville had as many titles as Kansas and UCONN had more?

I'd play word games too.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Reactions: JC43
I gotta laugh when a kid says a few days in advance that there’s a big announcement coming up, and then the announcement is that he’s basically doing nothing different. God bless social media…

Reactions: ORCAT and MWes11
Remember when Louisville used to pick all this arbitrary timelines and phrasings to try and equate their program to ours?

Remember when Louisville had as many titles as Kansas and UCONN had more?

I'd play word games too.

My timeline wasn't arbitrary. It was specific - Self time at KU and Calipari time at Kentucky. I also stated that Kentucky lands more and more highly ranked 5-star talent than does KU, so of course the likelihood Kentucky players go on to be better NBA players is a given.

In the article, dated 8/1, he says he still hasn't heard "directly from Cal". Hard to imagine he would re-class and go to Kentucky when he hadn't heard from the head coach as of 3 weeks ago.
He must be hearing from UK now.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT