ADVERTISEMENT

Richie Farmer: Does anybody know what he is up to these days ?

I don‘t care what political misdeeds he may have committed. He’ll always be an “unforgettable” to me.
“Political misdeeds”? Well, that’s a creative euphemism for it. The dude was simply a thief who thought that his special status in this state entitled him to steal all he wanted from the taxpayers.

But, hey, he’s served his time. We can still remember the basketball part of his life fondly.

He was actually on Wlap the other evening talking about the NIL deal that he has. He's partnered with a company that's doing T-Shirts that say "Is Richie Gonna Play". He was telling some cool stories about his time as a Wildcat. It was good radio. He said he talks to Pitino often and is going to make sure he gets one of the shirts.

Prob my fav' HS player in Ky of all time , I was in Lville the night he poured in 35 plus ( ??) against Allen Houston in the state championship game . They doubled him all night long . 2 much taller players couldn't stop him .
And his part of the " unforgettable" was just that . To me he's just a Wildcat great . No judgement on the stupid crap he did after his time in Lexington . He paid his time for it . Let it go

Prob my fav' HS player in Ky of all time , I was in Lville the night he poured in 35 plus ( ??) against Allen Houston in the state championship game . They doubled him all night long . 2 much taller players couldn't stop him .
And his part of the " unforgettable" was just that . To me he's just a Wildcat great . No judgement on the stupid crap he did after his time in Lexington . He paid his time for it . Let it go
Agreed. He didn’t hurt a kid or kill anyone. People make mistakes; some worse than others. It’s life.

It wasn't just Farmer on those Clay County teams. Russ Chadwell was pretty good as well. I remember him being pretty athletic and would dunk on folks.

Reactions: rupp876
It wasn't just Farmer on those Clay County teams. Russ Chadwell was pretty good as well. I remember him being pretty athletic and would dunk on folks.
Agree about Chadwell,he was a helluva player also.Reminds me of Marion County during Anthony Epps senior year.They had a really good team and Epps was the headliner but Elton Scott was the key to that group.He was a good player also.They also had a player that would come off the bench that was damn good to but I can't remember his name .I think Scott was Mr.Basketball the following season if I remember correctly.If not,my apologies.

“Political misdeeds”? Well, that’s a creative euphemism for it. The dude was simply a thief who thought that his special status in this state entitled him to steal all he wanted from the taxpayers.

But, hey, he’s served his time. We can still remember the basketball part of his life fondly.
¥ou know, I get what you are saying and understand how you feel. But then I have to ask, how do you justify life in general then?
Hear me out: I have two guys who work for me; great workers; honest workers, hard workers but both lie, cheat and draw food stamps under false pretenses along with reduced rent from the state.
Then we have our great leaders in Washington who, both parties now, cheat, lie, screw over Americans every day and we just look the other way?

I would be willing to bet if the IRS really took a deep dive into your records, they would come up with something that you fudged the numbers a little on. You know, everyone does that, fudge the lines of the gray areas but its only us so its OK, right?

Richie Farmer was accused of a crime, sentenced and paid his dues to society. When I look back and see things today and how the government, the media all twist the facts to serve their agendas, do we really know the real facts of anything?
What we do know is Richie Farmer paid his debts to the taxpayers. What we also know is he gave his all to UK and its fans.
I am a huge Pete Rose fan. To this day I feel he is what a baseball player should be. Did he break the rules? They say he did but you have to give it him on one thing, he never bet on his team to lose. But he did not break the rules while as a baseball player, only as a manager.
Richie Farmer broke the rules as a politician but not as a UK player.
Life has a way of changing folks. Pencils have erasers for a reason. Life has erasers too. It is called 'us"

¥ou know, I get what you are saying and understand how you feel. But then I have to ask, how do you justify life in general then?
Hear me out: I have two guys who work for me; great workers; honest workers, hard workers but both lie, cheat and draw food stamps under false pretenses along with reduced rent from the state.
Then we have our great leaders in Washington who, both parties now, cheat, lie, screw over Americans every day and we just look the other way?

I would be willing to bet if the IRS really took a deep dive into your records, they would come up with something that you fudged the numbers a little on. You know, everyone does that, fudge the lines of the gray areas but its only us so its OK, right?

Richie Farmer was accused of a crime, sentenced and paid his dues to society. When I look back and see things today and how the government, the media all twist the facts to serve their agendas, do we really know the real facts of anything?
What we do know is Richie Farmer paid his debts to the taxpayers. What we also know is he gave his all to UK and its fans.
I am a huge Pete Rose fan. To this day I feel he is what a baseball player should be. Did he break the rules? They say he did but you have to give it him on one thing, he never bet on his team to lose. But he did not break the rules while as a baseball player, only as a manager.
Life has a way of changing folks. Pencils have erasers for a reason. Life has erasers too. It is called 'us"
Great post and I will say this about Pete...he's in my hall of fame.I loved to watch him play.One day,after Pete has died,they will let him in but they will never let him in while he's alive

Agree about Chadwell,he was a helluva player also.Reminds me of Marion County during Anthony Epps senior year.They had a really good team and Epps was the headliner but Elton Scott was the key to that group.He was a good player also.They also had a player that would come off the bench that was damn good to but I can't remember his name .I think Scott was Mr.Basketball the following season if I remember correctly.If not,my apologies.
Well Epps and Scott worked well together. I think Anthony made Elton look really good and then I think with that confidence Elton grew into the player he became. You also had Michael Douglas who went on to Kentucky State U. and left there as the all leading scorer. Also Derek English was on that MCHS squad. They were a nice HS basketball team. In 94 without Epps, Elton Scott was Mr. Basketball as you said but they didn't do shit in the postseason. Epps was just a winner even in HS. Elton Scott did go on to sign with UofL but he wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer academic wise. So he attended Sullivan JC. Then went on to West Virginia.

Last edited:
Reactions: lj bulldog
Well Epps and Scott worked well together. I think Anthony made look Elton look really good and then I think with that confidence Elton grew into the player he later became. You also had Michael Douglas who went on to Kentucky State and left there as the all leading scorer in points. Also Derek English was on that MCHS squad. They were a great HS basketball team. In 94 without Epps Elton was Mr Basketball as you said but they didn't do shit in the postseason. Epps was just a winner even in HS.
Oh I agree about Epps.I loved to watch him play.He was just a winner.I can remember Pitino experimenting with Delk at PG to start the 95-96 season and it became clear that Epps had to run the show and he did.He was exactly what that team needed in a PG.

Had one of the best dunks I've ever witnessed in my 50 plus years .. Sweet 16 in Louisville he started on the left baseline and jumped off two feet and did a left handed power slam along the baseline .. dude was like 5'11 . off 2 feet with a left handed slam

I don‘t care what political misdeeds he may have committed. He’ll always be an “unforgettable” to me.
You don’t care that he stole your tax dollars and used them for personal expenditures? Sheesh, I do! But you’re right, he’s absolutely “unforgettable” 😂😂😂

Ok first of all, the whole “he never bet on his team to lose” thing is such BS. The dude lied for years about betting in general to the point where only an absolute fool would believe a word that came out of his mouth. If Pete Rose was soaking wet, walked in my door, and told me it was raining I’d have to go check myself lol.

And even if he “didn’t bet on his team to lose”, that wasn’t some act of nobility. It just meant he thought his team would lose the game that particular day.

And that’s not even his worse crime. We haven’t even broached the topic of him liking to sleep with underaged women.

Ok first of all, the whole “he never bet on his team to lose” thing is such BS. The dude lied for years about betting in general to the point where only an absolute fool would believe a word that came out of his mouth. If Pete Rose was soaking wet, walked in my door, and told me it was raining I’d have to go check myself lol.

And even if he “didn’t bet on his team to lose”, that wasn’t some act of nobility. It just meant he thought his team would lose the game that particular day.

And that’s not even his worse crime. We haven’t even broached the topic of him liking to sleep with underaged women.
Opinions are like assholes,everybody has got one even when they are bullshit like yours,it's still your opinion

Reactions: rupp876 and deep3
You are rather detestable and obnoxious. He got busted for what was and continues to be common practice. He went through what he did because of who he is. Welcome to ignore.
Farmer is rather detestable. Can't believe you're defending his actions. Weird.

Good fair post but I can’t buy in 100%. Those days of UK basketball are probably my fondest memories. I was young and loved those teams and players. I’m not the person to judge him but I strongly disagree with the things he did. That’s all in the past but I just can’t respect the guy at this point. But I can see why some look past what he did.

Reactions: Bluesbrother
Farmer is rather detestable. Can't believe you're defending his actions. Weird.
I'll defend him. He had a drug problem and made some mistakes. He went to prison and turned his life around. He paid a big price for his actions. His crimes weren't violent, just dumb decisions.

Let ye who is without sin be thy first to cast thy stone. All that stuff is in the past. He served his time. People need to stop looking backwards all the time. There’s not a perfect person among us on this earth. Somehow some way we gotta blow all this negative energy off this board and out of UK athletics.

Reactions: cal=8
I'll defend him. He had a drug problem and made some mistakes. He went to prison and turned his life around. He paid a big price for his actions. His crimes weren't violent, just dumb decisions.
Yeah dumb decisions of wasting at least a half a million dollars amongst other things. But yes, blame it on the drugs. If he didn't play for UK you would not be defending him.

Reactions: ace on the river
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT