ADVERTISEMENT

Reece v/s Clark Part Two : POSITIVE Thread (Somebody had to do it)

Clark's game is different which is the only reason I care. I've always enjoyed watching the women's NCAA Final Four so I've seen all of the best players and teams. It's a bad sport for 95% of the time but then you get to see the best go at each other and it's at least entertaining to some degree.

Post players are not entertaining to watch in women's basketball. There have been really good ones like A'ja Wilson and Candace Parker and players like Taurasi, Bird, and Moore were solid. But I've never seen a woman be able to play like Clark with how she can transition, shoot quickly off the dribble and from long range. As you guys know, most women have this weird little pause and hop when they shoot from long range kind of like a middle school kid who doesn't have the strength yet.

This step back at :20 is impressive to me for women's basketball.

That b***** is ballin!!!!!

Reactions: Wonky
Reece is 2-6 on 3's this year. CC is 57-169 this year. I'm not sure how you can even try to compare their percentages. 🤷‍♂️
Somebodies reading comprehension needs some work. I CLEARLY stated that the %s was close but no way Reece was near as good of a shooter as Clark. I said Clark shoots high volume of 3's so the 3FG% was not really accurate. Maybe spend more time reading and less time trying to argue. Reece is not in the same category as Clark shooting, why you tried to spin my post is obvious of your intent.

BUT having explained all of that, 33% is not elite by any metric you want to use. She is a great shooter, just needs better shot selection.

Also, all the posters saying Reece scores on her on misses is why she lead the WNBA in rebounding is BS. But even saying that, 16 ppg v/s 14 ppg is a pretty slim margin when comparing a great shooter as opposed to a not great shooter. By most posters reasoning, you would think Clark averaged 10-12 more points per game than Reece.
I would vote Clark, but it is not a run away not even close situation. Damn, some of you can't even give Reece credit for leading the ENTIRE WNBA in rebounds. Nearly 12 rebounds a game is very good IDGAF how she gets them. By the way, she averages 7 defensive rebounds per game.

Everyone mentioning Clark's triple double, well Reece had a 17 point (8/15 FG), 14 rebound (10 defensive), 4 steals game yesterday. Not bad, but yeah, she is a scrub. What they didn't mention was Clark's 19 points came on 7/17 shooting, 3/12 from 3FG.

Last edited:
Reactions: nptb
Who gives a shit? This is women’s basketball you are talking about. No interest. I would rather watch a mongoose stalk and kill a black mamba than watch anything to do with women’s basketball. You really must be bored. No offense intended.
Ha Ha--You're like the guy that always hates on the white male that can hoop. i.e. Bobby Hurley, Aaron Craft, Marshall Henderson. People see a player and think I can do what they are doing if I wasn't held back. I'm sure many of the WNBA ladies could take you to the wood shed one on one.

I wonder how Clark's shooting numbers compare to other volume shooters as rookies. Seth, Trae, Ray, even Bird.

Somebodies reading comprehension needs some work. I CLEARLY stated that the %s was close but no way Reece was near as good of a shooter as Clark. I said Clark shoots high volume of 3's so the 3FG% was not really accurate. Maybe spend more time reading and less time trying to argue. Reece is not in the same category as Clark shooting, why you tried to spin my post is obvious of your intent.
No reading comprehension issues on my end. You’re the one that mentioned their three point percentages and conveniently failed to note the more important underlying stats. I’d say you could use a lesson in statistics.

Sure, Reece has had a great rookie season so far. However, do you think opposing teams game plan around her like they do CC? How has Reece made her team better this year? CC certainly seems to be helping to move the Fever in a positive direction.

This is dumb. Reece is not even remotely close to Clark for Roy. Yes even bringing up her 3p% is stupid because obvious reasons, it really shouldn’t even be listed for comparison. Nobody, no team, no coach, no organization is going to even come close to thinking about drafting Reece over Clark. The reasons are because Clark is real deal elite and Reece really isn’t. It’s not hard to understand but here we are.

Reece is better than I thought she’d be but she’s not in the same league as Clark and never will be. Played along with the thread but at this point really? It’s just not a comparison.

Last edited:
Clark's game is different which is the only reason I care. I've always enjoyed watching the women's NCAA Final Four so I've seen all of the best players and teams. It's a bad sport for 95% of the time but then you get to see the best go at each other and it's at least entertaining to some degree.

Post players are not entertaining to watch in women's basketball. There have been really good ones like A'ja Wilson and Candace Parker and players like Taurasi, Bird, and Moore were solid. But I've never seen a woman be able to play like Clark with how she can transition, shoot quickly off the dribble and from long range. As you guys know, most women have this weird little pause and hop when they shoot from long range kind of like a middle school kid who doesn't have the strength yet.

This step back at :20 is impressive to me for women's basketball.

Those passes are legit nice. Even compared to men’s basketball.

Athleticism is meh though.

Reese game is ugly but it’s a close race . Reese has been better than I thought . I didn’t think she would be able to bully her way to points .

I’d vote Clark though . Both of them will have very good careers considering they are starting out like this with pretty much no offseason

Agree except for close race. It’s not close at all, it would take something monumental for Reece to get POY. Shes in second but it’s a distant, distant second. It’s really no race at all.

Reece isn’t really all that good. Just a lot of put backs and she misses a ton of those. There’s no one in the WNBA in charge of making these decisions who would draft Reece over Clark if it were held today. I think that pretty much sums it up. Reece is really only known because of the manufactured” rivalry” with Clark. Clark is known for basketball.

Reece is a good player but she’s not great. Clark has the ability to be great at a very elite level.
Reece looks like every other forward that plays in the wnba. Clark moves like very few women have ever moved playing basketball

Clark is the needle mover and Clark is just growing Into the player she is still.. Clark will be the highest impact player shortly. Reece will be a top big her whole career . Can't go wrong on either. But I would bet Clark's Cheryl Miller/Leslie/Swoopes/Taurasi like Upside that imo Reese doesn't quite have.

For me it’s hard to compare a big and a guard. Clark’s turnover numbers really jump off the page. Averaging nearly 6 turnovers per game is not good.

I have minimal interest in the WNBA, but think both have a chance to be elite players at that level assuming they avoid injuries.

Clark is the needle mover and Clark is just growing Into the player she is still.. Clark will be the highest impact player shortly. Reece will be a top big her whole career . Can't go wrong on either. But I would bet Clark's Cheryl Miller/Leslie/Swoopes/Taurasi like Upside that imo Reese doesn't quite have.
Paige Bueckers is better than Clark. Her having two knee injuries opened up room for everyone to really pay attention to the other players around the country.

Somebody had to restoke the fire / debate. Several people has stated Reece was terrible (basketball talent). As a person, I agree. BUT rookie of the year is a LOT closer than some would think. And Ticket sales DOES NOT factor in this, who would you choose ?

Reece : 14 PPG / 11.7 RPG / 1.9 Assist / 1.4 steals / 1.8 TO's per game / 33.3% 3FG% / 41% FG%

Clark : 16 PPG / 5.7 RPG / 7.1 Assist / 1.3 steals / 5.6 TO"s per game / 33.7 3FG% / 49% FG%

Reece leads the WNBA in rebounds per game, not just rookies. Clark's 3FG% is on a lot more volume shooting so I am not even trying to say Reece is even close to on Clark's level shooting wise as the numbers suggest. 33.3 for Reece, 33.7 for Clark.

Take all of the politics, personalities, popularity, and ticket sales out, just basketball stats and impact on the overall game to be considered, I find it tough to pick a clear cut winner. Completely unbiased and going off in game ONLY.

Who you got ? Be HONEST and leave the BS out, keep it a basketball debate.
So typical to put up the stats and completely miss the point by a mile. This is a lazy approach to this decision. Clark is twice the player. It isn't close. She is the total focus of every lock down defender. Other teams plan their entire game plan around stopping her. Not to mention the extra motivation that goes with all the envy. Meanwhile Angle runs free and just hangs out in the paint.

But put all that aside. Let's talk about the real reason the ROTY is Clark. It is because she represents modern WNBA. Whereas Angle represents the layup league (yes she is very good in that role). But Clark plays like a man. She passes better than anyone I can think of in the NBA. Fans love her beause she is magical on the court. No woman has ever paled with this level of skill and precision. She makes you forget about the dunks. That is not even debatable. Go look up her assist highlight real on youtube.

Giving this award to Angle would be just hiding behind her double double stats and ignoring every thing else. Yes it is an amazing stat line but Clark is different. If Angle was the total focus of other teams her results would be very different.

So typical to put up the stats and completely miss the point by a mile. This is a lazy approach to this decision. Clark is twice the player. It isn't close. She is the total focus of every lock down defender. Other teams plan their entire game plan around stopping her. Not to mention the extra motivation that goes with all the envy. Meanwhile Angle runs free and just hangs out in the paint.

But put all that aside. Let's talk about the real reason the ROTY is Clark. It is because she represents modern WNBA. Whereas Angle represents the layup league (yes she is very good in that role). But Clark plays like a man. She passes better than anyone I can think of in the NBA. Fans love her beause she is magical on the court. No woman has ever paled with this level of skill and precision. She makes you forget about the dunks. That is not even debatable. Go look up her assist highlight real on youtube.

Giving this award to Angle would be just hiding behind her double double stats and ignoring every thing else. Yes it is an amazing stat line but Clark is different. If Angle was the total focus of other teams her results would be very different.
You aren't being serios I hope.

No reading comprehension issues on my end. You’re the one that mentioned their three point percentages and conveniently failed to note the more important underlying stats. I’d say you could use a lesson in statistics.

Sure, Reece has had a great rookie season so far. However, do you think opposing teams game plan around her like they do CC? How has Reece made her team better this year? CC certainly seems to be helping to move the Fever in a positive direction.
Man, can you not read ? I listed ALL stats, but put the disclaimer that Reece was not in Clark's league shooting. I simply said Clark's 3FG% is bad because of shot selection. You and Killswitch just have a thing personally against Reece, which she is a terrible person, but you are letting that cloud your judgement on her basketball talent. NOWHERE did I said Reece and Clark's shooting where equal.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Mike-D
Man, can you not read ? I listed ALL stats, but put the disclaimer that Reece was not in Clark's league shooting. I simply said Clark's 3FG% is bad because of shot selection. You and Killswitch just have a thing personally against Reece, which she is a terrible person, but you are letting that cloud your judgement on her basketball talent. NOWHERE did I said Reece and Clark's shooting where equal.
No, you didn't list ALL STATS. You listed the stats that you wanted to list, likely the ones you thought would best support your opinion. It's called confirmation bias. Why not include free throw percentage? What about blocks? Those are common stats too but were conveniently left off your list, likely because those stats don't help support the story you're trying to tell.

Speaking of reading comprehension, I clearly stated that Reece is having a great year. She'd likely be the leader for ROTY, if not for CC. However, you've now turned that into me having a personal thing against Reece and that I think she's a terrible person. Please point out where I've mentioned this.

Reactions: Killswitch24
For me it’s hard to compare a big and a guard. Clark’s turnover numbers really jump off the page. Averaging nearly 6 turnovers per game is not good.

I have minimal interest in the WNBA, but think both have a chance to be elite players at that level assuming they avoid injuries.
She has to cut down on turnovers but her usage is pretty high and her teammates seem to drop some easy passes a few times a game that counts as a turnover for her .

Last edited:
Somebody had to restoke the fire / debate. Several people has stated Reece was terrible (basketball talent). As a person, I agree. BUT rookie of the year is a LOT closer than some would think. And Ticket sales DOES NOT factor in this, who would you choose ?

Reece : 14 PPG / 11.7 RPG / 1.9 Assist / 1.4 steals / 1.8 TO's per game / 33.3% 3FG% / 41% FG%

Clark : 16 PPG / 5.7 RPG / 7.1 Assist / 1.3 steals / 5.6 TO"s per game / 33.7 3FG% / 49% FG%

Reece leads the WNBA in rebounds per game, not just rookies. Clark's 3FG% is on a lot more volume shooting so I am not even trying to say Reece is even close to on Clark's level shooting wise as the numbers suggest. 33.3 for Reece, 33.7 for Clark.

Take all of the politics, personalities, popularity, and ticket sales out, just basketball stats and impact on the overall game to be considered, I find it tough to pick a clear cut winner. Completely unbiased and going off in game ONLY.

Who you got ? Be HONEST and leave the BS out, keep it a basketball debate.
How is Clarks shooting percentage so much higher as a guard? LOL I know why.

Reactions: HeismaNole
She has to cut down in turnovers but her usage is pretty high and her teammates seem to drop some easy passes a few times a game that counts as a turnover for her .
I agree, she does need to reduce her turnovers. I’ve watched most of her games and there are typically a couple every game that seem to be more the fault of her team mates. However, she sometimes tries to force things too much. Those are the TO’s she has control over and needs to minimize. She rarely comes out of the game to rest so fatigue may be a factor too.

Clark deserves it. The only reason the WNBA is taking off is because of her. In fact, Reese would not be a household name if not for her rivalry with Clark in college basketball.

You give the rookie of the year to the player who put the WNBA on the map. Clark should, and will, win it.
You know what’s crazy? Reese fans claiming Reese made Clark which is not remotely true at all. It’s the opposite.

Clark was dropping 30-40 a game in that tournament. The ratings against Louisville and SC in the semis were breaking records. LSU vs Va Tech wasn’t doing that. None of the LSU games were doing that. Reese chasing Clark is what made her get more coverage outside of social media.

Look at the top 10 most watched women’s college basketball games this past season. 80% of them featured Clark. A game against a 16 seed was on the top 10 most watched games. 😂

Reese’s game is nothing special at all. Can’t shoot, can’t block, can’t pass, can’t dribble. She simply hangs out under the basket and gets rebounds.
I wonder how Clark's shooting numbers compare to other volume shooters as rookies. Seth, Trae, Ray, even Bird.

Trae
3 pt= 32%
overall = 41%

Curry (although his 3 point attempts didn't skyrocket until 2013)
3 pt = 43%
overall= 46%

Ray Allen (he wasn't originally a spot volume shooter like he was in his later years)
3 pt= 39%
overall= 43%

Clark
3 pt= 33%
Overall= 39%

The most field goals Clark has taken in a game this season is 17. She hasn't taken more than 14 shots in a month.

Reactions: hmt5000
I agree, she does need to reduce her turnovers. I’ve watched most of her games and there are typically a couple every game that seem to be more the fault of her team mates. However, she sometimes tries to force things too much. Those are the TO’s she has control over and needs to minimize. She rarely comes out of the game to rest so fatigue may be a factor too.
Yeah, at least twice a game, her teammates bobble a great pass for a turnover.

Reactions: UK_fanatic
Reece isn’t really all that good. Just a lot of put backs and she misses a ton of those. There’s no one in the WNBA in charge of making these decisions who would draft Reece over Clark if it were held today. I think that pretty much sums it up. Reece is really only known because of the manufactured” rivalry” with Clark. Clark is known for basketball.

Reece is a good player but she’s not great. Clark has the ability to be great at a very elite level.
A lot of put backs is more valuable than you're letting on. She must be a good rebounder, a put back counts 2 points, a 15 ft jumper or a crossover to beat it man...woman counts 2 points. We need more evidence that Reece is no good

Still hard for me to believe the women don’t want their goal lowered to around 9 feet. They want a smaller ball, shorter 3 point line, shorter everything but get easily triggered when the NBA players suggest a lowered goal. Being able to display athleticism is what’s really stopping the league from performing. People would like it a lot more if the goal was lowered. It would probably begin to turn a profit, but the woman say no, but pay us for a bad product anyway. It’s just sad that the only ones stopping the league from being popular and profitable are the players themselves.
Why are the rules left up to the players?

No, you didn't list ALL STATS. You listed the stats that you wanted to list, likely the ones you thought would best support your opinion. It's called confirmation bias. Why not include free throw percentage? What about blocks? Those are common stats too but were conveniently left off your list, likely because those stats don't help support the story you're trying to tell.

Speaking of reading comprehension, I clearly stated that Reece is having a great year. She'd likely be the leader for ROTY, if not for CC. However, you've now turned that into me having a personal thing against Reece and that I think she's a terrible person. Please point out where I've mentioned this.
Go back and read the original post of mine that started the thread. Read it ALL.

Also, I listed PPG / RPG/ APG / Steals per game / TO's per game / shooting %'s. What other stats are there to list ? If I missed any, please correct me. Read the part about Clark being the lot better shooter.

Anyway, last post from me, I do not have the time or energy to keep going back and forth with you and the other poster. I said "KEEP IT POSITIVE", well that didn't last long. Both are very good, and I even said I vote for Clark.

A lot of put backs is more valuable than you're letting on. She must be a good rebounder, a put back counts 2 points, a 15 ft jumper or a crossover to beat it man...woman counts 2 points. We need more evidence that Reece is no good
Cardoso being on that team is a huge reason why Reese is thriving due to what Cardoso commands from the defense.

Reactions: JC CATS
Also, I listed PPG / RPG/ APG / Steals per game / TO's per game / shooting %'s. What other stats are there to list ? If I missed any, please correct me. Read the part about Clark being the lot better shooter.
The poster you replied to specifically said, "Why not include free throw percentage? What about blocks?" as stats that you missed.

Paige Bueckers is better than Clark. Her having two knee injuries opened up room for everyone to really pay attention to the other players around the country.
You may be right but I will say in 3 years Clark is hands down biggest impact player in wnba.

Clark doesn’t really have that big of a turnover problem. I was just looking at some of her turnovers, many of them aren’t even her fault and she’s got the ball in her hands so much that turnovers are going to happen. Think John Wall in ‘10. And like I said there’s nothing she can do when she’s given a turnover because a teammate can’t catch the ball.

He strikes me as the type of guy that watches a segment or reads some small article and begins to believe he’s an expert. Which happens to many and it seems to be the case here.

There is no comparison between Clark and Reece. I don’t care about women’s basketball if I didn’t clearly see that’s the case I wouldn’t say it. It’s just so obvious it’s hard to believe he started this thread thinking he had a point that Reece and Clark are that close. If the draft were held today, ZERO teams would draft Reece over Clark. That tells you that it’s not close, lol, but I guess they hate Reece too.

Clark reminds me of Clemmette Haskins from WKU. They play very similar games. Even watching Clemmette in high school you could see she could beat a lot of boys one on one. Too bad she came along about 35 years too soon.

Clark deserves it. The only reason the WNBA is taking off is because of her. In fact, Reese would not be a household name if not for her rivalry with Clark in college basketball.

You give the rookie of the year to the player who put the WNBA on the map. Clark should, and will, win it.

All things that have never been taken into account for a Rookie of the Year Award ever.

So Clark doesn't benefit from having Boston and Mitchell on her team, the reigning rookie of the year and an all star?
Who is guarding Boston that would guard Clark? That’s not a comparison to what I said.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT