ADVERTISEMENT

Reeves should have been on the All American

A three level scorer that defends well, rebounds, passes and plays hard all the time. What more do they want?
He doesn't defend well. At all. Occasionally he picks off a pass, because he left his own man. At the most inopportune times he makes terrible passes. Another year here would surely fix those things. Under the right coach.

EDIT: That's what I get for not wearing my glasses at my computer. I thought thread title said "Reed". Good God.

Last edited:
He doesn't defend well. At all. Occasionally he picks off a pass, because he left his own man. At the most inopportune times he makes terrible passes. Another year here would surely fix those things. Under the right coach.
I was going by what Cal said. He said that Reeves had turned into one of the very best defenders on the team.

Reactions: dl51344
This will just feel all the better to say we won the title without a single All-American. lol.

Actually.. all four 1-seeds are represented.. Marquette, Tennessee, Arizona represented as 2-seeds.. Creighton and Illini as a 3-seeds ..Auburn, Duke, Alabams and Kansas represented as 4-seeds.

That just leaves ISU, Baylor and Kentucky as the only teams in the top16 seeds, who don't have an All-American. Interesting.

Reactions: EliteBlue
Are you serious? How in the hell was he not on the all American teams. That's ****ing bullshit.

Reactions: teli
Snubbed is the right word for it alright, ask any opposing coach that we have played against, and their number one priority is stopping Antonio Reeves. He has the short, mid-range and long-range game, which is unusual. He's a great kid who just keeps his nose to the grindstone, a winner. So, first team all SEC isn't good enough for a spot on any of the AP's first, second or third team all American teams. If Mark Sears is on the second team, Reeves. is good enough to be on one of them.

Reactions: teli
Did the Kentucky athletic department campaign much for him to be an all American? I don't remember him being promoted for it much.

He 100% should have been an AA. It hurts him that the 2 biggest media stars are Reed/Rob even tho Reeves is our leading scorer and most critical piece. He gets overlooked bc the young guys hype and draft status. Combine that with how quietly he gets his points and he just doesn’t grab the attention and headlines. Just goes out there w his lunch pail and quietly puts up 20-30 nightly. His demeanor also plays into how easy it is for him to just blend into the background of the CBB landscape. Quiet dude that doesn’t show a ton of emotion after plays. Just another day at the office

Its only 15 players, so maybe he should have replaced that Stiff at Kansas or the kid at Creighton.

Reeves definitely overshadowed by Sheppard and Dilly too

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT