ADVERTISEMENT

Report: Kentucky to Allow 15 Percent Capacity at Rupp Arena

Not sure how many of y'all live in Lexington or have seen the absolute madness going on around Rupp. Heritage Hall, food court, all that is gone and a total wreck.

I couldn't give a rip avout covid or all this stupidity surrounding it. Reality is limiting capacity is a smart play for getting in and out down there with all thats going on. Bite the bullet this year and next season when construction is complete including actual parking, look out!

Next year will be no different this stuff is permanent

So we're all clear, youre going with the "demolition, fences and rubble are all permanent " angle.

Please, Id love to hear more. We all would.

No no no the lockdown is permanent. Not sure about anything to do with rupp construction but it's likely not ever gonna be allowed to be filled to capacity

No no no the lockdown is permanent. Not sure about anything to do with rupp construction but it's likely not ever gonna be allowed to be filled to capacity
Well that had nothing to do with what I posted so I'm not sure why you felt compelled to quote me.

Everything in this capacity depends upon how they do this. Do you distance people before they enter the arena, do you have them spaced inside, etc? Watching college football some schools have people in the stands grouped together which makes no sense. Seems like at Rupp you could handle more, but any numbers hopefully mean we will have a season.
Those grouped together may be family.

The older fan's in there have just as much right to be there as the young ones.. It is their right to stand or sit, if it bother's you so much stay home and watch on the tellie..
I hope that you live long enough to be an old Cogger sitting there enjoying a game you love.. See it does come back to bite you in the buttox..
I know IO can't spell very well but you might get the drift.. I am also self taught typing so I do miss a key every now and then so bear with me.. I still love UK sports and will follow all the teams UK has playing..

GBB

Great post KY gampa and i agree with you. It was these old folks who help build Rump. Some of todays young people don't understand that it was the older generation that help build this great nation. I'm 75 and it gets me pissed to see some of the young people disrespect the older generation. I went to 1 game at Rupp in my life and i did not sit down, I stood most of the game and yelled my butt off. Some of the older ones might not be able to stand like i did but the deserve to be there. JMO

Reactions: ORCAT
Even if trump wins handily the democrats are going to declare victory and have their own inauguration for Biden. The military and the police you name it are gonna have to decide which president is the real leader

Even if trump wins handily the democrats are going to declare victory and have their own inauguration for Biden. The military and the police you name it are gonna have to decide which president is the real leader
Dumb post of the week, like a total reversal of reality and nothing to do with the topic. Good job. Maybe your brain froze when you were left out in the cold.

Reactions: wildcatcorner

I'm not a Biden guy but what in the world are you talking about? Where did you get such thoughts? Or, were you just drinking a lot last night?

Reactions: wildcatcorner
Just curious how much of home crowd do you think you lose by reducing attendance?Cameron is going to be empty this year.I think we lose a five to seven points per game

I guess that answers the question......drinking.

Back to the topic. Has there been any mention of piped in crowd sounds? When watching some of the NFL games especially early on it seems like they have a big crowd and cheers when the home team does something good, or groans, etc. Personally, I think it is well done because when really focused on the game I can forget there is no one in the stands and then the camera pans the stadiums and reminds me. I think it would be so much better if they imitate that for each teams home court. Neutral games, not sure how to do that but otherwise the crowd noise makes it more fun.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT