ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Charlie Hustle

Pete is the source of one of my “core memories”. Watching him get 4192 is a memory that I can still feel, not just remember. Having his son there was one of the most tear-jerking things ever because you never expect to see your heroes cry.

He may have been a piece of garbage outside of baseball, maybe not. But he’ll always be remembered by this guy as one of the all time greats.

RIP - never got to see him play before my time.

But I always tried to run and slide just as hard as Mr.Rose he played baseball the right way.

Reactions: warrior-cat
This one really hurts. RIP Pete!

Cincinnati Reds Baseball GIF

It's amazing how many people will support an admitted pedophile and rapist just because he was good at a silly game.

It's amazing how many people will support an admitted pedophile and rapist just because he was good at a silly game.
Everyone knows he wasn’t a good dude. But i don’t think he admitted to either of those things. Think he did admit to having sex with a 16 year old in Ohio. Which was the legal age. It’s pretty repulsive. But not illegal.

Met Pete in Vegas 5 yrs ago when I got married out there. Took pictures with my groomsmen and bridesmaids as he was at the mall at the Luxor signing autographs.

Definitely making gambling money.

RIP Pete!! It was an honor and privilege to watch you play. Can’t joke about this one.

All of his records are in the HOF but he isn’t. If the HOF tries to put him in now that he’s gone the family should decline the nomination and tell the HOF to stick it.

It’s sucks. Him and Joe Morgan.

He shouldn’t have gambled on baseball. But being denied what he earned by people who never played has never sat well with me. Especially given the ludicrous nature of the Ohtani situation.

He might not have been the coolest guy around, but nobody has worn the goggles better since. I hope he’s chasing grounders in the sky, RIP

10621552-10621552.jpg

All of his records are in the HOF but he isn’t. If the HOF tries to put him in now that he’s gone the family should decline the nomination and tell the HOF to stick it.
Heck of a sport. The Baseball Hall of Fame does NOT include the player with the most hits, the hitter with the most home runs, or the pitcher with the most Cy Young Awards.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT