ADVERTISEMENT

Reds “Punisher” homers in 3 straight innings!

HerrosHeroes

All-American
Aug 16, 2018
Has that ever happened in mlb history much less Reds history?

Dude has 7 homers in his first 9 1/2 games.

Has that ever happened before!?

Oh and the Reds are up 9 zip on the Lovable Losers in the 5th.

Reds will be 10-4 their last 14 games in about an hour or so.

Oh and the Reds ace goes tomorrow v a washed up Lester.

Whose with me!!!! ????

Lets Gooooooooooo!!!!

Whose with me!!!! ????

Lets Gooooooooooo!!!!
Sounds great. How do they stand for a playoff spot?

god, Reds fans are becoming incorrigible. You're seven games back in the Div, and below .500. Didn't see this kinda post when the Cubs won 12-5 the other night against the mighty Reds with player position guys pitching, non-catchers catching, and guys switch hitting for fun. Pump your breaks. Cubs aces have had historically bad (actually historically bad) outings, and you're acting like the Reds are in WS contention all the sudden.

god, Reds fans are becoming incorrigible. You're seven games back in the Div, and below .500. Didn't see this kinda post when the Cubs won 12-5 the other night against the mighty Reds with player position guys pitching, non-catchers catching, and guys switch hitting for fun. Pump your breaks.

Pump your breaks...assuming you are a Cubs fan. This Reds team is very similar to your beloved Cubbies several years ago.

Not to mention Aquino's achievement is historical.

And the pansies just walked him on 4 straight pitches...lol.

Pump your breaks...assuming you are a Cubs fan. This Reds team is very similar to your beloved Cubbies several years ago.

Not to mention Aquino's achievement is historical.
Why should we pump the breaks? We've been in 1st 95% of the year. Have the Reds even been above .500 this year?

Whose with me!!!! ????

Lets Gooooooooooo!!!!

Tied the modern record for most HR in first 10 games. First rookie to ever hit 3 hr in consecutive innings.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
god, Reds fans are becoming incorrigible. You're seven games back in the Div, and below .500. Didn't see this kinda post when the Cubs won 12-5 the other night against the mighty Reds with player position guys pitching, non-catchers catching, and guys switch hitting for fun. Pump your breaks. Cubs aces have had historically bad (actually historically bad) outings, and you're acting like the Reds are in WS contention all the sudden.
4.5 out in 2nd WC bub.
Phillies lost and Cards are in a tight one.
Get used to it if your in the tristate area because the Reds rotation is legit!
A win tomorrow and Chicago’s lead over the Red Hot Reds is down to 5 with still 46 big uns to go!
Dont get Punished!!!

Why should we pump the breaks? We've been in 1st 95% of the year. Have the Reds even been above .500 this year?

Nope. Reds are about to be 9-6 against Cubs this year. Should also consider this team is on the rise. Future looks VERY promising.

4.5 out in 2nd WC bub.
Get used to it if your in the tristate area because the Reds rotation in legit!
A win tomorrow and Chicago’s lead over the Red Hot Reds is down to 5 with still 46 big uns to go!
Dont get Punished!!!

Just enough time for some Marty magic. Win it for Marty B!

Reactions: CB3UK and jrpross
Nope. Reds are about to be 9-6 against Cubs this year. Should also consider this team is on the rise. Future looks VERY promising.
You're below .500. Without a winning record against any Div in the NL or INT this year. Look celebrate Aquino all you want. It's cool. But he's done it against some very bad outings bu Cubs pitchers when nobody has any tape on the guy in the bigs. I'm all for being excited after anything promising, finally. But you aren't fast tracking cause you caught bad pitching in a couple historically bad nights. After tonight, the Cubs will still be in first, and the Reds will still be below .500.

Whose with me!!!! ????

Lets Gooooooooooo!!!!
Did they say earlier that he would be a free agent at end of the year? Or did I hear it wrong. They have had him for a long time in minor leagues.

4.5 out in 2nd WC bub.
Get used to it if your in the tristate area because the Reds rotation is legit!
Dont get Punished!!!

Yes, because that Cubs core is getting old fast. Most of them will be 30 soon. Guess our window is closed. All hail the might 4th place Reds.

Reactions: SemperFiCat
I didn't see this much whining when I posted about Bauer tossing 11Ks last night. Reds clearly getting under the skin of several nancies around here.

We're not dead yet, and we are looking to be even filthier next year.

Dirty Birds next week and Bucs weekend after.

This division isn't decided by a long shot.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
You're below .500. Without a winning record against any Div in the NL or INT this year. Look celebrate Aquino all you want. It's cool. But he's done it against some very bad outings bu Cubs pitchers when nobody has any tape on the guy in the bigs. I'm all for being excited after anything promising, finally. But you aren't fast tracking cause you caught bad pitching in a couple historically bad nights. After tonight, the Cubs will still be in first, and the Reds will still be below .500.

That's great man. Not worried about tonight or tomorrow or Monday. Worried about end of season and the direction of team.

Not sure how long you've followed baseball but the Cubs were pretty crappy about 5 years ago or so. Then they got Rizzo, Bryant, pitching, etc.

Reds have young pitching that is proven. Bauer and Gray are legit, Castillo may be Top 5-7 in all of baseball. Reds have guys like Senzel, Suarez, Winker, Ervin, Aquino, Van Meter, Peraza..all who are sub 30 and most in mid 20's. Not to mention a Top 10 farm system.

Just saying stuff flips quickly. Cubs were 73-89 in 2014 and won the Series 2 years later.

Reactions: CB3UK
That's great man. Not worried about tonight or tomorrow or Monday. Worried about end of season and the direction of team.

Not sure how long you've followed baseball but the Cubs were pretty crappy about 5 years ago or so. Then they got Rizzo, Bryant, pitching, etc.

Reds have young pitching that is proven. Bauer and Gray are legit, Castillo may be Top 5-7 in all of baseball. Reds have guys like Senzel, Suarez, Winker, Ervin, Aquino, Van Meter, Peraza..all who are sub 30 and most in mid 20's. Not to mention a Top 10 farm system.

Just saying stuff flips quickly. Cubs were 73-89 in 2014 and won the Series 2 years later.

I'm fairly new to baseball. Only been a Cubs fan since the early 80s. Still getting the hang of the 'hope and 'maybe next year thing'. Still new to me.

I'm fairly new to baseball. Only been a Cubs fan since the early 80s. Still getting the hang of the 'hope and 'maybe next year thing'. Still new to me.

Look man I sat at Wrigley in 2012 and watched the Reds sweep the Cubs as the Cubs lost 100 games that year. Reds may have been best team in baseball....choked in playoffs. 4 years later would you have guessed the Cubs would win the World Series?

No hard feelings but I'm not sure why you are bent out of shape about the Reds? I am not even a Cubs hater. Not on this board but in my personal life with real friends I've often brought up the Cubs rebuild as a similarity to what Reds have been doing.

Anyhow, I am not going to convince you of anything so I'll be done now, cheers.

Look man I sat at Wrigley in 2012 and watched the Reds sweep the Cubs as the Cubs lost 100 games that year. Reds may have been best team in baseball....choked in playoffs. 4 years later would you have guessed the Cubs would win the World Series?

No hard feelings but I'm not sure why you are bent out of shape about the Reds? I am not even a Cubs hater. Not on this board but in my personal life with real friends I've often brought up the Cubs rebuild as a similarity to what Reds have been doing.

Four years is a baseball franchise lifetime.

I'm certainly no Reds hater, at all. Only teams I don't like in the Div are the Cards and Brewers. Was always a Rose, Larkin, Davis and Sabo fan. Just being a fan telling another fan to pump the breaks when my squad is pitching like crap, and someone is planning WS parades. I really don't see any concrete similarities between the Cubs a few years ago, and the Reds right now. Now maybe we don't follow the either team as closely as we think, but I'm just not seeing it.

I can absolute stomach losing to the Reds a heck of a lot more than losing to the Cards or the Brewers.

Four years is a baseball franchise lifetime.

I'm certainly no Reds hater, at all. Only teams I don't like in the Div are the Cards and Brewers. Was always a Rose, Larkin, Davis and Sabo fan. Just being a fan telling another fan to pump the breaks when my squad is pitching like crap, and someone is planning WS parades. I really don't see any concrete similarities between the Cubs a few years ago, and the Reds right now. Now maybe we don't follow the either team as closely as we think, but I'm just not seeing it.
No one in this thread is planning Reds World Series parades for this year. If anyone outside of Houston and Los Angeles is doing so, they're fools./

The guy started 0 for 6. He's gone 13 for his last 22 with 7 homers 13 rbi.

As for the Reds Im happy with where we are after how the team started last year. This season, as of tonight, only 4 teams have given up less runs than the Reds. They would have to give up 333 runs over the last 47 games to match the dreadful 819 runs they allowed last year. Last year's team had an ERA of 4.63 vs so far this season an ERA of 4.07. As of right now they are projected to hit 79 wins- 12 more than last year. If Iglesias had pitched better earlier this year the Reds would be in the thick of it in the division. I'll take that.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
Actually kwilt one other player had hit 7 homers in his first ten games. I could really use some of your sunshine after the shit show that occurred today

Aristides Aquino becomes the first player in MLB history to hit 8 home runs in the first 12 games of his career.

Give me all of Brennaman's tears.

This clip didn't capture it, but in others you can hear him break his pencil after the first "unbelievable."

I for one am very impressed with the Reds. They will be a factor in the division next year.

The Cubs have about $60M coming off of the books next year.

Should be enough to buy a couple of relievers and hopefully a lead off man, for once.

Aquiiiiiiiiinoooooooooooooooooo

2nd fastest player to 11 Hrs in MLb history. Only 2 PAs behind Mike Schmidt, and several in front of Pujols, ARod etc.

This guy is going to be the new face of the franchise as Votto enters his twilight.

Great, great career start, but long way to being face for next several years.

Whose with me!!!! ????

Lets Gooooooooooo!!!!
Looks like the Reds punisher has shot his wad pretty quickly. He's had 9 hits in his last 60 at bats. That's a .150 Batting Average.

Probably time to make some adjustments.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT