ADVERTISEMENT

Recommended hotels for football games?

TheBigBlueSpectacle

All-American
Gold Member
Sep 27, 2015
Will be at the SC game which is 3:30

Better to stay close to the stadium or more downtown? We may still need to go out to dinner that night so open to specific hotels and restaurant recommendations. I can usually figure out something but if anyone has found perfection I’m always up to advice

I’m close to Lexington, and never need accommodations, but both the Blue crowd and visitors seem to enjoy the Hilton, downtown.

The UK QB Club meets there on Friday evenings prior to games, and the team and coaches spend Friday nights at the Hilton.

As you can then imagine, Friday evenings are a very footballish crowd, with lots of opportunities to meet fans of both teams, and even brief run-ins with Coaches and players.

The staff all wear matching Kentucky shirts, and the Blue Martini Bar has decent food, though just a tad pricey.

After the game, perhaps the most popular destination is Malone’s on Tates Creek. Again, a football type crowd with chance run-ins with players and their families, program sponsors and even assistant coaches. Malone’s is on the higher end of the price scale, but high quality.

Nicholasville Road, to the South of the stadium, has about every option for food known to man, ranging from fast food, to pricey places, like J. Alexander’s at Fritz Farm at the intersection of Nicholasville Road and Man O’ War.

Reactions: TheBigBlueSpectacle
Before we moved here full time, we’d usually stay at Campbell House (Hilton property) - good rates, nice restaurant and rooms. Walkable to stadium (~40 mins taking a slow walk) and is safe walking to and from the game.

I'd definitely stay downtown. Easy to get shuttles to the stadium, and many more food and entertainment options when you're not at the game.

21C hotel, the Manchester, and the Marriott are the best options.

I'd definitely stay downtown. Easy to get shuttles to the stadium, and many more food and entertainment options when you're not at the game.

21C hotel, the Manchester, and the Marriott are the best options.
I ended up grabbing the 21C. Is parking just a nearby garage?

For pure convenience, the holiday inn express on Virginia Ave. It’s right next to KSBar, multiple other restaurants, and the shuttles to the stadium. Not fancy though, and you’ll probably want to take a short Uber downtown (about 2 miles).

I ended up grabbing the 21C. Is parking just a nearby garage?
Valet, street, or multiple garages/lots around. No street parking fees on weekends or after 7 on weekdays. So if you snagged a spot Friday night, you’re good for the weekend.

21C is super nice, very artsy. No pool if you have kiddos, not that kind of place. They will let well behaved kids bring up a $5000 plastic penguin statue to the room though lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT