ADVERTISEMENT

Reed declares

Love love love that kid I don’t blame him one bit good luck into his next chapter… Would’ve loved to have him back another year….

Reactions: Zissou87
Well, sad to see him go, excited to see him reach his dream.

Now, where are all the guys who told me I was an idiot for saying he was gone………
Can you show me the actual post of posters who called you an idiot for saying he wasn't coming back ? I can only speak for myself, but I knew there was a better chance than not he would declare (who wouldn't with his projection), but MY position was it was not 100% he was leaving, and he would at least entertain the possibility of coming back (though not likely). I honestly believe he did spend some time tossing the idea around, but I damn sure wouldn't call a poster an idiot for saying something that had a better than 80% chance of happening. If posters really did that, they are the real idiots.

Best wishes to and many prayers for one of the best to ever wear the UK uniform.

I love Reed ,Offensively he is ready for the NBA, but he is not ready defensively, average guards scored on him constantly this year. I can't imagine what a NBA guard will do to him. But I wish him the Best.

Last edited:
Well, it was fun while it lasted. He was even better than my dreamiest most optimistic hopes for him. A shame I can’t say the same for his coach and team this year.

Well done, young man, hope you have a great NBA career.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
LOL, I think he's made a mistake. There are clearly areas that he needs to work on, he's going to get clobbered in the NBA if he doesn't. But I don't blame him for going for the money. Most of us would say yes. I have a school loan that's added $11,000 in interest over the years because I didn't make enough money to survive on and make the school payment so it was frequently in deferment or forbearance. So I get the money situation. I just wish he would have announced sooner.

I guess at this point I’m comfortable saying I want Burks gone, Wagner to take UK off his list, Adou to move on as well.

I’d like to have a clean split with Calipari and his one and done culture that has been absolutely venomous to this program.

Think its a mistake. But wish him well... I think his odds of getting a second contract just went down, but I hope he proves me wrong.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Sad to see him go but a obvious decision. Just pissed that cal screwed up his only year at uk. Not sure we will EVER get another legacy uk player during my lifetime....

Did he hire an agent? Or just testing his options?
LOL, he's not coming back. He would have to comb the combines for us to have any chance of him coming back. Pope should never mentioned anything about "sheppard" in that speech.

Sad to see him go but a obvious decision. Just pissed that cal screwed up his only year at uk. Not sure we will EVER get another legacy uk player during my lifetime....
Legacy player? He wasn't a legacy player. He was a Kentucky kid who's great at shooting 3's and FT's, but not much else. Wonderful family. A good to great player.

Reactions: CROCAT
Kind of like the most obvious thing that we'd make the tournament last year?? lol

You apparently have no shame at all to post this when you posted that we wouldn't make the tournament last year and then guaranteed it when pressed. What a joke.
And your prick ass reminded me about it and I own up to it like I always have. You have no shame to constantly remind people when they are wrong, which is all you do on here when you post. You literally don’t post anything else. Your whole persona is “ I told ya so” stop with the moral high ground bullshit. I didn’t guarnetee shit, because I was never pressed, I said they wouldn’t make it and then I got a couple of replies and then again admitted I was wrong, but that doesn’t fit you agenda does it you prick. And btw all the game thread shit was my grandfather who I have said numerous times was the one complaining on here not me, I deleted the account off his phone and it’s been soley me for the last month, but again that’s doesn’t fit your agenda. And before you reply I know you will go digging for posts from this account form 3-4 months ago because you love to let people know they messed up.

Last edited:
And he can work on those areas while in the NBA. He's learning nothing here next year he can't also learn in the NBA while being a lottery pick in a generationally weak draft.
He absolutely would learn if he was next year. He'd learn how to operate within an actual offense, and would likely get a lot of teaching on his defense. This is not a case where he had nothing to prove or improve upon. The risk is injury.

LOL, I think he's made a mistake. There are clearly areas that he needs to work on, he's going to get clobbered in the NBA if he doesn't. But I don't blame him for going for the money. Most of us would say yes. I have a school loan that's added $11,000 in interest over the years because I didn't make enough money to survive on and make the school payment so it was frequently in deferment or forbearance. So I get the money situation. I just wish he would have announced sooner.
Can't overstate just how weak this draft is. Reed made the best decision for Reed as he should.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT