ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Lanny Poffo...

BBUK

All-American
May 26, 2005
AA172NBy.img

Leaping Lanny-The Genius...

Brother of the Macho Man...........................

intro-import.jpg

:(

I met him and Macho man when they lived together in the apartments on Zandale at Nicholasville Road. My uncle delivered mail to them and knew I loved wrestling so he had my Mom bring me over. They were younger back then but Macho Man was still full of piss and vinegar.

Or even better, Jerry Lawler saying what he is going to do to Kamula
I don't know about Lawler.

For anyone that doesn't know, The ICW guys were trying to get matches with Jarett's guys out of Memphis. And they started harassing them sort of. Anyway, a couple of ICW guys were talking to Bill Dundee in a friendly way and Randy Savage ran up and blindsided him and then they started beating him. Anyway, It winds up with Dundee pulling a gun on the elder Poffo and threatening to kill him if the rest of the group did not back off. He said Randy was running as fast as he could.

Ronnie Garvin described it as Dundee being a shooter. I had to look that up, that's a wrestler that can really fight. Ronnie Garvin wasn't there but he claims he also had to run in with Randy Savage.

Cornette says Dundee got a broken jaw. The interviews I've seen Dundee never mentions that.

Cornette laughs and says that Billy Robinson was in Memphis at the time and if they really wanted to fight that's who they should have went after. I don't know why but I do not recall. Billy Robinson when I was a child and watched wrestling. He was English and apparently about the baddest dude in wrestling.

Reactions: BBUK and J_Dee
Good video and completely true. When I got to the apartments my uncle told me to knock on whatever door was theirs so we walk over there and I knock. The door fly's open to him screaming "Oh Yeah" in my face and Lanny doing some kind of yelp he did back then. This was toward the end of the ICW days so they weren't huge but Macho Man was starting to tour a little and getting bigger. I was tripping when he did it though, never forget it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT