ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Laura Lynch - Dixie chicks

7-7.jpeg

Why was the pic of the lynching so bad? It is 100% on brand with this thread which is to make fun of somebody who just died, specifically by using the use of their name. You're already being despicable. Quit acting like you have some sort of honor.

Why was the pic of the lynching so bad? It is 100% on brand with this thread which is to make fun of somebody who just died, specifically by using the use of their name. You're already being despicable. Quit acting like you have some sort of honor.
I personally consider it morally offensive; apparently you don’t so we’ll have to agree to disagree on this one.

I personally consider it morally offensive; apparently you don’t so we’ll have to agree to disagree on this one.
Why is making fun of someone who died okay but showing a very famous picture of a lynching that much worse?

I don't see how in 2023 how you can drive without a seatbelt. My car yells at me until I put it on.
She was driving a 16 F150 and hit by a 22 Ram

There was a time with Ford that you could just click the buckle and it would not ding at you. I think that was removed by 2016 though.

She left the band before they broke through and got big and was replaced by Maines. Her husband did win a 26.8 million lottery though.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: AustinTXCat
I don't see threads like this as making fun of the person who just died. If a celeb named Jake Toast dies and someone posts a photo of toast, while that may be lame, it's not making fun of the fact Mr. Toast passed. Some enjoy these threads while others think they're incredibly dumb and unfunny, but there's a line that shouldn't be crossed and posting an actual lynching photo crosses that line imo. There's just no upside by posting something that offensive and reprehensible. Family Guy loves dark humor but even they wouldn't go that far. We know that happened often unfortunately but no one wants to come here and see it number one and number two, have it used as a punchline. Just my view on it.

Anyway, RIP. At one time that band was absolutely on top of the music world.

She was never part of the band when it was popular. They cut her, hired Maines, and put out Wide Open Spaces.
I kind of like some of the Chicks music but had never heard of her until yesterday.

OT but Maines sang backup on El Cerrito Place by Charlie Robson, which I consider to be one of the best country songs I ever heard. He was married to one of the sisters in The Chicks at the time if I recall correctly.

Last edited:
Reactions: LordEgg
I don't see threads like this as making fun of the person who just died. If a celeb named Jake Toast dies and someone posts a photo of toast, while that may be lame, it's not making fun of the fact Mr. Toast passed. Some enjoy these threads while others think they're incredibly dumb and unfunny, but there's a line that shouldn't be crossed and posting an actual lynching photo crosses that line imo. There's just no upside by posting something that offensive and reprehensible. Family Guy loves dark humor but even they wouldn't go that far. We know that happened often unfortunately but no one wants to come here and see it number one and number two, have it used as a punchline. Just my view on it.

Anyway, RIP. At one time that band was absolutely on top of the music world.
I agree, but it’s important to get the right amount of sheer stupidity to avoid disrespect. It’s kind of like sarcasm - if you use a little sarcasm, you come off sounding like an ass. If you use an obvious amount of sarcasm, you’re just being funny. (hopefully)

I agree, but it’s important to get the right amount of sheer stupidity to avoid disrespect. It’s kind of like sarcasm - if you use a little sarcasm, you come off sounding like an ass. If you use an obvious amount of sarcasm, you’re just being funny. (hopefully)
If that’s the case the lynching pic was actually quite perfect.

• Haha
Reactions: HymanKaplan
First time I think that there has been any controversy about a picture being posted and then it ends up being removed by Mods or original poster.

Reactions: ganner918
First time I think that there has been any controversy about a picture being posted and then it ends up being removed by Mods or original poster.
I don't think there was a better use of a pic in this sort of thread. It was perfect. It should have ended this type of thread in fact. Cannot be surpassed.

Shit... in the before time, during the reign of JonBlue, the bannings and deletions used to drop on the regular.

We called them "daisycutters", and yours truly usually fell victim. Although I wasn't close to being the career leader. I can't remember who was, but if I had to guess who caught the most bannings of alltime, I'd be inclined to go with Tommy G. He got pinched on one that was so bad (I won't go into detail, because I think it's STILL an off-limits topic) that the death penalty was being considered. LOL

FWIW, I didn't report the lynching photo because I knew it would end up deleted anyways. Common sense tells me that would be the end result. Another way to look at it is this...fake celeb Jake Tate dies. I could see someone posting a photo of Sharon Tate as a response. If you decide to post the blood soaked, stab wound pregnant murdered version of Sharon Tate lying on the floor of her home, that's likely going to be deleted and it's something no one here expects or wants to see. A couple of the edgelord posters here are silly. Most here, including myself, have seen some of the most offensive, graphic stuff known to man on the internet. Doesn't mean it belongs on this site. It would seem common sense isn't a trait we all possess.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm generally inclined to agree with you on that one.

I can't speak to the original issue, I didn't see any of that. I was late to the party on this thread.

Reactions: PhDcat2018
“I’m here with the Dixie Chicks…. More like chicks with dicks.”

- Yucko the Clown

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT