ADVERTISEMENT

Redskins

maroon79

Junior
Gold Member
Oct 24, 2021
Has anyone else seen the article on how Native Americans want the Redskins to return to their correct name and not the one they are currently using?

Saw a poll several years ago that shows that well over 90% of native- Americans said that they couldn't care less that the Washington football team was called the Redskins. But of coarse we've got those on the political left in our country that feels like that they are so intellectually superior to minority groups that they have to look out for them.

Has anyone else seen the article on how Native Americans want the Redskins to return to their correct name and not the one they are currently using?
I always thought Washington should have put a redskin potato logo on their helmets and kept the name redskins.

• Haha
Reactions: barbourfor3
I'm pretty convinced that this whole situation was manufactured entirely to harass Dan Snyder into selling the team. He's one of the worst and most despised owners in American sports history, and the other owners want him gone badly.

Dan Snyder and the Commanders: A timeline of dysfunction and scandal

Why Dan Snyder is in trouble with the NFL, and why it’s hard for his fellow owners to kick him out

Timeline of Commanders’ recent tumult under owner Dan Snyder
Yeah, I’ve never been a Redskin fan even before Snyder’s tenure, but he is definitely a case study in how to run an NFL franchise into the ground.

I'm going to continue calling them what I've always called them.

The Washington Foreskins.
Been calling them that since I started following the NFL in the 60's. I had a coworker who along with one of his buddies, had Foreskins season tickets. For home games, they'd leave Kingsport, TN around 3-4 AM on Sunday for a 1 PM game to get there and tailgate, and drive back after the game, looking like a zombie the next day at work. If it was a 4:30 game or SNF, they'd spend the night, and if they were playing an away game within a 10 hour or so driving distance, they'd hit those games up as well. Those dudes were dedicated.

Last edited:
Reactions: LineSkiCat14
I still, and will always, call them the Redskins.
I have a friend from the Army (DI's together) who is a Chocktaw Indian (his words) and is an honor guard for the Chocktaw Nation in Oklahoma who says he we call them nothing other than the Washington Redskins. He says that his family and others he knows don't pander to the social justice labeling of their people.

Steeler fan here

Once I learned about George Allen - I gained an immense respect for that era of Wash-Football

I've heard he was the first to deploy the nickel defense
First to designate special teams coaches
And I think he never had a losing season

In the early 90s he came out of retirement to coach a small California college - forget the name - MAY have been their first team?

Finished with a winning record there too

As I understand it though - he was blackballed by NFL owners from coaching again after Washington - he openly criticized owners for holding back on investing in facilities and amenities - and harshly

Dude was pretty darn cool/innovative for such a quirky personality
Weirdly superstitious too

And obsessed with football

I THINK he was the first assistant coach to ever receive a coach of the yeqr award too (Chicago? Defensive coordinator prior to the Rams gig?)

Too late. Earliest memories of live were Redskins games. They will forever be my least favorite team in any sport. F them. F the horse they rode in on. F the people that still support them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT