ADVERTISEMENT

Reed declares

Out of curiosity, who was the last projected top ten pick that decided to return to school instead of the draft?

Reed has a great skill set for the NBA and I expect him to succeed. Good luck to him and congratulations.

I really think the weak draft helped solidify this. If it was the other way around, he might be looking at going 20-30th this year, or top5 next year. But he was almost for sure going to drop next year unless he really showed out. How do you take the risk.

I also think he's going a little early, hope he sticks this landing cause it might be a little far of a leap.

I really think the weak draft helped solidify this. If it was the other way around, he might be looking at going 20-30th this year, or top5 next year. But he was almost for sure going to drop next year unless he really showed out. How do you take the risk.

I also think he's going a little early, hope he sticks this landing cause it might be a little far of a leap.
Because of his lack of athleticism (as much as I hated that term used by Cal), I think he's going to have a difficult time sticking in the NBA, but that money is really tempting.

I know that had to be a tough decision for him. I think he knew about two weeks ago. I would’ve made the same decision.

Who could’ve ever thought this was a possibility when he was North Laurel? Never would’ve predicted he be a lottery pick after one year.

Reactions: Fox2monk
crazy that 90% aren’t calling him a fat bastard pos.

After all we only judge what you do in your final game right?

But in all seriousness, I think he will struggle in the nba for a year or two.

Reactions: Warf2012
Well, I really thought he might stay one more year and I think he almost did, but a lottery pick is just to hard to turn down. His stock couldn’t go any higher so he should be set for life. I hope he does well but I have my doubts with his size, but he doesn’t have to worry about now if it doesn’t work out.

Selfishly wished he would stay but you can’t take a chance on being a lottery pick and potentially having an injury if you come back. Right decision by him and wish him all the best

Reactions: cat tat2
Nothing surprising here, unless you are some of the few on this board that argued he was coming back for some reason.
He’s built different! It’s legacy. Nope at the end of the day the all mighty $ wins again. It always will. Not that I blame him, the decision was honestly easy.

Common sense plays out. There was no way he was passing up being a lottery pick which is what every college player dreams of.

Reactions: Fox2monk
His father? Of course. Reed? Not even close. We don't do one and done legends with 0 NCAA tournament wins at UK

This is a fair point. For all other calipari players they have been purely judged on ncaa tournament success or lack thereof at times.

Don't blame the kid. The only other outcome he had was to come back and drop in the draft. It would of been hard to replicate the season that he had. Thanks for giving us a great year .

He was the worst player on the floor in his final game here. Plenty of blame on his shoulders, too
It’s about coaching and how a coach uses you too. Let’s be honest Cal hasn’t been up to par when it comes to preparing teams and players for the end of the year since 2019….

Don't blame him one bit.

But his "legacy" at UK is not one bit different than Justin Edwards....

I love Reed and his game. His parents advised him well.
With that being said can we all agree that we should not bash in the future any player that will be looking over his best interest when he chooses to go to NBA or jumps in the portal ?

He will make more the first year than most people make in a lifetime. Would of been a stupid decision to not help generations of his offspring.

Sad Michael Scott GIF

There was no way he was coming back with him being an early lottery pick. It’s life changing guaranteed money.

Big LOL to anyone who thought this was ever going to turn out differently

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT