ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Analyst changes forecast from FL to KY for Scottie Lewis

He's gotta be taller than 6'-4". Either that, or he has the longest arms ever. Some of his dunks, where he spins and dunks it coming under the basket is amazing that

Reactions: Col. Angus
Would not surprise me to see some others do the same. He's probably piggy backing but who knows.

Still think Lewis ends up at UK though :)

I feel good about him here too, once he said those quotes about knowing Coach Cal could take take him to the next level offensively and how that was the next step in his progression i figured it would end well for us.

I loved the way Hami played the game i just hope if Lewis does come here he can dribble better than Hami. Hami dribbled way to high which led to turnovers.

If Scottie Lewis had Monk, and more so Lamb's shooting ability, he'd probably be a top5 recruit.

I'd argue top 3. The kids every bit of 6'5 with what looks like a 7'0 wingspan and a minimum of 40" vertical. If he could shoot anything like Lamb/Monk he'd be unstoppable. Look what Monk did at 6'2? Now put him, with those hops and scoring ability, into SGA's body. That's what Lewis would be. Best thing is, the shooting is much easier to fix than it is to grow/jump higher. Lewis could turn into a true weapon at UK and I hope he realizes that.

I'd argue top 3. The kids every bit of 6'5 with what looks like a 7'0 wingspan and a minimum of 40" vertical. If he could shoot anything like Lamb/Monk he'd be unstoppable. Look what Monk did at 6'2? Now put him, with those hops and scoring ability, into SGA's body. That's what Lewis would be. Best thing is, the shooting is much easier to fix than it is to grow/jump higher. Lewis could turn into a true weapon at UK and I hope he realizes that.

I was actually debating that: would Doron Lamb's shooting stroke make Lewis a top3 pick? Maybe even the #1? Wiseman isn't a bad #1 recruit, but not sure he'd rank very high of the last 10 #1's.

Lewis would be a poor man's Kobe Bryant.. which wouldn't be a bad thing at all.

I was actually debating that: would Doron Lamb's shooting stroke make Lewis a top3 pick? Maybe even the #1? Wiseman isn't a bad #1 recruit, but not sure he'd rank very high of the last 10 #1's.

Lewis would be a poor man's Kobe Bryant.. which wouldn't be a bad thing at all.

If Austin Rivers could be the number 1 recruit on Rivals with Anthony Mother-effing Davis has the number 2 recruit as a 6'3 average athlete with shifty skills that are more useful in streetball than real basketball, then yes, Lewis could fight for number 1.

In that same class, Bradley Beal was the 4th and Teague was player number 5. Shabazz Muhammad was the number 1 player the next year as a 6'6 SG.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
If Kentucky lands another 5* or two this early.. you're going to start seeing some articles circulating about Cal (and Coach K, and everyone else).

Calipari locking up a team a year in advanced is bad news for everyone else.
Cause that gives him the Spring to be working on the next class.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT