ADVERTISEMENT

Reds

Braves got a steal with Cam Caminiti. White Sox with Hunter Harvey. Like the Royals pick with the two-way player Jac Caglianone. Sitting 7 games above .500 right now. If he pans out, that would be huge for them. Good pick for the Reds with Burns but hoping they get some outfield and catching depth.

Will the Reds be buyers or sellers or stand pat? My guess is they try to do something minor just to say they tried but won’t blow up the team.

Will the Reds be buyers or sellers or stand pat? My guess is they try to do something minor just to say they tried but won’t blow up the team.
Have to think this will be the case. Any moves won't be earth shattering. Thinking they just try to finish this season on a high note and hope they can squeak into a wildcard spot, but hope they come back with all their injured pieces back in place next year.

Yeah, right, this is the Reds Front Office we're talking about right? and getting back all the injured pieces just means there will be a new slew of injuries next year that once again derails things.

SS is a common position as it usually draws the best athlete, doesn't mean a guy sticks there at the pro level. This player will likely end up in the OF, probably LF.
I know how it works but you need an organization to commit to position versatility early in the process instead of sticking their head in the sand and waiting until they reach the MLB level. Usually this means sliding over to 3B lol in Reds terms and wait until MLB to move a Barrero, steer or Senzel from the infield to the outfield. Last year's young SS Stafura taken in the same round has yet to play any position but SS. A handful of games for SS Arroyo at 2B, same with Balcazar, Acosta, Pitelli and Cabrera. Only Carlos Jorge has made a drastic change shifting from 2B to the CF which is not very proactive for an organization without a clear spot right now in the infield for anyone else. Reds need to start trading some of these guys instead of hoarding so many infielders. Something Krall and company have yet to show they are willing to do.

Last edited:
Your guess is the correct assumption. When is the last time the Reds made a major deadline splash to change the fortune of their season? The Bauer trade is the last big one for a star pitcher who at the time no one else wanted his antics so Cincinnati traded one head case in Puig for another who brought them a Cy Young. Would be surprised if their approach expands beyond the Austin Slater trade, a bullpen arm and wait for players to get healthy. 1st place in the Central on August 1st, only traded for Moll last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT