ADVERTISEMENT

Richie Saunders on Campus

Would really like for UK to pick up Saunders. He's not just a throw-in guy. He's a good player and knows Pope's methods and systems. If he comes I believe he'll be playing a lot and I wouldn't count out him starting next season. And the thing is, I think if he's not starting that means we've got another very good player on the roster playing ahead of him - because I think it'll take a pretty good player to put him on the bench.

Would really like for UK to pick up Saunders. He's not just a throw-in guy. He's a good player and knows Pope's methods and systems. If he comes I believe he'll be playing a lot and I wouldn't count out him starting next season. And the thing is, I think if he's not starting that means we've got another very good player on the roster playing ahead of him - because I think it'll take a pretty good player to put him on the bench.
Pope liberally uses his bench. Down to the 8th or 9th guy -- they get significant minutes. And the rest get non-trivial minutes. His style demands effort and fresh legs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT