ADVERTISEMENT

Relax

Kybluedude

All-SEC
Nov 19, 2005
I remember Wall and Bledsoe out of control early on. DeAaron Fox couldn’t finish a layup. Knight missed several big shots early on. Marques Teague was really struggling early.

They all came around after gaining college experience.

Learn from that history and give DJ, Justin plus Reed and Rob time. They have the tools will be fine.

This board is so reactionary! Lighten up it’s a marathon.

I remember Wall and Bledsoe out of control early on. DeAaron Fox couldn’t finish a layup. Knight missed several big shots early on. Marques Teague was really struggling early.

Learn from that history and give DJ, Justin plus Reed and Rob time. They have the tools will be fine.

Miami and UNC are going to be proving grounds. If they aren't performing better by then, I'm going to be a little worried. Rob and Reed I'm not concerned about. I'm not even overly concerned about Edwards. But DJ has got to produce. We're going to be screwed if not.

Miami and UNC are going to be proving grounds. If they aren't performing better by then, I'm going to be a little worried. Rob and Reed I'm not concerned about. I'm not even overly concerned about Edwards. But DJ has got to produce. We're going to be screwed if not.

DJ is doing one thing extremely well and that is valuing the ball. But yeah, he has to at least shoot at a respectable clip.

These cream puff games we have for the next 3 weeks suck because they don’t do much for a player like Wagner’s development. It’s just like being back in HS where he can blow by his man at will. Then after 4-5 games we play a P5 team again and he’ll be right back to square one. Kid needs to be in the gym shooting constantly right now.

They are freshmen and going up against experienced college athletes. To only lose by 5 to the number 1 team in the country is something to be hopeful about. I understand most of the frustration is with Calipari - not with the players - so maybe focusing energy towards him is the best angle. These guys are still learning the ropes and one game against Kansas does not mean failure. They will get so much better and I look for them to learn a great deal from all their games.

DJ is doing one thing extremely well and that is valuing the ball. But yeah, he has to at least shoot at a respectable clip.

These cream puff games we have for the next 3 weeks suck because they don’t do much for a player like Wagner’s development. It’s just like being back in HS where he can blow by his man at will. Then after 4-5 games we play a P5 team again and he’ll be right back to square one. Kid needs to be in the gym shooting constantly right now.
Put Adou on him in practice. That'll get him ready for P5 defenders.

Can’t and won’t debate those points regarding players. But what frustrates me and many others is those were in the 1st half of the coaching tenure. The 2nd half tenure has been different. I don’t know the answer but the recent trend has been different.

I fully expected a loss against KU but damn that game turned out to be very winnable and we saw some of Cal’s trends come out. UK is going to have to have Wagner be good to go far but that doesn’t mean in every big game where he is not he still has to be showcased. I‘m not sold on Reed being the 1 over Wagner at all, in fact quite the opposite. But in that KU game, Reed and Dillingham were giving UK the better chance.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot

If DJ shoots another off balance left hand floater I might punch a hole through a wall

I understand most of the frustration is with Calipari - not with the players - so maybe focusing energy towards him is the best angle.
That's me in a nutshell.
uEvEW2.gif

The premise of the OP is flawed. The vast majority of this board aren't mad at DJ and Edwards and fully expect that they will get better as the season goes on. Everyone knows they're freshmen.

We're upset that in-game, Cal continues to refuse to give minutes to the players that are playing the best on that day and that give us the best chance to win.

Against UNC on Dec 5, Wall seemed to do fine. In a big game.

Kentucky (8-0)​

StartersMPFGFGAFG%2P2PA2P%3P3PA3P%FTFTAFT%ORBDRBTRBASTSTLBLKTOVPFPTS
Patrick Patterson37812.667711.636111.000221.0002570112119
John Wall32510.50048.50012.50057.7140557307216
Darius Miller3237.42912.50025.40000134122008
Eric Bledsoe1727.28625.40002.00056.833011200449
DeMarcus Cousins1527.28627.2860015.200145001145

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT