ADVERTISEMENT

Right now on Origin Sports

I was so young at the time, I never really think of them as playing at the same time. By the time I really understood who both of them were, their NBA careers had taken different paths. I remember Rex at Kentucky, but not Robinson pre-NBA all-star caliber.

Pretty neat, but I'm stuck at work.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I was so young at the time, I never really think of them as playing at the same time. By the time I really understood who both of them were, their NBA careers had taken different paths. I remember Rex at Kentucky, but not Robinson pre-NBA all-star caliber.

Pretty neat, but I'm stuck at work.
Robinson scored 45 points, which I believe is still the record in Rupp Arena.

When Chapman swung around momentarily open in the corner, Davender and Blackmon wouldnt pass it to him.

Last edited:
I was at that game..

Can't remember if they called him "the Admiral" at that point.
Dude was unstoppable, poor Rob Lock got abused.

Reactions: onearmedjesus
I know we hate all things Duke on here, but when Duke beat Navy handily to go to the Final Four the Duke fans had one of the best chants ever....Abandon ship! Abandon ship!

• Haha
Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Was that the same year Navy lost to Mouse McFadden and Cleveland St in the tournament?

Robinson was one of the best players I ever saw. Unselfish. Lol....I remember that during his pro career some thought he wouldn't make it because he didn't carry 'street cred'. He spent money building libraries for communities.

Reactions: BlueSince92
The days when Kentucky said you are WELCOME to bring in the best player on either team and we will BURY you.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Easily the best performance I ever saw live. If Navy had even a hint of good outside shooting, they would have won by ten. Glad to get out of that one with a win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT