ADVERTISEMENT

Riley Gaines / Joe Rogan

Anyone know why Keion Brooks is not allowed to be discussed here? He's a former Kentucky player. Is it because he transferred?

I didn't know he wasn't allowed to be discussed. I thought we were just discussing him a couple days ago when Washington came up. He and Wheeler were both topics of that conversation.

Reactions: Blueaz and fabcat
Because he doesn’t go here and you brought up news that hasn’t been relevant in years.

Why would we want to talk about something that no one cares about anymore?

You also seem to be very disingenuous with you motives and started something under bad faith. Unlike the start of this thread, whether you agree with its original content or not

She doesn't go here either...

Reactions: funKYcat75
No. The board has rules, there's a place for politics specifically so we don't have to sift through this stuff to find sports discussion. No one's saying you can't virtue signal, but the rules say this particular board isn't the place for it.

Come on. The girl is literally going around the country to protect women's sports. Of course it's a sports issue. Just because it has been made political doesn't mean it isn't sports related.

Everybody talkin politics and I’m just pissed I missed out on the OF President’s Choice release today. Damn taters are ruining the game.

She doesn't go here either...
She just had a podcast on the biggest podcast platform come out this week. How is that hard to comprehend?

Also, she’s an alumni of UK. As I said early, we post current stories about former athletes all the time.

Brooks transferred away and chose somewhere else to play, and played at Washington just as long. I don’t consider him a former Uk athlete I need to pay attention to since he left for a different school. I feel the same about someone like Kyle Wiltjer.

The little semantics game you and BristolCat are playing is not cute

Its a former UK athlete on a very popular pod cast... this is a UK sports board... Seems appropriate to me. I may not express any comments or voice my thoughts on it but I see nothing wrong with it here at all. If you don't think its an appropriate thread no one is making you click on the link and read it... yet you have already posted two or three times in this thread in the HOB forum.

I get that it is also political in nature but there is a definite connection to a UK sports figure as the grounding reason for it being here.
And the discussion around Riley Gaines is 100% sports related. Her whole entire fight is regarding women's sports.

I just wonder if any of us even knew who Riley Gaines was before the dude beat her. And she chose her political stance. Bet over half the board didn’t.

Just my two cents though. Wish people would care less about things that don’t mess with them personally.

I don’t agree with men in women’s sports but I also am not going to lose sleep or read articles on it. We all know men would dominate the sport. It’s just a dumb argument.

I just wonder if any of us even knew who Riley Gaines was before the dude beat her. And she chose her political stance. Bet over half the board didn’t.

Just my two cents though. Wish people would care less about things that don’t mess with them personally.

I don’t agree with men in women’s sports but I also am not going to lose sleep or read articles on it. We all know men would dominate the sport. It’s just a dumb argument.

She didn't choose a political stance. The stance she chose has been made political.

She didn't choose a political stance. The stance she chose has been made political.
But she’s now making money strictly off one party and one agenda. I agree with her, just saying it’s political now. But you are right it was made political but shes went 110% on that now for monetary gain.

Reactions: kyeric
But she’s now making money strictly off one party and one agenda. I agree with her, just saying it’s political now. But you are right it was made political but shes went 110% on that now for monetary gain.
Can't fault her for that. If you are gonna put yourself out there for an issue like this, might as well get some kick back, too.

You are making the same argument she is. The thing that she was so against was the fact that her opinion on the subject was being silenced. She competed in the sport, her opinion about it was very relevant, regardless if her opinion was for it or against it. The fact that their sport is measured in 100ths and 10ths to someone winning by body lengths, that's an issue.

I'm not one that has strong opinions about how someone wants to identify themselves or have a relationship with. That portion of it is none of my business. Mixing genders in sports, other than intramural, as you put it, it's just dumb. These athletes put a lot of work into their craft, a governing body of any sport, shouldn't be stacking the deck against their hard work and dedication.

Me too brother. Preach.
I managed to grab the earlier 117 release this week, which was nice. Boss grabbed both, lucky dog that he is.

They had a 117 Scotch Cask Finish up in the website earlier if you wanna circle back and try to grab one of those.

Reactions: TruBluCatFan
Read his first post in the thread before trying to get involved.
I read every post. I read the one you referenced. I didn't see your name or see a real insult. I don't want to get involved but the reactions on this thread are a little too emotional. Riley's topic is women's sports and her wild success at and for UK makes her one of us. Democrat, Republican, Wig, or Know Nothing Party, having biological males participate in women's sports is a ridiculous concept and I hope girls, women and their families continue to fight this. I am proud of her standing up for what she feels is important in her sport.

Having biological males participate in women's sports is a ridiculous concept and I hope girls, women and their families continue to fight this. Full stop.

This should not be a controversial take or make you a bad human. She would disappear the minute this gets rectified but these are the silly times we live in.

I read every post. I read the one you referenced. I didn't see your name or see a real insult. I don't want to get involved but the reactions on this thread are a little too emotional. Riley's topic is women's sports and her wild success at and for UK makes her one of us. Democrat, Republican, Wig, or Know Nothing Party, having biological males participate in women's sports is a ridiculous concept and I hope girls, women and their families continue to fight this. I am proud of her standing up for what she feels is important in her sport.
I'm not reading all that but best of luck.

I'm not reading all that but best of luck.
Why are you even still responding in this thread? You were so insistent on getting it moved so you didn’t have to see it, yet you are still coming back and responding/showing hostility towards the people in it.

You said you thought there were rules about no politics, well I thought there were rules about how to treat other posters and not sabotaging threads

This thing went off the hinges. Good lord.
71e1ddeb01dd2a8ede80907ce4192e72fde1667aec3ce1e76a23bf56b5cd1982.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT