ADVERTISEMENT

Returning PPG

UKFAN4L

Sophomore
Mar 26, 2009
Obviously no one is returning to UK, but has anyone dug up how many points per game we have coming in from transfers from their previous schools?

That will definitely go up in Pope’s offensive system!
It's not just Pope's system that will increase their numbers, but their being surrounded by better players all around will make them better as well. Especially if defenses were focusing on these guys individually, trying to take their game away from them because the other players on the team weren't as good.

I think that's especially true for Amari WIlliams and Koby Brea. Possibly for Butler, Carr and Oweh as well, but they were on pretty good teams. Kriisa was also on a horrible West Virginia team. I can only imagine his numbers go up across the board with better players around him. Garrison is oneo f the younger players, so his numbers should ratchet up just by gaining experience.

It's not just Pope's system that will increase their numbers, but their being surrounded by better players all around will make them better as well. Especially if defenses were focusing on these guys individually, trying to take their game away from them because the other players on the team weren't as good.

I think that's especially true for Amari WIlliams and Koby Brea. Possibly for Butler, Carr and Oweh as well, but they were on pretty good teams. Kriisa was also on a horrible West Virginia team. I can only imagine his numbers go up across the board with better players around him. Garrison is oneo f the younger players, so his numbers should ratchet up just by gaining experience.
I don’t think we get both Lanier and Robinson
Minutes will be getting lean if both are added.
Points wise I hope we can average 80 plus

What we’re bringing in is points per minute, and generally quite high points per minute. From guys who are generally going to be playing more minutes here than where they came from. So expect that 76 ppg projection number to go up considerably.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
I don’t think we get both Lanier and Robinson
Minutes will be getting lean if both are added.
Points wise I hope we can average 80 plus
If we get Lanier, we'll be north of 80 ppg.

Pope's BYU team average 81/game last year, and we'll have better players at every position than they did, with the exception of perhaps small forward (Robinson).

Butler: 9.3 ppg
Brea: 11.1 ppg
Carr: 13.5 ppg
Williams: 12.2 ppg
Kerr: 11 ppg
Oewh: 11.4 ppg
Garrison: 7.5 ppg

Total: 76
Thanks for that breakdown. Sure looks like we have the firepower to keep up with anyone, especially when you add the freshmen contributions and an improved defense. It will definitely be interesting.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT