ADVERTISEMENT

Reed declares

Good Luck to Reed..He is one former Cat that I will follow in the NBA. I hope he goes to San Antonio and hooks up with Victor..please don't let him end up in Detroit or Charlotte.

I was wishing beyond real hope he would return for one more year but I totally understand him going. He's projected in the top 10 with no guarantee he would be that high next year. Have great success, Reed. I don't watch much of any NBA but I will keep up with how Reed is doing. BBN loves you, go make us proud!

If I watch the draft and see Cal sitting there with Reed and Rob, I will feel like throwing a brick through the TV>>

Since this is a weak draft and he will be a top pick I don't blame him, but I don't think he is physically mature enough for the NBA right now. He will have to grow into the job.
Agree...he going to see lot of stuff going on he's never dealt with. Hope he's strong.

Reactions: jwphelps
Best of luck to the kid, I think it's a horrible decision though. Even if he left kentucky and went and played somewhere else he needs another year in the college game. Has all the gifts but he's way too young mentally and won't have enough time to correct for that at the next level. I get maximizing on the weaker class but at what cost? He could out of the league before his rookie deal is up. Will be a hell of a Euro player in three years though.

Out of curiosity, who was the last projected top ten pick that decided to return to school instead of the draft?

Reed has a great skill set for the NBA and I expect him to succeed. Good luck to him and congratulations.
Last one I remembered was Noah at Florida….came back to try and repeat

Reactions: Jacket4
I love Reed, but I think he looks back and regrets this. Money aside (he would have made a few mil here) getting lost in the NBA or stamping your name in the history books in college. Yes he could possibly do well in the NBA but they would have built a statue here for you.
You don't worship statues that can't talk back!

Also interesting to see what his legacy will be here. I'm not sure it's going to be as high as we think. For as good as he was at times, for his legacy, and for what an ambassador he was... he played 1 year, lost in the first round of the SECT and NCAAT, and also really disappeared a lot of games (yes some of that is on Cal).. i

It's hard for me to put him above even guys like Herro, SGA, Nick Richards.. and certainly not above guys like Brandon Knight, Bledsoe, Terrence Jones, The Harrisons, etc..

Sure, he's a Kentucky kid.. that's cool and all.. but his career here was a dud. Flame away lol.

Also interesting to see what his legacy will be here. I'm not sure it's going to be as high as we think. For as good as he was at times, for his legacy, and for what an ambassador he was... he played 1 year, lost in the first round of the SECT and NCAAT, and also really disappeared a lot of games (yes some of that is on Cal).. i

It's hard for me to put him above even guys like Herro, SGA, Nick Richards.. and certainly not above guys like Brandon Knight, Bledsoe, Terrence Jones, The Harrisons, etc..

Sure, he's a Kentucky kid.. that's cool and all.. but his career here was a dud. Flame away lol.
I sneakily agree with this. Had some great moments but ultimately his legacy could’ve been a lot more valuable if he had a different coach.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
I sure hope this is the last of these ****ing one and done freshmen. In the end, he's just another one of Cal's fail and bail players. Kudos to him for playing himself in to all that money, though. Take care of yourself first.

He wasted them so bad that they are in the top 10 of the NBA Draft!
NBA drafts on talent & potential, not team success. It actually shows how bad Cal wasted their talent while they were here. You don’t have Dilly, Reed, and All American Antonio and not win a single postseason game. Thats a travesty and maybe Cal’s worst coaching job ever.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF
I was quoting the kid in the Christmas Story; when he dropped the lug nuts

Reactions: Rideordiewildcat
NBA drafts on talent & potential, not team success. It actually shows how bad Cal wasted their talent while they were here. You don’t have Dilly, Reed, and All American Antonio and not win a single postseason game. Thats a travesty and maybe Cal’s worst coaching job ever.

It's inexcusable and unforgivable and Cal knew it. I think it's part of why he left.

Reactions: Blue_2_the_bone
It's inexcusable and unforgivable and Cal knew it. I think it's part of why he left.
I don’t know if he did. I still believe Cal didn’t want to leave and made a ploy for NIL money. It failed because Mitch was just looking for a reason to get rid of him without the massive buyout and told him to kick rocks. He knew he couldn’t come back. Either way, I’m glad that era is over and we’re moving on.

I sure hope this is the last of these ****ing one and done freshmen. In the end, he's just another one of Cal's fail and bail players. Kudos to him for playing himself in to all that money, though. Take care of yourself first.
it won’t be. Sure, coach pope probably won’t bring a whole squad of guys expecting to go one and done, but he will attract some.

Plus, in a case like Reed, he wasn’t expected to leave after one year. He had a heck of a season and earned a high draft projection. That’s going to happen again, specially if you have a good team.

Reed will be a legend forever!
Thank you buddy
Repping the 49th district!
While I wish him the best and will follow him, he is a Kentucky high school legend, hopefully a NBA and basketball legend, but it is nonsense to call him a UK legend.

Gerald Fitch would need a telescope to see Reed in his rear view in that pecking order and he can't see Anthony Epps with the James Webb.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Out of curiosity, who was the last projected top ten pick that decided to return to school instead of the draft?

Reed has a great skill set for the NBA and I expect him to succeed. Good luck to him and congratulations.
Probably Tim Duncan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT