ADVERTISEMENT

Really shocked that Jacob and Jerod Smith….

HYTCHYE ISLAND

Blue Chip Prospect
Jan 7, 2013
Haven’t had an impact this year. I’m more than happy with the way our defense has been performing but I truly thought these 2 were gonna be impact players from jump? Anyone heard anything on our higher rated freshman and their progress? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: mattrudd
Haven’t had an impact this year. I’m more than happy with the way our defense has been performing but I truly thought these 2 were gonna be impact players from jump? Anyone heard anything on our higher rated freshman and their progress? Thanks in advance!

I think they are everything they were cracked up to be, but our roster is much different than it was in the days when a Dennis Johnson could come in as a Frosh and play big minutes.

On defense, we now have more
Former 4 Star players than we can play at once, and the brothers are two of them. I thought Brian Robinson would play a lot this year, but Walker seldom leaves the field.

100%

Who are they going to get snaps from?

Rybka?

I think they are everything they were cracked up to be, but our roster is much different than it was in the days when a Dennis Johnson could come in as a Frosh and play big minutes.

On defense, we now have more
Former 4 Star players than we can play at once, and the brothers are two of them. I thought Brian Robinson would play a lot this year, but Walker seldom leaves the field.
Great points! Appreciate everyone’s feedback and admittedly I expected too much from these young men. Here’s to hoping they continue to train and become the beasts we know they can be!!!

The better we get as a program the less likely it will be for freshman to have early contributions. That's a good thing. I think the smiths and Robinson have the right mindset to attack the offseason and take over those spots next year.

We have plenty of freshman playing and contributing. It’s just different ones then we expected for the most part

I would stop going into the season expecting big contributions from incoming freshmen, especially on defense. This is a good problem.
At the level we are playing (and being competitive) you aren't going to see a lot of kids physically developed enough to help much at the line of scrimmage... linemen, running backs, linebackers, tight ends, let's say. All born to redshirt.

We have plenty of freshman playing and contributing. It’s just different ones then we expected for the most part
… and at positions we expected. DL was our most talented and deepest position coming into the year. There will be positions and snaps up for grab next year on the DL.

There very few teenagers that are mature enough in their freshmen year to compete with grown men that's been lifting in a strength and conditioning program fot multi years.

There very few teenagers that are mature enough in their freshmen year to compete with grown men that's been lifting in a strength and conditioning program fot multi years.
True that. 18 y/o going against 24 y/o generally doesn't end well for the 18 y/o.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT