ADVERTISEMENT

Rings of Power series on Amazon in Sept

Supposedly spent $120 million on the first 2 episodes. Someone should really do an audit on this show because it sure does seem like they are just stealing money.

Indeed a ton of special effects. The weird sauron amoeba effect that went on forever was probably a huge part of the cost. I say weird because it certainly seems out of place for that character and added nothing to the story.

In fact the event that triggered that amoeba scene was beyond ridiculous to me. No way such an interaction with such a character would ever be so easy.

The third episode was better.

Jmo but im really enjoying the series. I really didn't like it at all until i just changed my frame of mind.

The weird and useless deviations from cannon are extremely frustrating mainly because the deviations are unnecessary and add zero entertainment value.

However If you look st it through the lens of inspired by lotr instead of actual cannon, its very good and very entertaining.

Reactions: rudd1
My favorite part was where Elrond Richard Kimbled in front of his king and suffered zero consequences for his essentially a traitorous act. In fact he gets promoted.

The first 3 episodes are essentially the length of one Lord of the Rings movie and the amount of nothingness that happens in the show compared to what transpires in one of those movies is beyond belief. All 3 of those episodes could have been cut into one episode.

More musings:

Sauron goes to Mordor only to get captured and then bargains for his freedom? That's the plan?

Glad they brought back Eminem. Still don't know why that story line is still in the show. At least we only have one two crappy Hobbits instead of a caravan. The bell on the well thing was hilarious. Why are you so stupid?

Galadriel is still the worst. Not wise nor caring like she should be. Her stupidity furthers the plot I guess.

The blind queen navigating stairs like she is Daredevil is hilariously stupid. I was waiting for her to do cartwheels and a moonwalk on them.

And the eagle...the effin eagle shows up and screeches and everyone is yelling the eagle favors Pharazon! How the hell did they come to that conclusion when earlier they say if an eagle shows up at her coronation it would be a good sign for her reign?

JHC

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT