ADVERTISEMENT

Reed to go number 1?

Reed played defense like someone who hadn't had good coaching YET. The problem is he came to an elite university and you expect a guy to get better with the resources we have. It just shows you how bad Cal was. Reed and his team were awful defensively and they only had small glimpses in the season where they showed improvement, but overall it could be argued that they may have even regressed through the year on defense. I am so looking forward to someone actually coaching at UK vs. focusing on generational poverty.
We had not been that great defensively since 2015. It wasn't just Reed and this team. Our defense had sucked for 4-5 years and most of it goes correlates to the time that Chin took over the defense. That is why I don't fear Arkansas as long as that idiot is helping Cal.

Reed is ranked as high as he is because he does everything well. His shooting percentages were incredible, open, guarded, off the dribble, catch and shoot, all his percentages on 3s were good. Also a good FT shooter. He was one of the best athletes at the combine in every measurable. Good passer and ball handler, with a 2.25:1 assist to turnover ratio. Averaged 2.5 steals and 0.7 blocks per game off the bench.

Last edited:
He doesn't play the whole game well. His defense is awful, he often leaves his man going for a steal, resulting in wide-open 3's and he's afraid of contact resulting in easy layups. On both offense and defense he ball-watches, his passing is inconsistent. We saw this in both tournament games. We've been through this before. A team would be foolish to make him the #1 pick, he'll get a GM fired. Take off your blue-tinted glasses.
I think this all goes back to who he was being coached by....Calipari . He did not really coach that team he just depended on the talent he had . The whole team was bad on defense and he was not the only player that got caught ball=watching. With the right coaching i think he will be a high assist leader in the NBA . I just hope he gets drafted by a good team.

He doesn't play the whole game well. His defense is awful, he often leaves his man going for a steal, resulting in wide-open 3's and he's afraid of contact resulting in easy layups. On both offense and defense he ball-watches, his passing is inconsistent. We saw this in both tournament games. We've been through this before. A team would be foolish to make him the #1 pick, he'll get a GM fired. Take off your blue-tinted glasses.

The caveat here is "who else is for sure a better pick?". I agree, Reed at #1 is a stretch.. but if he's already seen as a top 3-5 pick.. taking him #1, when no one else really wows us, isn't all that crazy.

As an NBA fan.. I'm not sure what to make of these top prospects. I'm skeptical of uconns "system" guys. The euro prospects seem closer to being a Darko than a Doncic..

Reactions: NociHTTP
He will have a good career in the pros, but he is not a Number 1 draft for the NBA I am glad he will get that money, but I can’t see that investment as paying off. . He will not be able to drive a team to NBA championships. He could be an integral part, as other smaller guards, but not the killer player needed for a franchise.

He doesn't play the whole game well. His defense is awful, he often leaves his man going for a steal, resulting in wide-open 3's and he's afraid of contact resulting in easy layups. On both offense and defense he ball-watches, his passing is inconsistent. We saw this in both tournament games. We've been through this before. A team would be foolish to make him the #1 pick, he'll get a GM fired. Take off your blue-tinted glasses
1 year at UK playing 25 or so minutes a game stats:
Points 441, Assists 148, Steals 82, Blocks 23, Rebounds 136, TO 66, Smarts Off the charts.
He was a lot more than just a great shooter at UK.

Imagine how low he would have been drafted - if at all - if Cal hadn't done such a masterful job of developing him.

I don't follow NBA. But I hope this ends up being true.
Reed is a class act.
I hope it isn't true. I hope he falls to Washington. I would love to be able to go to the arena to see him play whenever. If he comes to Washington, there would be no pressure on him because Washington is executing a rebuild and he is the floor general needed for the job.

I hope it isn't true. I hope he falls to Washington. I would love to be able to go to the arena to see him play whenever. If he comes to Washington, there would be no pressure on him because Washington is executing a rebuild and he is the floor general needed for the job.
Ugh Washington is basketball purgatory, we should all hope he goes to the Spurs, they are made for the future.

Good for him if true, but Trilly isn't right very often. Or I should say, my reliable source says that Trilly isn't correct very often.
You don’t have to be correct if you qualify it with “may” to fall back on if he’s wrong. Plus, he’s gotta keep the suckers spending their money on his “info” in the offseason. Looks like it’s working.

Reactions: know1
1 year at UK playing 25 or so minutes a game stats:
Points 441, Assists 148, Steals 82, Blocks 23, Rebounds 136, TO 66, Smarts Off the charts.
He was a lot more than just a great shooter at UK.
You forgot to post how many points he gave up. If he could guard at a decent level, the steals would have been much lower. How many crucial turnovers he had late in games. Those rebounds? That's from leaving his man. You can do this.

Ugh Washington is basketball purgatory, we should all hope he goes to the Spurs, they are made for the future.
The only we that in a selfish way that I am worried about is me. I would love to have him where I see all of his home games if I chose too.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I think this all goes back to who he was being coached by....Calipari . He did not really coach that team he just depended on the talent he had . The whole team was bad on defense and he was not the only player that got caught ball=watching. With the right coaching i think he will be a high assist leader in the NBA . I just hope he gets drafted by a good team.
I'm open-minded, some of his numbers are indeed skewed by who the coach was. I too hope, for his sake, that he's drafted by a good team, though that might leave him further down the bench. Some guys really take to being the new guy on block, others it gets to them.

Man what is your problem ??
I don't know what his problem. For whatever reason, everytime he posts he turns around and says "top that". I mean, good God, I hope he has a script that helps him to create new accounts easily. That shit would get OLD having to come up with a new name, create an account, verify the account, and then fabricate a pseudo-personality so that he can (hopefully) post without being noticed.

Reactions: westerncat
I'm open-minded, some of his numbers are indeed skewed by who the coach was. I too hope, for his sake, that he's drafted by a good team, though that might leave him further down the bench. Some guys really take to being the new guy on block, others it gets to them.
You are unlikely to go to a good team if you are selected top 5.

You are unlikely to go to a good team if you are selected top 5.
That's why I think there are games being played with the media. Also, it could be a bad team that happens to have depth in front of him. I really feel he should have come back for one more year, Pope would have helped him tremendously. You just never know.

Reactions: LmdCat
That's why I think there are games being played with the media. Also, it could be a bad team that happens to have depth in front of him. I really feel he should have come back for one more year, Pope would have helped him tremendously. You just never know.
What would help him?...the nba drafts on potential. 1 year practicing with an nba team and doing so as a full time job, with their facilities, is more valuable than playing away games 1 year at Vandy and Georgia, etc.

You're insane to turn down a top 5 pick chance...in the weakest draft in recent memory..

"Ah I could play with Greg popovich if I get drafted 4th, but maybe mark pope knows something to get me to number 1" LOL!

This draft is so weak that he couldn't afford to pass on the opportunity.

Houston is up and coming and got the 3 pick from Brooklyn so there is that.
I said good team. I don't think anyone who has spent any time watching the NBA would consider Huston a good team. As for being up and coming, most of the NBA are up and coming teams that never get beyond that point.

Same person that always goes after her. It’s like their daily job or something. Don’t have much else to do.
It's obvious someone here with a regular account that I have blocked, who is just following me around. There was one deepsheet last fall who kept asking me in-thread who the different profile pics were. Must suck to be them, at my job I have 3-4 guys in the breakroom looking at me every day, and my female co-workers always smile when I'm around. There's even this little Army vet that keeps hanging around me, talking so much out his ass that his Nipocchio threatens to break his zipper. At any rate Romeo on here isn't giving up :)

Watched so many show highlights not a peep about Reed. Well, one fat guy making fun of his suit saying it looked like a member of the media. So I know we have some great stat guys on here.

How long has it been since a USA white Freshman went top 3? Since a Kentucky born player went top 3? Just curious, got zero from any coverage or highlights. Most highlights showed 1 and 3 then went like 10th for some odd reason. I recorded 5 shows and almost nothing about Reed.

I hope he crushes it and makes these soxalled experts look like usual, idiots.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT