ADVERTISEMENT

Remember When John Calipari Wouldn't Start Reed Sheppard?

Sounds like a less accomplished Shai that had the accident of a different birth place and parents.
He contributed exactly zero to either consideration.

The mercenaries garbage is delusional sour grapes.

It is pure I love Reed so he is magically different.
Depends on your definition of a mercenary. When anyone speaks of such it generally refers to players who committed here 1) solely because of cal 2) was only spending one season and one season only in Lexington regardless of how their season went. Neither applies to Reed. Don’t think #2 applies to Shai either.

Sorry...I just don't feel the same. Now he's just another one of the old coaches hired mercenaries that used Kentucky for one year to get himself drafted. No different from all the others and soon to be forgotten. I'm really disappointed in his decision; I knew it was probably coming, but I wanted him to be different.
You're a terrible person. He gave his all, was respectful, but he didn't take KFuqua's interest over what's best for him so you attack him?? You're a disgrace to UK fans. Nothing about his time here was as a mercenary or using the program. He was coming here regardless of the coach and he deserves ever single penny of the millions he's about to make. For you to act like he's a bad person for doing what's right for him instead of making you happy is ridiculous. I'm glad we don't know each other.

• Haha
Reactions: KFuqua
Hey y'all, remember when John Calipari wouldn't start Reed Sheppard? Remember when Cal wasted our entire season trotting out Wagner and Edwards and digging an 8-10 point hole at the beginning of every game?

Totally worth squandering Reed and Dilly's only year here wasn't it?
He forever lives in your head

if UK had won the national championship or even gone to a final four, everyone would be fine with Shep going pro.

I don't think you can have it both ways. Reed gave the school all he had or was allowed to give.

Its not his fault that he had an arrogant ass for a coach.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
It might have been Cals worst coaching job of all the 15 years. His handling of edwards/wagner and the starting lineups all season…just absolute dog crap.
Don’t forget the extremely inconsistent subbing/playing time patterns that seemed to have no thought behind them.

Sorry...I just don't feel the same. Now he's just another one of the old coaches hired mercenaries that used Kentucky for one year to get himself drafted. No different from all the others and soon to be forgotten. I'm really disappointed in his decision; I knew it was probably coming, but I wanted him to be different.
Which is why I have always said cal isn't the only reason players leave as freshmen. Reed would have left if he had went to any school. There will be others do the same thing here. It's selfish and bizarre to bash him for being good at his job.

There's never been anything wrong with players leaving for the NBA who excel like Dillingham and Sheppard. The problem is the ones who don't also leave, like Wagner, Bradshaw, Edwards etc

Reactions: susan2361
Why on earth would Shep want to come back to this sh**show after being treated worse than Hawkins in the Saul era.
Because the guy that treated him that way is gone. I never said that I hated him for it, never trashed him or anything like that; I figured he would declare, but I had hoped
You're a terrible person. He gave his all, was respectful, but he didn't take KFuqua's interest over what's best for him so you attack him?? You're a disgrace to UK fans. Nothing about his time here was as a mercenary or using the program. He was coming here regardless of the coach and he deserves ever single penny of the millions he's about to make. For you to act like he's a bad person for doing what's right for him instead of making you happy is ridiculous. I'm glad we don't know each other.
Get over yourself. I'm far from a terrible person and I don't see how I attacked him at all. As a matter of fact, I didn't trash him or say anything bad about him and I said that I had expected him to declare, but hoped he wasn't the same as the others. If you don't agree, that's fine; people do see things differently. However, I stand by what I said. Everyone complains about the one and done and how it destroyed Kentucky basketball, and they have a right to complain about it because it did. But it's hypocritical to crap on all of the other players who have just used Kentucky as a 1 year stop to make a lot of money and then jump to the NBA after 1 year and then say it's okay for Reed because you like him. I never said he was a bad person, so stop making up things to fit your whining rant. What he did is no different from all those other players who did it. I wish him well; I just hoped he would be loyal to Kentucky and try to help lead it back from what Cal did to the program. He didn't, so now he's just another one in the line of one and done players that used Kentucky.

Reactions: CGblue
I guarantee if you played one season for Kentucky and were a projected top 5 draft pick you would declare so fast we would all get whiplash. Feel free to say otherwise, but everyone here will just know you’re a liar.
You have no idea what you're talking about. If money is all you care about; that's fine, and you would have made the same decision. But, believe it or not, everyone is solely driven by money, I'm not a liar in any way.

I love Reed, but let’s not forget he through up an absolute clunker in the post season. Legends are made here for what banners you are able to hang. We couldn’t even win a game in the SEC tournament or NCAA tournament with this group. Part of that is on Cal but part of it is on the players. Reed significantly underperformed in the post season…bottom line.

Reactions: Wildcatjedi
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT