ADVERTISEMENT

Reed Sheppard follows up quiet Monday debut with very nice Wednesday game

Smashcat

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2012
In his NBA debut (excluding summer league), rookie guard Reed Sheppard was relatively quiet for the Rockets in Houston's preseason loss at Utah on Monday night. In 20 minutes, the No. 3 overall draft pick from the 2024 first round had 4 points, 3 assists, 3 rebounds, 2 blocks, and a steal while shooting 2-of-7 from the field (28.6%) and missing all four of his 3-pointers.

In Wednesday's exhibition victory at Oklahoma City, the Kentucky product was much improved. In 23 minutes, Sheppard finished with 11 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists, and a steal while making 5-of-7 shots (71.4%), including his lone 3-pointer. Houston also went +4 as a team in the sharpshooter's minutes, as compared to -10 on Monday.

Oh what in the name of all things 1980's am I looking at on his face!?

2024-10-10-09-24-48-Window.png

2024-10-10-09-25-11-Window.png

I predict he'll have a very solid NBA career ... probably stat-sheet-stuffer type of box scores, a few of everything, including steals and blocks for a guard ... BUT ... I don't see him being an all-star. That's ok ... but being a top 3 pick always comes with All-NBA or All-Star level expectations. Really hope it works out for him. Either way, he's a rich dude and will always be supported/loved by UK fans.

There was another clip going around where he had a block and a steal within 20-30 seconds of each other leading to multiple baskets.
Yeah but that was my critique of Reed. Everyone points to blocks and steals as trackable stats and he was great there. But on ball and even off ball defense he seemed to get beat a lot.

Reactions: Zissou87
Yeah but that was my critique of Reed. Everyone points to blocks and steals as trackable stats and he was great there. But on ball and even off ball defense he seemed to get beat a lot.

Beats not being great at blocks and steals.

The stache is pretty trendy right now. But like a lot of 'beards' out there, most staches should be re-evaluated. Not shaving doesn't make facial hair into a mustache or beard. A good stache is rare, but a strong look if you can pull it off. A stache is a grown man's game.

Reactions: chroix
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT