ADVERTISEMENT

Reid Travis Appreciation Thread

Rupp'sRunt

All-American
Apr 19, 2008
The one guy we know 100% will not be on the team next year and that makes me sad. I loved his game and the way he could clear out the whole lane, it really opened things up for others to make plays. It's nice to have a senior like him with a grown man body type. I hope he finds much more success in his basketball career. BBN loves you Reid.

Makes you wonder what type of player he could had been if he was at UK for 4yrs. He def was man amongst boys

What hurt the most about this loss was that it was Reid's last game. Sure, PJ is gone as are several others, but they at least have a choice. Reid is done, he can't play college ball anymore. He came here to try to win an NC, and unfortunately we fell short. He played his heart out every game and couldn't rely on athleticism like many of our guys, rather he relies on the immense strength he has developed, the techniques he has refined, and his tenacity. Wish we had 4 years of him!

Thank You Reid, I am glad you came here if only for one year. Without you, we don't win close to 30.

Reactions: Calsmyguy
Solid contributer every night. The addition we needed. Cant beat that Stanford degree.

We won't get a player like him to play significant minutes, be a contributor from day 1 as a freshman and stick around 4 years.

You all may not like Nick Richards now but he has 2 seasons of eligibility and hope more time learning the game to help process it, he can be a solid contributor as a senior. We may have our big body guy to clear the lane out if he sticks around and doesn't get ran out. He doesn't have to be as good as Travis do play that role for us in 1 year like Reid did.

Travis fortunately had plenty of time to grow and develop through errors while being the man for 4 years at Stanford.

Last edited:
Reactions: warrior-cat
He's absolutely everything you want in a grad transfer.

I was hurting for him yesterday, but the guy has a Stanford degree and played basketball for Kentucky. If he never does anything else, he's a success. But we all know this won't be the end for a guy as talented and bright and mature as he is.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Really enjoyed Reid. Will be grateful for his year here and the leadership he brought!

The one guy we know 100% will not be on the team next year and that makes me sad. I loved his game and the way he could clear out the whole lane, it really opened things up for others to make plays. It's nice to have a senior like him with a grown man body type. I hope he finds much more success in his basketball career. BBN loves you Reid.
Gonna miss the heck out of him. I wish him the best going forward and appreciate him coming here for his final year.

Reid was a rock solid guy...a good player and a good teammate. Very mature, intelligent guy who represented UK very well in his brief time here. He'll be a success in whatever avenue he chooses to pursue.

Reactions: DocPT
I'm not crying, you're crying.

All jokes aside, Reid is a good dude and we were blessed to have him this year. No Reid and we are a s16 kinda team.

Reactions: DocPT
Reid was a solid contributor to the Wildcats basketball team. His toughness, intensity, smarts and skills will be greatly missed. I wish him well in his next life phase, whatever that happens to be.

Without RT we don't have the winning season we've had. Thank you for your time at UK. Best wishes at the next level!

REID TRAVIS, I really liked him being at UK, my all-time favorite "One-N-Done" Kentucky Wildcat!!!
20190220-192441-Travis.jpeg

I wish we could get another year from Travis. It sucks man. I hope Sestina can be like him.

Thanks for making the BBN a big part of your family Reid. Best of luck in the future...always in the BBN!!

You epitomized hard work and professionalism. We were blessed to have you! Best of luck with your future endeavors. Thank you Reid Travis!

Really, just now, starting to realize Reid Travis won't wear the UK uniform for an NCAA game ever /again. If you're a father or soon-to-be, he is the type of man you hope your son becomes. Successful both academically and athletically He truly is the kind of person that can do and become anything he wants to. Best wishes to him in all that he does.

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-basketball-men/article228670119.html

(Video included)

'This has been one of the best years of my life playing basketball'

HerroTravis.JPG

travis.jpg

Travis stood there for a few seconds before Ashton Hagans walked over, gave him a hug, and whispered something in his ear.

“I love you,” UK’s freshman point guard told him. “Thanks for helping me get better this whole season.”

A few seconds later, Tyler Herro — another freshman — did the same thing.

“I told him, just, that I love him,” Herro said.

When Herro was finished, it was Nick Richards’ turn. The sophomore center started every game of last season, but Travis’ arrival pushed him to a bench role for most of this one.

“I told him that I love him,” Richards said. “And that I built a bond with him that I’ll never forget.”

Travis then wiped his eyes with his Kentucky jersey and walked toward the postgame handshake line, a look of disbelief still splashed across his face."

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

He will be missed. One of my favorite UK players ever. Best of luck to this young man.

Played at UK. Stanford degree. The sky is the limit for this guy.

Going to really miss him. His demeanor and blue collar attitude made him an awesome Wildcat. Wish we had him more than this year.

Reid is a class act and always a Wildcat. He'll go on to do great things and always know BBN will have his back. Here's to wishing him great success in whatever he chooses to do..

Wish we had a Reid Travis on every team he was a fantastic player and person , Dam Reid I wish we could have gotten you home brother you dam sure did your part , thank you !

Reid was a great asset to the team. Our season would have been much different without him. Really liked him and wish him the best!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT