ADVERTISEMENT

Reece v/s Clark Part Two : POSITIVE Thread (Somebody had to do it)

All I know is Caitlin Clark is playing tonight on ION network at 7:30 and my DVR is set to record all Fever games. Before Caitlin I never watched a WNBA game and all that was on was NBA summer league. I've tried to watch the 3 on 3 some but can't get into "Has Been Basketball." Thank God for Caitlin. Summertime/Fall sports sucks. I am looking forward to the Olympics. I think USA dominates with this years squad. Women were idiots to leave Caitlin off their squad. It's a long time until Cats play Wright State on Nov. 4th.

Reactions: UK_fanatic
The poster you replied to specifically said, "Why not include free throw percentage? What about blocks?" as stats that you missed.
OK, I will list them (I honestly didn't see someone post FT% and blocks., not that it is a huge difference, but here you go :

Clark - 89% FT% - 3.9 makes per game / 4.3 attempts per game / Steals 1.5 per game / Blocks .9 per game.

Reece - 75.2% FT% - 3.9 makes per game / 5.1 attempts per game / 1.5 steals per game / .5 blocks

Clark is a great young player and will be a top player for a long time, she is the most exciting player to watch right NOW. But I started this thread directed at the posters who say "Reece sucks", solely based off of her horrible personality, when it is just simply not true. She is a very good player and will be a star for a long time also. I simply said "for as great of a "shooter that Clark is, you would think she would average more than a couple points per game more than Reece ( a non shooter). Then people say "she gets her own misses and simply stays under the basket and gets put backs" Well explain the over 7 defensive reb. per game ? They take what Reece does better and put disclaimers instead of credit to her, but make excuses for Clark for stuff she is not good at.

OK, I will list them (I honestly didn't see someone post FT% and blocks., not that it is a huge difference, but here you go :

Clark - 89% FT% - 3.9 makes per game / 4.3 attempts per game / Steals 1.5 per game / Blocks .9 per game.

Reece - 75.2% FT% - 3.9 makes per game / 5.1 attempts per game / 1.5 steals per game / .5 blocks

Clark is a great young player and will be a top player for a long time, she is the most exciting player to watch right NOW. But I started this thread directed at the posters who say "Reece sucks", solely based off of her horrible personality, when it is just simply not true. She is a very good player and will be a star for a long time also. I simply said "for as great of a "shooter that Clark is, you would think she would average more than a couple points per game more than Reece ( a non shooter). Then people say "she gets her own misses and simply stays under the basket and gets put backs" Well explain the over 7 defensive reb. per game ? They take what Reece does better and put disclaimers instead of credit to her, but make excuses for Clark for stuff she is not good at.
I just want to point out that her name is "Reese".

Also, I haven't seen anybody say that she sucks other than you when trying to frame your debate. Where did anybody ever say that (please link the thread and post)? I have seen people argue that she's not as good as Clark and argue why Reese isn't worthy of ROtY over Clark, but not that she comparatively sucks against the rest of the WNBA.

Reese gets 7 DRbs/game. OK? She should, she's a power forward. Clark averages 5.5 DRbs/game as a point guard. I don't think that DRb statistic separates their game the way you are expecting it to.

Reese went 5 of 17 last night from lay up range. She got 10 and 10 to keep her streak going with three of her rebouds being her own missed layups. The game before last, Chicago was up 9 with 7 seconds left and with the ball and Reese was posting up to try and get into double figures and they fed her and the ref blew a whistle real quick to get her to the line. Oh and last night, despite Cardoso doing better, they took her out so Reese could get more opportunities.

Clark has more points, more assists, more steals, and more blocks than Reese (in fact, she has twice as many blocks as Reese). It is utterly laughable that anyone can argue that Reese is leading the way for ROTY.

Also, I haven't seen anybody say that she sucks other than you when trying to frame your debate. Where did anybody ever say that (please link the thread and post)? I have seen people argue that she's not as good as Clark and argue why Reese isn't worthy of ROtY over Clark, but not that she comparatively sucks against the rest of the WNBA.

Reese gets 7 DRbs/game. OK? She should, she's a power forward. Clark averages 5.5 DRbs/game as a point guard. I don't think that DRb statistic separates their game the way you are expecting it to.

Damn I thought so the entire time but he titled her name Reece so I assumed I was wrong. I don’t keep up enough with her to know.

I guess I care even less than I thought I did because I’m not going back to change it. Every time I said Reece with a C I was thinkin man shouldn’t that be an S?

There are 4 current players that have 2 or more with one player having close to a triple double average.
So getting a triple double in the wnba is rare... And I would assume those girls are usually forwards or centers?

Reese is a great rebounder with a great motor. But that’s really it. She isn’t skilled offensively or defensively. But she makes up for it with hustle. If she puts in the work and develops a mid range jumper, she has potential to be a really great forward in the league. If she doesn’t, she’ll be a female Andre Dummond or Kenneth Faried.

Clark is already a top 3-5 playmaker in the league. Her court vision and pace is ridiculous. She makes a lot of turnovers. But it’s to be expected as much as she is used and the pace she plays with. It is what it is right now. Players with the ball in their hands always lead the league in TO but it’s about their upside. 1/4 of them aren’t even her fault. I say this as the highest compliment, but when you watch her, she moves like a guy. It’s the same as watching Bre Stewart, Griner, Sabrina, Plum, or Aja Wilson. The best players play like men and Clark has it.

Reactions: UK_fanatic and nptb
Reese is a great rebounder with a great motor. But that’s really it. She isn’t skilled offensively or defensively. But she makes up for it with hustle. If she puts in the work and develops a mid range jumper, she has potential to be a really great forward in the league. If she doesn’t, she’ll be a female Andre Dummond or Kenneth Faried.

Clark is already a top 3-5 playmaker in the league. Her court vision and pace is ridiculous. She makes a lot of turnovers. But it’s to be expected as much as she is used and the pace she plays with. It is what it is right now. Players with the ball in their hands always lead the league in TO but it’s about their upside. 1/4 of them aren’t even her fault. I say this as the highest compliment, but when you watch her, she moves like a guy. It’s the same as watching Bre Stewart, Griner, Sabrina, Plum, or Aja Wilson. The best players play like men and Clark has it.
Yeah, I always said Clemmette Haskins played like a guy.

Sorry, REESE. I wasn't listing her defensive rebounds to compare to Clark. I listed them to point out to the posters who was saying "Reese gets rebounds from her own misses is why she averages so many and scores the points she does." So I replied that she averages over 7 defensive rebounds to go along with the offensive rebounds (most of her rebounds are NOT off of her own missed shots). The whole debate was I said she leads the whole WNBA in rebounding and posters said she got most of them off of her missed shots, not whether or not she is a PF and Clark is a guard. I was simply stating her stats and not comparing to Clark. The whole point is their TOTAL stats are a lot closer than what people want to admit. That is my point. I stated I would vote for Clark, but also Reese is not the horrible player MANY stated, merely a horrible attitude.

Decided to watch more of these two. Might I say that the WNBA’s jerseys and courts are way too busy and look like absolute dogshit. It’s like a ps3 randomly generated middle school European league. CC went to a team that’s court logo and jerseys don’t even match. It’s hideous and it’s part of their problem. Worst look for any sport I’ve ever seen in my life, and what the hell the Fever? Women have those during that time of the month? Why?

CC is worlds ahead of Reese. I mean it’s not when close just watch the games. For one CC’s stats are far more impressive if taken in proper context. For two Reese really does miss a ton of shots directly under the goal but it’s the WNBA and she grabs them up and keeps shooting until she makes one. She has no range what so ever and if she’s the leagues top rebounder then the league sucks. Watched the Griner dude wow, he really, really sucks. If that’s Reese’s big man competition then no wonder. Griner is flat out garbage at basketball, no skills at all and looks slow and lost out there.

I’m sorry the only person on that court that looks like a pro is CC. After watching more of this I’m not sure why the media is acting like this is even a discussion, I guess ratings. But yea there’s no competition here, CC is worlds, universes better, than Reese.

For the rest of the league Reese looks to fit in and be okay. I guess she’s a top player outside of CC? I guess. For the rest of the league Reese looks to be valuable. CC is another level and if you just watch the games it’s not hard to see it really.

The WNBA is a really bad product outside of CC. Just watching some random games yesterday I’m surprised at just how bad it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: UK_fanatic
Reese is not the horrible player MANY stated
You keep saying this, but I still don't know which posts you are talking about. Please link them to provide supporting evidence.

There is a number in the upper right hand corner of each post. Click on that, and then copy and paste the links to the specific posts where people have said that Angel Reese is a horrible player.

Reese's fan base likes to talk about Clark being the product of media hype when in reality that's what Reese is. Reese does not move the needle.

The Fever are overwhelmingly leading in attendance. The Sky are seventh. This is not even mentioning that Clark's road games helps the attendance numbers of every team she plays thus boosting them further.

Let's look at ratings. Surely, Reese (being the obvious ROTY and all) is on there a lot without Clark.

June 23 – Indiana Fever @ Chicago Sky (ESPN)2.302 million
June 16 – Chicago Sky @ Indiana Fever (CBS)2.25 million
May 14 – Indiana Fever @ Connecticut Sun (ESPN2)2.12 million
June 30 – Indiana Fever @ Phoenic Mercury (ESPN)1.93 million
May 18- Indiana Fever @ New York Liberty (ABC)1.71 million
May 20 – Connecticut Sun @ Indiana Fever (ESPN)1.56 million
June 1- Chicago Sky vs Indiana Fever (ESPN)1.53 million
July 2 – Indiana Fever vs Las Vegas Aces (ESPN)1.45 million
May 18 – Los Angeles Sparks @ Las Vegas Aces (ABC)1.34 million
June 21 – Indiana Fever @ Atlanta Dream (ION)1.18 million
June 7 – Indiana Fever @ Washington Mystics (ION)1.023 million
June 8 – New York Liberty @ Connecticut Sun (ABC)962,000
May 24 – Indiana Fever @ Los Angeles Sparks (ION)724,000

Oh, what's that? Of the 13 most watched WNBA games, 11 of them are Fever games? The other two are Sparks vs Aces, and Aces vs Liberty. The only games the Sky are on here is if they're playing Clark.

• Love
Reactions: breeztheel
Here’s Reese still trying to score to get to double digits in a blowout loss and then pouting walking off the floor.

Great rebounder, terrible at shooting.

Im sorry it’s a reqlly bad product. It’s really, really shitty. As I said I decided to watch a few hours of games / lowlights and I’ll never get those back. There is zero, 0, comparison between Reese and Clark. I don’t know what we’re all even doing discussing it. Just go watch the games and if anyone still thinks Reese is remotely close to the talent of Clark you’re either lying or you can’t see the difference which means you’re stupid; to some degree at least. And I’d say the difference is well beyond the race they’re claiming exist for ROY. There is no race, if it’s close or Reese gets it, it’s simply because of something else entirely.

Good lord her double doubles are not even what I’d call real double doubles. Maybe something like
A category for put backs.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT