ADVERTISEMENT

Reds

You don't work thru issues at this level and waste a spot in the lineup if you are pretending to be a contender.

*unless you have the ignorance of David Bell.
I can see what you are saying regarding Elly but he is currently our best SS that is healthy.
He has moved him down in the lineup from 2nd which had to happen but he is still striking out so much it is hurting the team. 12K's in 24 AB's is awful.

I think you move him down to eighth in the lineup moving Steer up to 2nd in the order.

* I do agree though Bell is one of the worst managers in baseball.

Sometimes I wonder if he’s not too tall and lanky for the position. Seems his build, speed and range would be better suited as a centerfielder.
I have said this for years. Even as others here mocked the idea. When De La Cruz was first coming up through the Reds system, said with his speed, arm plus the infield depth when healthy and in the pipeline that a move to the OF would solve a lot of problems and allow the Reds to put their best lineup forward. Hell, even RF would be a fit with his cannon of an arm overthrowing 1B routinely.

Reactions: The-Hack
I have said this for years. Even as others here mocked the idea. When De La Cruz was first coming up through the Reds system, said with his speed, arm plus the infield depth when healthy and in the pipeline that a move to the OF would solve a lot of problems and allow the Reds to put their best lineup forward. Hell, even RF would be a fit with his cannon of an arm overthrowing 1B routinely.
Might happen when McLain healthy - and Cruz gets his K percentage below its current .500.

EDLC is making a lot of errors, 4 already, needs to field better

Needs to field better and learn to hit....but I guess you can do that at the MLB level if you play for the Reds. Any other organization he would have been sent down last summer.

McClain and Arroyo out for likely the season. Marte out 80 games. Who takes his place in the field?

McClain and Arroyo out for likely the season. Marte out 80 games. Who takes his place in the field?
It's the veteran Jeimer Candelario at 3rd and India will stay at 2nd. That has been known for a while. Candelario may not have gotten out to a fast enough start but his presence as a switch hitter is primarily why he was brought in.

Simple cannot afford to lose a home series to the Mets as one of the worst teams in the National League who had the lowest batting average in franchise history to start a season. This is one of the series at the end of the year you look back on and wish you had won much like the Nationals series late last year. Inexcusable.

It's the veteran Jeimer Candelario at 3rd and India will stay at 2nd. That has been known for a while. Candelario may not have gotten out to a fast enough start but his presence as a switch hitter is primarily why he was brought in.
Ok that’s 2B and 3B covered. My list wasn’t about those positions. Who mans SS if Coles dream comes true and they ship EDLC back to the minors.

Ok that’s 2B and 3B covered. My list wasn’t about those positions. Who mans SS if Coles dream comes true and they ship EDLC back to the minors.
Um Elly De La Cruz is not going anywhere and I listed 3B & 2B to further the point why EDLC is safe with the depth stretched thin. If for some reason EDLC gets hurt, Espinal was an All-Star SS just 2 years ago and Steer has played at least 49 games at every IF position. People need to get real and stop living in an alternate reality that EDLC is going to be replaced anytime soon with roughly 4 months at the MLB level.

Regardless of who thinks he should be out there or not, EDLC is going to get every opportunity to continue to develop at shortstop at the Major League level whether you or Cole like it or not. Can't play both sides of the fence here. You literally made the case the other day as to why he should stay up to adjust to major league pitching so why back track now so EDLC can piss in the wind at the minor league level proving nothing. Going to Louisville won't do him any better than playing winter ball last year has done him. It's a mental adjustment he is going to have to make to become a more patient hitter and the defensive errors going to have to learn to live with with McLain/Arroyo injured.

I'm confused as to why not even 2 full weeks into the season that there is any question about dumping anyone this soon. Plenty of stars across the league have gotten off to slow starts as the weather warms up, just look at Kris Bryant and their top young star Nolan Jones. This is nothing new. It's funny because you were one of them who scoffed at the idea of EDLC being an outfielder someday when I mentioned it in the past and now all of a sudden it's a great idea...

Last edited:
I think you mistake me for agreeing with Cole. I don’t. He’s the one with the EDLC beef and proceeds to make us aware of it with every post. I agree with everything you said. I know good and well EDLC isn’t going anywhere.

My thoughts too when I saw that. Very sad.
It is unfortunate he can't catch a break. Hope Sam Moll will be back soon. Saw where he is on a rehab assignment. Still can't believe how dominant he was in 25 games with only 2 runs allowed in 25 games coming over from Oakland. Need him back so much.

I think Tejay knew it was bad and based on the emotions Jim Day said he showed as he dropped to his knees when he entered the clubhouse I think he knows that was probably his last pitch. Gotta feel for the guy. He worked his ass off to get back.

Cole got anything to bitch about EDLC tonight?

Hint. He’s showing exactly why he’s not going anywhere and exactly why they’ll let him learn at the big league level.

Reactions: MdWIldcat55
This upcoming start for Nick Martinez will be huge if he wants to stay in the starting rotation. He has been the shakiest through the first 2 games. Wonder if Bell will go with a 6-man rotation?

I don't know where I read it but they are going to a six man rotation in the interim.

Last night gave you the whole Reds experience. Poor again with RISP, prior to the 6 run inning Ashcraft was brutally efficient and downright dominant with a 100 mph cutter that made Chourio look 10 instead of 20, then gave up 8 hits and 5 earned after getting staked to the big lead. Great play by Fairchild, bad by Ashcraft. ELDC giving you the whole highlight reel at the plate and on the bases. Encarnacion-Strand and Candelario still struggle and hit the ball hard right at people.

This upcoming start for Nick Martinez will be huge if he wants to stay in the starting rotation. He has been the shakiest through the first 2 games. Wonder if Bell will go with a 6-man rotation?
Well Lodolo is hopefully about to make a return. Martinez can easily shift to the pen.

Edit. The tweet wasn’t showing up when I made this reply.

I don't know where I read it but they are going to a six man rotation in the interim.

Last night gave you the whole Reds experience. Poor again with RISP, prior to the 6 run inning Ashcraft was brutally efficient and downright dominant with a 100 mph cutter that made Chourio look 10 instead of 20, then gave up 8 hits and 5 earned after getting staked to the big lead. Great play by Fairchild, bad by Ashcraft. ELDC giving you the whole highlight reel at the plate and on the bases. Encarnacion-Strand and Candelario still struggle and hit the ball hard right at people.
I think it has to do with how the days off lay out for the short term as to why they’ll go six man.

One problem with the silly idea of EDLC back to the minors is that he has the highest BA of any Reds infielder at the moment. India hitting around .240, CES looks TERRIBLE so far (and I was high on him going into the season) and Candelario has been a bust so far (early yet, I understand). Obviously, they really have no choice with McLain and Marte out.

I am really uncomfortable with Diaz as closer. It is a 100% guarantee that he will walk someone in every appearance, and last night he threw in a HBP for good measure along with the standard BB. Bell really needs to think about someone else, Cruz maybe??

Listening to Antone on the pregame, sounds like he still wants to give it another go. Will be a tough uphill battle. Wish him all the best. Surgery Friday. Carson Spiers up with the Reds now.

Listening to Antone on the pregame, sounds like he still wants to give it another go. Will be a tough uphill battle. Wish him all the best. Surgery Friday. Carson Spiers up with the Reds now.
Great guy but I hope he reconsiders his path forward; the man is going to have a right arm stitched together with goo. I have never heard of three elbow injuries and a comeback the magnitude of what he seems to be praying for.

Hunter Greene is the most frustrating damn player on this team. He got paid to be the ace of this staff and he is too inconsistent especially with the talented young pitchers to come in this organization. You never know what you are going to get with him. It's year 3, it's time to shit or get off the pot. Done making any excuses. Once you get paid, those go out the window.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT