ADVERTISEMENT

Riley Gaines / Joe Rogan

https://genderreport.ca/the-swedish-u-turn-on-gender-transitioning/

Update: May 5, 2021 The U-turn is official.​

Sweden has officially ended the practice of prescribing puberty blockers and cross-sex hormones for minors under age 18. They have recognized the experimental nature of treating minors with puberty blockers and hormones and have established new protocols that deviate significantly from WPATH and the “professional associations” that the Canadian government and healthcare authorities are listening to. You can access the official documents and read more at the summary published by the Society for Evidence-based Gender

In the group of 13–17-year-old natal females, the Swedish NBHW report states that the comorbidity is greatest. In this unprecedented cohort of teenaged girls seeking gender transition the following co-morbidities were found:

• 32.4 percent anxiety disorder
  • 28.9 percent some form of depressive disorder
  • 19.4 percent ADHD
  • 15.2 percent autism

According to the DSM-V people who are transgender are not mentally ill. It's you against people much, much brighter than you. Thoughts and prayers! Transitioning has nothing to do with sexualization. Maybe that's why no one will denounce your myths? Try asking more informed questions.
Wow. So you are just another liberal who wants to diddle kids.

I asked you a direct question about the sexualization of children and you chose to argue semantics over the word sexualization rather than just saying no.

Weirdo

Scandanvia is very liberal... so it wasn't some far right reason they stopped transing children. Britain also just stopped and they were a decade behind the Scandanavian countries in starting this. Do we really need to perform experiments on our children to see if they come out better or can we take their word for it?

Did they not consult the American Psychiatric Association?

Did they not consult the American Psychiatric Association?
Or the DSM?? I mean, sure, for years….nay…..for its entire history up until very recently the DSM (correctly) labeled gender dysphoria as a mental health disorder, but magically changed it out of thin air.

I’m sure that change was totally organic and definitely not because they were bullied by the alphabet/gender/pronoun mafia and definitely not for any monetary reasons. Definitely not. Totally organic change.

Got a few thoughts at least on the OP (have not read the 11 pages of threads, but skimmed a few, and think I get the general drift):

First, if I had a daughter that was a top athlete and she got beat out by a transgender woman who had recently been a man, I would be pissed. Don't think any parent would feel otherwise.

Second, I know a handful of trans individuals, one I have been around almost since he was born. TBH, he had a lot of social problems when he was a girl, and since he transitioned into a male, as an adult, he still seems to have a lot of problems, can't hold down a job that requires stress, needs a lot of help from his family, etc. Now, does he have a mental illness? Can't say, not a professional, but from my perspective, he is not living his best life, or at least not a very productive one.

Third, this whole issue maybe affects .00001% of the population. And to the extent it really is a problem, I am confident that the LPGA, the womens' tennis tour, the IOC, NCAA and other women's sports organizations can decide for themselves how to run their sports, they surely have more at stake and know more about the issues than I do.

Fourth, this whole issue is yet one more example of fake outrage being orchestrated by certain groups for political purposes. I find it VERY hard to believe there is any measurable group of men willing to take massive hormones and undergo life altering surgery so they can finish 4th at the NCAA swim meet or win a two bit tennis or golf tournament. My own brother was going on and on about this at one point, and I stopped him: Neither of his kids even played high school sports, and I know he does not follow HS or college track and field or swimming. I bet neither he or almost no one on this board could tell me three individuals who finished in the top 3 at any NCAA swim meet, other than Mark Spitz and Michael Phelps. So what is he so upset about??

I did see a story last year (I think) about a trans kid in Kentucky who wanted to run on the girls track team. Of course, it became controversial, and the powers that be decided to ban the kid from running. At a middle school? Come on, no one outside of parents and friends even knows the sport exists. Just let the kid run, it gives them something to do and maybe helps their mental health, as well as physical.

Finally, and OT a bit, I am always amazed at posters who will post their same opinion on the same thread over and over and over and over and over again. Maybe that explains why threads like these go on for 11 pages or more. And why this site is not nearly as enjoyable as it used to be.
I'm a little confused as too why you would pissed if a biological male beat your daughter in an athletic competition and in the same breath argue to let a middle school boy run girls track?

Well considering its title starts with American, I don't see why that would make much sense.

You’ve been telling us your entire life that Northern European opinions are the best(war, living standards, healthcare).

Why won’t our credentialed experts listen to their credentialed experts now?

The euros aren’t coming from my conservative position. I can see the train wreck coming and want no part of it.

The euros have had the derailment and the Northern European transportation safety board had released it’s findings.

The science has evolved again. Americans are playing catch up.

Last edited:
TIL -

About APA​

APA has more than 38,900 members involved in psychiatric practice, research, and academia representing the diversity of the patients for whom they care.
As the leading psychiatric organization in the world, APA now encompasses members practicing in more than 100 countries.

https://www.psychiatry.org/about-apa

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
You’ve been telling us your entire live that Northern European opinions are the best(war, living standards, healthcare).
You mean my entire LIFE and I've maybe brought Europe up in only those three situations so that's a bit hyperbolic of you.
Why won’t our credentialed experts listen to their credentialed experts now?
You have this backwards in regards to the situation. The poster said that they would listen to an American association.
The euros aren’t coming from my conservative position. I can see the train wreck coming and want no part of it.

The euros have had the derailment and the Northern European transportation safety board had released it’s findings.

The science has evolved again. Americans are playing catch up.
I'm in favor of limiting how far gender reassignment goes in regards to minors as well.

Your point was about who was consulted not what the data was about. If the data is the same across the board then Scandinavian countries would just listen to their own medical professionals.

So you assert Sweden won't look to the largest collection of psychiatrists, that helped shaped an even bigger association to span the globe, because the data might be the same?

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
So you assert Sweden won't look to the largest collection of psychiatrists, that helped shaped an even bigger association to span the globe, because the data might be the same?
Hey you know what, you're right. The APA does have some sense of knowledge on this topic, maybe @RunninRichie should listen to your point as well.

I'm a little confused as too why you would pissed if a biological male beat your daughter in an athletic competition and in the same breath argue to let a middle school boy run girls track?
On the one hand he would be upset if it happened to someone he cared about but, he’s unsure because his party has evolved and is passing him by.

[insert which button to push meme]

I believe he said he'd be upset if he had a daughter that was a top athlete being defeated by someone who had recently transitioned, implying that it's at the very least the later years of high school. That's much different than a middle school track meet. If we have people up in arms about middle school athletics then those people frankly need to get a life.

Reactions: Tskware
I believe he said he'd be upset if he had a daughter that was a top athlete being defeated by someone who had recently transitioned, implying that it's at the very least the later years of high school. That's much different than a middle school track meet. If we have people up in arms about middle school athletics then those people frankly need to get a life.

Everyone in the example cares about middle school athletics. The people that want the trans to run and the ones that don’t. They all care. No one in that example is above the other in the amount they care.

Everyone in the example cares about middle school athletics. The people that want the trans to run and the ones that don’t. They all care. No one in that example is above the other in the amount they care.
Sure, go middle school athletes! Woo hoo for them. I'm saying that if you care so much about middle school athletics that you try and get laws passed preventing certain teenagers from competing in them then you are frankly a loser. Not even that, if you care so much about it to the point that you get online to rant about it then you're a loser.

Reactions: Tskware
I think that's a ridiculous standard and a very self absorbed point of view. Every kid that competes in sports cares about it and so do their parents. Just because it's a higher level of competition doesn't mean the participants are more or less concerned about fairness and winning. It's no different than high school or college athletics. If you play, you want to win and you want to competition to be fair. If you're a parent, you want your kid to compete on a level playing field. I love how you think your view of middle school sports if how everyone should feel about middle school sports.

I think that's a ridiculous standard and a very self absorbed point of view. Every kid that competes in sports cares about it and so do their parents. Just because it's a higher level of competition doesn't mean the participants are more or less concerned about fairness and winning. It's no different than high school or college athletics. If you play, you want to win and you want to competition to be fair. If you're a parent, you want your kid to compete on a level playing field. I love how you think your view of middle school sports if how everyone should feel about middle school sports.
See above^

Sure, go middle school athletes! Woo hoo for them. I'm saying that if you care so much about middle school athletics that you try and get laws passed preventing certain teenagers from competing in them then you are frankly a loser. Not even that, if you care so much about it to the point that you get online to rant about it then you're a loser.

I think they’re all losers. The people that care so much for middle school sports that they want to raise hell and write articles to force a kid to be allowed to compete and the other side doing the opposite. No one is better than the other, they all care. Saying “I don’t care if a trans kid runs” doesn’t mean you don’t care, it’s just another way of saying “I care if a trans kid doesn’t run” and vice versa. Anyone who has posted in this thread cares a little. The people who don’t care haven’t even looked in this thread.

Reactions: hmt5000 and SDC888
I think they’re all losers. The people that care so much for middle school sports that they want to raise hell and write articles to force a kid to be allowed to compete and the other side doing the opposite. No one is better than the other, they all care. Saying “I don’t care if a trans kid runs” doesn’t mean you don’t care, it’s just another way of saying “I care if a trans kid doesn’t run” and vice versa. Anyone who has posted in this thread cares a little. The people who don’t care haven’t even looked in this thread.

What about those us that care a medium amount? How dare you marginalize me!

61-ylEbQOKL._SL1500_.jpg

If someone you care about is diagnosed with BPD you might sometimes find it hard to understand their feelings or behaviour, or to know how to help. But there are lots of positive things you can do to support them:

https://www.mind.org.uk/information...sonality-disorder-bpd/for-friends-and-family/

Sad state of the world that an open debate about mutilating children is even occurring. It’s just one of those truly awful things that should be understood. There have always been freaks and weirdos who fantasized about it, but they were shamed into shutting up. Now those same freaks are celebrated.

If you think thats the argument then you are making more fun of yourself than you know. LOL. I don't even know the name of the girl who had her face broke in a HS volleyball game, but I still know its wrong to let a man compete against a girl in sports.

How many posts you gonna make in this thread dawg? You’ve filled almost a whole page by yourself.

Sorry. Transgender issues aren’t even close to the middle of my radar much less the front, but I don’t consume media that makes it seem like this is the biggest problem society is facing. (Spoiler: It’s not).

Transgender adults make up roughly 0.5 percent of the American population. Trans teens make up roughly 1.4 percent of the minor population (approximately 300K).

The hysteria I’m seeing makes it seem like that number is super high and there a dozens of trans women competing on every girls’ schools sports team at every school in every state. Not the case. Still isolated outliers. Still don’t care enough to get mad about it.

What is your stance on coed leagues and teams? Men/boys playing with and against women/girls. I was on several coed soccer teams as a kid, had a couple girls on a few of my Little League teams, played in a competitive rec basketball league where some girls on the middle school team played against the guys with several holding their own. I also played in several coed intramural leagues in college including softvall and basketball. Absolutely no one freaked out when my lanky ass sent some little girl’s shot into the fifth row of empty bleachers.

Last edited:
On the issue of affecting .0000001% of the population... That was true a few years ago. The people saying nobody is forcing this down your throats... Data shows some grades are showing highs of 20% identifying as trans or gender fluid. It's a social contagion and you don't fix by ignoring it. This experiment has already happened and kids were being hurt by doing this.

Please link this data. I am curious to read it.

Oh, mega played in some coed intramural leagues (where you have to meet a threshold of both men/women for each team, you know, to make it fair), so no problem here you bunch of bigoted MAGAts

Good gracious, how did we arrive at this destination?

Pretty much, thx. (And I am trying to take my own advice by not reposting the same opinion ad nauseum)

Reactions: MatteoV25
This issue has shifted. Early on, in other threads, some of the posters here were arguing there is no biological advantage for men portraying women when competing athletically against biological women. Those ill-advised people, for the most part, appear to have backed off those fictional arguments.

Now, we are told we should not care, unless we are directly involved. We are told that Riley Gaines has bad motives or looks like a man or should not matter, because her efforts did not achieve first place, but not that she is wrong. We are told we are losers for caring about women and girls who are placed at an unfair disadvantage in athletics.

As the rebuttals get more personal and ugly, we can be assured the facts and science are on Riley’s side.

I've never met a nazi nor have I been friends with one. But I'm pretty confident what they did to Jews was evil. I don't need to know "where they were coming from." Am I calling trans people nazis? No. I'm pointing out that you can know right and wrong regardless of how the wrong people feel about it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT