ADVERTISEMENT

Reds

Need to get rid of Justin Wilson's sorry ass immediately. I knew as soon as he stepped on the mound to start the bottom of the 10th this one was over. Reds hitters strike out 15 times tonight. Genius decision by Bell to make it a bullpen game using up the relievers and save the worst pitcher on the roster for a high-leverage situation.

Last edited:
Junis was sharp today. 5 scoreless, 1 hit & 1 BB. Doesn't look like the Reds offense is going to do them any favors in this one barring a comeback. Hope they can find a way to bring back Junis next year and be a rubber arm out of the bullpen. Give them a spot start like he is doing now. Greene, Lowder, Abbott, Williamson, Lodolo, Aguiar, Ashcraft all are rotation options next year. Could see Petty or Burns late next year if they have good seasons and the rotation suffers injuries. Martinez out of the bullpen has done well this year. Imagine both Junis & Martinez in these roles with a healthy rotation. Would really have a lasting impact throughout the season keeping the other relievers from getting burned out so long as those two are stretched out as starters in the Spring. Get hitters like McLain & CES back, 2025 will hopefully be a much better season.

Martinez was dealing last night. 7 scoreless frames, 2 hits, 1 walk. Ty France drove in the only run of the game. My opinion of him on this Reds team has certainly changed since he first got to Cincinnati. 2 hits for him, Rosario & Fraley which proved to be enough for the W.

Steer leading off in India's absence was a mystery to me. Not an effective lineup going forward, and just did enough to win thanks to Nick Martinez.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT