ADVERTISEMENT

Rick pitino

U6 fans aren't handling this news very well. The only coach to bring them a championship* or anything in the modern era wants nothing to do with them. You hate to see it.

On the other hand, I didn't see this coming. I knew he was going to gift the bball program from the video he released when Pope was hired, but this is pretty cool. He's earned some respect from me. I hope he gave the baseball program some too.

I knew he was going to gift the bball program from the video he released when Pope was hired, but this is pretty cool.

Have we scheduled his team yet?

Given that he and Pope are close, I’m sure Ricky P.’s team gets to come to Rupp, and might even get a home-and-home.

Ain’t it so damn ironic? We refused to type his name for more than a decade!!!!

One of the great "what ifs" of our era is: What if Pitino had stayed at UK?
Yep no kidding if the Celtics would’ve never called. I wish he would’ve pulled a Hurley and stayed and man would we really be talking a dynasty. He would’ve been able to hand pick any player he wanted! My personal opinion we would be ahead of UCLA in titles right now.

Have we scheduled his team yet?

Given that he and Pope are close, I’m sure Ricky P.’s team gets to come to Rupp, and might even get a home-and-home.

Ain’t it so damn ironic? We refused to type his name for more than a decade!!!!
Don’t think they could get anything scheduled for this upcoming season. I think they are scheduling it for 25-26 for 30 year reunion of the 96 team in Rupp. Then 26-27 a return game probably at Madison Square Garden.

• Love
Reactions: The-Hack
Wow. As a football-first guy, I really was depressed as UK fan when he was here. Felt like basketball was being shoved down my throat. When he left and came back to Louisville , it really didn’t register as a “Benedict Arnold” thing. It would be the same as mentioning Duke or UNC to me. It means very little except our Peach Bowl in 1976.

I didn’t care for him when he was here, because I thought football was about at its lowest when he was here—but this changes things. Respect.

Reactions: Lost In FL
I never saw this coming, but I'm here for it. As badly as Pitino handled his time at UL (flipping UK fans the bird, needling the UK fanbase when he was losing to UK every year, etc), he has delivered a master class since Pope was hired. In fact, I think when he comes back here, he'll get a standing ovation at Rupp when I never thought it possible.

One of the great "what ifs" of our era is: What if Pitino had stayed at UK?
Absolutely a dynasty with coach Mark Pope going for number 12 now instead of #9. Hands down the greatest basketball program to ever exist while turning down some of the best players every year because of being full. Ha. I don’t blame him going to Boston at all looking back, but he knows now it was the wrong decision and would change it if he could. I could see multiple 40-0 seasons had he stayed here as well. What could have been.

Wow. As a football-first guy, I really was depressed as UK fan when he was here.

I’m as football first as any, but the real “turn” of UK football occurred in December of 1995, when Tim Couch committed. Yes, we’ve had some ups and downs, since, but I really think his commitment and then the brief excitement with Mumme and then Brooks ultimately led to Stoops seeking out the Kentucky job.

I’m as football first as any, but the real “turn” of UK football occurred in December of 1995, when Tim Couch committed. Yes, we’ve had some ups and downs, since, but I really think his commitment and then the brief excitement with Mumme and then Brooks ultimately led to Stoops seeking out the Kentucky job.
Exactly

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT