ADVERTISEMENT

Remember when people didn’t want Reeves back ?

I gave those guys a lot of shit. I just can’t help myself. But at the end of the day they are really big fans. They want to win soooo bad man. Just like all of us. But there are a lot of fans who, when we don’t win, they just lash out. They are so overcome with anger that they just want to flush everyone associated with their disappointment down the drain. I kind of pity people like that. They are slaves to their emotions

Reeves had a bad game in the tournament last year. But damn, to say that you don’t even want his bum ass back is nonsense. I cannot get on the same wavelength with these people. Way too emotional

I gave those guys a lot of shit. I just can’t help myself.
They deserve it. The problem with those people is they're so damn arrogant. Talk down to people who don't share their opinion and act all holier than thou. Then when proven wrong they just slink away and move on to the next topic where they can talk down to people who don't agree.

They deserve it. The problem with those people is they're so damn arrogant. Talk down to people who don't share their opinion and act all holier than thou. Then when proven wrong they just slink away and move on to the next topic where they can talk down to people who don't agree.
They sure don’t come back and own it.

I wanted him back. You always need pieces.

I just didn’t thing he was a deal breaker. I felt like he disappeared in crunch time and I was tired of him waiting it out last summer. I just was ready to move on from him. That being said, I’m very glad to have his scoring on this team.

I gave him an assignment earlier. He’s probably going to be busy for awhile? Thinking is hard for that dude 😂
Truly it just outs the guy as a troll. I took about 5 minutes of my time last week to go back and tag him in all of his dumb quotes about Reeves over the summer.

All the guy has to say is you know what, I was wrong. I missed on that one. I’d let that shit go. But him continuing to just not even own up to it shows what he’s about. If you have a dumb take and you miss, just own up to it man. All you gotta do.

We had fans years ago who openly mocked Joe Crawford when he attempted to transfer to Michigan State. Then he came back to UK and became one of our hardest working players and almost single-handedly willed UK to a tournament win years later as a senior. The same fans looked like fools. Some of them still post here.

Some of our fans have a mentality of "kick 'em to the curb" whenever someone shows the slightest bit of disgruntlement. They're the same ones who openly rooted for guys like Wiltjer, Matthews, and Brooks to fail once they transferred.

They'll call out any disloyalty to the program, but they don't follow it up with real critique against Calipari when he puts draft stock ahead of winning basketball games. They never call him out when he says that his #1 priority is helping kids chase their dreams, even ahead of on-the-court success. They also did NOT call out Calipari when he used the UCLA job as leverage to land a huge deal. So Cal can sniff other opportunities that might better his life, but Reeves can't?

Funny how that works.

And then they complain when you bring it back up.

And act like you are doing hours of research to call them out. The search function on this forum is super easy and quick and helpful

I don't see the point of attacking fellow posters for things the were wrong on, and then also expecting them to "own it"?
This @UKBB4Ever dude deserves be raked over the coals over and over again for his idiotic take on Reeves. Some takes are just wrong and you let that go. Others like this clown deserve to catch heat, because I’ve seen enough of his posts to side eye him as a troll.

Reactions: NociHTTP
They sure don’t come back and own it.
I will. Since we're bringing this up, AGAIN. But, as one of these stupid fans, I'll reiterate that I didn't want Reeves gone because of a bad game. The reservation I voiced was questioning Reeves motivation after he decided to come back. Myself, and a few on here, feared he was coming back to stat pump for draft status. And I was really concerned what that would do to the stellar class coming in. I'll own that reservation all day, because it was a valid concern. But, I couldn't be more happy after seeing how well he plays with this squad. Very thankful he's a Cat right now!

I will. Since we're bringing this up, AGAIN. But, as one of these stupid fans, I'll reiterate that I didn't want Reeves gone because of a bad game. The reservation I voiced was questioning Reeves motivation after he decided to come back. Myself, and a few on here, feared he was coming back to stat pump for draft status. And I was really concerned what that would do to the stellar class coming in. I'll own that reservation all day, because it was a valid concern. But, I couldn't be more happy after seeing how well he plays with this squad. Very thankful he's a Cat right now!
We can disagree about whether it was a valid concern but I respect you owning your stance

And we have clowns on here that said he doesn't show up in big games, lol!! There is a whole thread on it..absolutely insane!
They will hold that k-state game over him forever but he has been consistent for the most part during his time here. Last year he was the only outside threat we had, and this year he is being asked to do more than he still should and he is stepping up. He should honestly be in the all American discussion or 2nd team

Reactions: gharding07
Exac
They will hold that k-state game over him forever but he has been consistent for the most part during his time here. Last year he was the only outside threat we had, and this year he is being asked to do more than he still should and he is stepping up. He should honestly be in the all American discussion or 2nd team
Exactly. Without him yesterday we definitely lose that game.

Maybe we should have a thread where everyone has the opportunity to come clean and eat shit over their bad takes. Hmmm

I think most of us wanted him back. I still think he can take his play up another notch, which you would like to see from a 5th year guy.

I’d like to see him embrace the spirit of sharing the ball a bit more. I think he’s the kind of guy who can shoot you in or out of a big game. Would love to see him shoot us in, and cut down on shooting us out this March.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT