ADVERTISEMENT

RJ Hampton announcing reclassification Friday to 2019

Would love to add Hampton to the 2019 class. Any big (Wiseman/Carey) would be stupid to not want to play with great guards.

Last edited:
Duke literally believes they lead for everyone they recruit. If you ask them they're going to get Anthony, Hampton, Carey and anyone else they want. Their expectations haven't adjust to Fat Jeff no longer handing out stacks of cash.

Actually most Duke people paying attention are pessimistic on all three you mentioned.

Also it’s always been Scheyer handing out the stacks FYI, Capel was just going to be the fall guy if they ever got busted.

Anthony aint going to school like that IMO . He is going to go the Trae Young route and play for a smaller power 5 school where he can be the MAN.
I've actually heard rumbling that he really likes Pitt and Capel, would laugh if thats where he went.

Reactions: -BBH-
Actually most Duke people paying attention are pessimistic on all three you mentioned.

Also it’s always been Scheyer handing out the stacks FYI, Capel was just going to be the fall guy if they ever got busted.

You sit on a throne of lies. Scheyer knows he would never survive in prison so no way he is getting caught in an FBI scandal. He knows he has a pretty pucker that convicts would just love.

Duke literally believes they lead for everyone they recruit. If you ask them they're going to get Anthony, Hampton, Carey and anyone else they want. Their expectations haven't adjusted to Fat Jeff no longer handing out stacks of cash.

Their insiders were even saying last year they thought Hampton would reclassify and that Duke was in the lead

Duke recruiting changed when they lost Capel. He plays the recruiting game very well and when you add the cache that Coach K provides it was a great pairing. Not the case anymore now that Capel is gone

Reactions: W1LDCAT22
Cal would be practically done with 2019 recruiting. An elite backcourt would be locked up, would just need an elite big and filling some gaps. Opens him and the staff up to focus on 2020 and 2021.

I've talked about this new era of Cal, when it occurred. The FBI and the negative recruiting played big roles in his resurgance, but I also think the situation with Bolden and missing out on Allen caused Cal to pivot. Doesn't seem like he's waiting on recruits these days. If Cole Anthony is up in the air? Fine, we'll grab the next best thing.

If you're good, know you want to play here, and mature enough to make that decision for yourself, then come on down. I don't think Cal is ever going to be left out in the cold again.

LOL. Anthony could go to Pepperdine to play his college ball and would be top 2 pick. He does not need to be THE man. He is THE man. Best guard to come along in a long time. Kid is a SUPERSTAR.

UK is not the only school that wants him for 2019 but the idea of Maxey and Hampton here is pretty sweet.

Those 2 good combine for 35-40 a game as freshmen easily. So much talent and scoring capabilities. Not saying they will, but they could be a Fox/Monk 1-2 punch combo thatd be lethal to all of college basketball.

Duke recruiting changed when they lost Capel. He plays the recruiting game very well and when you add the cache that Coach K provides it was a great pairing. Not the case anymore now that Capel is gone

Wrong. It's never been Capel. It was & is NIKE

Duke recruiting turned elite with 2014 class, 3 seasons after Capel was on board. Like I said...NIKE

Capel does play a good recruiting game but Nike was the big reason

If your not happy with the successes we've had with that pudding then your never going to be. We've been a true threat in 6 of Cals 8 years here. Your expectations are unrealistic. You're not going to be a contender every year, number one class or not. Just isn't going to happen.

Prove it? Show me anything that shows nike pushing recruits? Hiring coach k ?

Well for one...I'd be wasting finger energy because you'd laugh & say I know nothing. And I know of nothing like Nike gave such & such $$$$$$ to play for Duke. But I'll just say:
1. No secret to those close to Duke program that Nike higher up folks, have a long & close relationship with Coach K & would love to see him finish in a blaze of glory.

2. Nike thinks so well of Coach K they recently built a building at NIKE headquarters in honor of him.
http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=211688723

3. Reddish met with Nike's LeBron & His agent the week before he committed to Duke & the same week of a Nike event in California. Caught on video BTW:
https://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2017/08/lebron_james_rich_paul_meet_wi.html

4. Marvin Bagley & Nike
https://usatodayhss.com/2018/marvin-bagley-family-benefits-nike-investigation

5. Nike produces a video promoting kid with basketball dreams becomes an elite recruit ends up choosing Duke, wins naty...then to NBA. BTW...Lebron James is in commercial. I mean...insane:

6. Nike commercial during March madness with Coach K & Duke's customized hyerdunks:

AND...AND...ironically all of this since 2014....since Nike stepped it up for the goat :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But...I know...I know...its just wild conspiracy theories. The world is too clean & so is Coach K, Duke, & Nike to be beyond doing questionable things. I guess Duke's sudden elite recruit explosion just happened because of Jeff Capel. He finally figured it out after 3 years.

Duke has always had recruiting success but not at this clip.

Well history suggest that that isn’t correct or he would have stayed at the school he had been at for his first three years where he was the man while playing against top comp instead of transfering to OakHill to learn to play with other top players while facing top comp (same reasons Keldon transferred there)

People who want to be the man tend to stay at their same school where they are treated like A king at the school and basically given the keys to the city. Those who transfer to OakHill have shown they rather win over all else while playing the best (Rondo, Ron Mercer, Keldon Johnson)

Anthony aint going to school like that IMO . He is going to go the Trae Young route and play for a smaller power 5 school where he can be the MAN.

LOL. Anthony could go to Pepperdine to play his college ball and would be top 2 pick. He does not need to be THE man. He is THE man. Best guard to come along in a long time. Kid is a SUPERSTAR.
You sound like rival fans (Louisville) complaining when a recruit comes here. The "he could go to XYZ university and would be a top pick" line is played out. And fyi, that's not always true.

ADVERTISEMENT