ADVERTISEMENT

RJ Barrett

I’m guessing Zion could have played 3 days after his shoe blew apart.

I’m thinking now that he decided he wasn’t playing until the postseason started.

Duke will now get the one seed in Louisville, and if we don’t win the SEC Tournament, we’ll be the 2 seed in the West.

Cool. How many attempts?

I just looked it up. Holy hell, Barrett averages 19 shot attempts per game.

For comparison, Tyler Herro averages 11 attempts per game and PJ Washington averages 10. Malik Monk and Jamal Murray, two of the most prolific, green-lighted shooters in Kentucky basketball history both averaged under 15 attempts per game. Jodie Meeks, a singular scoring option on a terrible and terribly coached team, averaged 16.

And RJ Barrett averages 19.

The real loser here is Reddish. Dude is on the side of a milk carton when the other two are both in the game.

Yeah. He’s a little overrated too. Not efficient at all, and has taken a lot of shots this year. Barely remember he plays for Duke most of the time.

RJ Barrett is damn good. He’s shooting about the same % as Herro and Keldon. He’s also one of only 2 guys that can score for them. Duke is one of the leading teams in the country in steals. I’d bet you Duke has taken quite a few more shot attempts as a team than UK this year and it’s condensed into fewer players. Now let me go wash my mouth out with soap for defending anything Duke.

Last edited:
Reactions: feelthebeirne
Considering Syracuse played without their leading scorer & the game was in doubt until the last 5 min I would not exactly think the game elevates Duke at all.

All the Zion slobber gets on my nerves. He did not take one single shot outside the lane. 6 of his 13 were dunks. Don't get me wrong, he played great but the reaction is absolutely nauseating

I’m thinking now that he decided he wasn’t playing until the postseason started.

Duke will now get the one seed in Louisville, and if we don’t win the SEC Tournament, we’ll be the 2 seed in the West.

Same for Reid. Allowed Nick and EJ to grow. I think K was hoping their subs would grow a bit and rest thebstud for post season. If we win the SEC tournament we’re in the South as No. 1 though

I don't know if Duke will get a 1 seed, the Duke team I saw play last night won't stay within 10 points of UNC tonight.

Nobody is saying anything about Syracuse missing their best player (by far) and playing their second game in as many nights, but that's what happened.

Duke only beating them by 12 is pretty weak actually.

If UK takes care of business, they'll get the 1 seed and you know what? I feel confident that UK is the better team right now. Duke is really weak beyond their top 4 players and UK will make Zion defend.

I'll give Duke all the credit in the world for what they did on 11/6, but a lot has happened since then. I think Duke has been exposed and UK has really put it together. So if Duke is our 2, let's go. I don't think Duke gets to a FF this year, they have too many flaws.

Reactions: mattrudd

I think K held him out on purpose. Knowing they had the brunt of their season ahead and could easily lose 2-3. Knew if Zion didn’t play the committee would be less likely to drop them off the 1 line if they lost a few. Which they did going 3-3.

More athletic than Duke and can shoot it? Name that team please

Didn’t say more athletic. Just athletic enough to annoy Zion and Barrett and make them shoot from outside. Then get hot from 3 and boom.

Gonzaga did it - Barrett was 9/25, Zion 8/17, zags shot 10/19 on threes, had 10 blocks. Duke is plenty beatable. Make them be inefficient.

Reactions: mattrudd

I disagree with your 2nd assertion. To get a 1-seed, all we have to do is beat Bama and UT. Not saying that will be easy. But we don't have to win the SEC-T.
Gonzaga is not a lock for a 1, nor is Duke or UNC. Whoever loses tonight (Duke or UNC) will probably not get a 1 (unless Gonzaga is bumped to a 2, or neither UT or UK make it to the SEC finals).
If Duke loses again to UNC tonight, WITH Zion, then that cements UNC as a 1 and also cements Duke as a 2.
If UNC loses to Duke tonight, that makes those other 2 wins mean less, and probably drops UNC to a 2.
Gonzaga is not a lock simply because their resume is not that impressive; 1-2 vs top 35 Net, 5-3 vs top 70 NET.
The only 1-seed lock right now is UVA, and they probably need to win the ACC-T to get the overall top 1-seed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT