ADVERTISEMENT

Real talk, I’m tired of beating around the bush

Chaos. It's nothing that teams don't deal with time to time but it's become the NORM in Lexington and it's tired, draining, and Cal doesn't have guys buying in/fighting for his way of wanting to play. Some is jealousy. Some is panic-due to not playing to the level they wanted, fearing losing stock, etc..

"Free Big Z" was cute until he came in and showed he could really hoop--and then some people got in their feelings. It was quite obvious that if this ends as it's trending-the final 10 minutes of a game Kentucky was up nearly 30 and had 90 pts will be the moment you can signal as end of the Cal era. How ****ed up is that?

Post of the GOTT DAMN year.

Reactions: UKNothinButNet
Chaos. It's nothing that teams don't deal with time to time but it's become the NORM in Lexington and it's tired, draining, and Cal doesn't have guys buying in/fighting for his way of wanting to play. Some is jealousy. Some is panic-due to not playing to the level they wanted, fearing losing stock, etc..

"Free Big Z" was cute until he came in and showed he could really hoop--and then some people got in their feelings. It was quite obvious that if this ends as it's trending-the final 10 minutes of a game Kentucky was up nearly 30 and had 90 pts will be the moment you can signal as end of the Cal era. How ****ed up is that?
The 9 million dollar question is, are the right people getting tired of it yet. The posters here can understand the frustration but it’s gonna take bigger fish to change the course.

What's scary is I don't want Barnhart making the next Coaching decision whatsoever.

Yeah he wants Scott Drew… makes me want to puke. Oats is the obvious choice and not only are you getting a great coach but you’re sending Bama back to the cellar as well. But Barnhart is a complete idiot and cuck so it won’t happen.

Yeah he wants Scott Drew… makes me want to puke. Oats is the obvious choice and not only are you getting a great coach but you’re sending Bama back to the cellar as well. But Barnhart is a complete idiot and cuck so it won’t happen.
Drew is better than cal, that would be a upgrade

Reactions: KYExtemper
If you want the REAL TALK

1. Cal is in deep now. The support/good will is gone if this year's team doesn't figure it out. Barnhart is praying they get things right, but does it feel like it's going to? This feels more than ever like it's over.

2. Oats is going to be #1 choice for every job out there--Michigan (which I think Cal would take and WWW has ties to help him get but Oats has ties and is more attractive as a HC right now)

3. He can't use any school move as a threat. Nobody cares. When the fans don't give a ****--what ploy do you use to keep heat off? He's recruited well. But he's costing those guys games by not demanding more and letting them down with coaching errors he's consistently allowed to take place--end of Half/Game. A Coach loses more games then they help win due to simply not playing through your best players.

4. The Oats style of play in Kentucky would be able to recruit at same if not higher level--who wouldn't want to come play for a guy who is not only winning at Bama (FB School--sorry Bama fans but it's true just as this is a basketball school) and think of the success he's having at Bama in SEC (his lone Power 5 job). That would be a lethal combination.

Scary part is if it came down to Bama/UK--and I were Oats--I'd stay at Bama because of Greg Byrne and his superiority over Mitch Barnhart as an AD. It's not even close. Look what Byrne just did to replace the best college football coach ever? He was prepared and got it done in less than 3 days with a guy who is 114-12 as a HC and 25-3 with a National Championship game Appearance in his 2 yrs at Power Five level. He hired Oats to Tuscaloosa and then went out and got a guy who is easily a top 5 HC in College Football right now to replace the greatest to walk the sideline. Barnhart? He has a tickle fight with his HC and they piss on each other back and forth but both are praying for success to find it's way in '24 or they both may be looking for work.

They are all good kids, but both Bradshaw and Edwards being duds hurts Kentucky so much. Also cal refusing to mix defenses up when things are going bad is extremely annoying. I’ve watched this team every game and the sad part is when the game gets a little physical and somebody punches them in the mouth they buckle under pressure and only start fighting back when it’s far to late. I don’t trust Barnhart at all either
Kinda wonder who the butt hurt players are over Z, then. If it's not Edwards, gotta think some of the guys are starting shit in the locker room. This happens like every year, man.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23

1. Cal is in deep now. The support/good will is gone if this year's team doesn't figure it out. Barnhart is praying they get things right, but does it feel like it's going to? This feels more than ever like it's over.

2. Oats is going to be #1 choice for every job out there--Michigan (which I think Cal would take and WWW has ties to help him get but Oats has ties and is more attractive as a HC right now)

3. He can't use any school move as a threat. Nobody cares. When the fans don't give a ****--what ploy do you use to keep heat off? He's recruited well. But he's costing those guys games by not demanding more and letting them down with coaching errors he's consistently allowed to take place--end of Half/Game. A Coach loses more games then they help win due to simply not playing through your best players.

4. The Oats style of play in Kentucky would be able to recruit at same if not higher level--who wouldn't want to come play for a guy who is not only winning at Bama (FB School--sorry Bama fans but it's true just as this is a basketball school) and think of the success he's having at Bama in SEC (his lone Power 5 job). That would be a lethal combination.

Scary part is if it came down to Bama/UK--and I were Oats--I'd stay at Bama because of Greg Byrne and his superiority over Mitch Barnhart as an AD. It's not even close. Look what Byrne just did to replace the best college football coach ever? He was prepared and got it done in less than 3 days with a guy who is 114-12 as a HC and 25-3 with a National Championship game Appearance in his 2 yrs at Power Five level. He hired Oats to Tuscaloosa and then went out and got a guy who is easily a top 5 HC in College Football right now to replace the greatest to walk the sideline. Barnhart? He has a tickle fight with his HC and they piss on each other back and forth but both are praying for success to find it's way in '24 or they both may be looking for work.
That's depressing, lol. Plus, with Saban leaving, that'll free up some money for Bama to offer Oates a raise.

The 9 million dollar question is, are the right people getting tired of it yet. The posters here can understand the frustration but it’s gonna take bigger fish to change the course.
I think so. I won't watch another game until Cal is gone. Watched the Lakers-Knicks tonight. It's got nothing to do with losing as much as the BS off the court and having to guess who will/won't play. Why they aren't. Why this is happening EVERY YEAR. Big Z signing autographs and having an illness after he showed he's more than talented enough to help the team or at least get on the court....but he was "free" and now he's caged by his own Coach? WTF??

At some point it's draining. I've got enough stress/misery to deal with in life that my outlet doesn't need to annoy the piss out of me and just ruin my night. Teams beating your ass on the court happens and can be fixed by getting better or getting a new coach-but the constant chaos is just too much for me. I don't have time for it.

Looking forward to change whenever that happens but if I'm feeling this way, after hanging in there, have to believe big $ people are going insane and furious over this crap.

Last edited:

I think some egos got hurt when Z dropped 14 points. Mainly Mitchell.

Reactions: jedwar
That certainly seems to be the turning point.
There has to be some type of team turmoil going on here. Has to be. Mitchell sulking on the court, Z is suddenly sick yet again, DJ out, Dillingham sick, Edwards leg injury. Actually unreal.

I think some egos got hurt when Z dropped 14 points. Mainly Mitchell.

That certainly seems to be the turning point.
Not just Mitchell, but Bradshaw and Edwards also. Haven't you noticed how much more those 2 have played since that UGA game over Z. Bradshaw is no where near what he was built up to be. He is soft as crap, gives up offensive rebounds, has no hands and fouls too much. Go back and watch the UGA game to see the look on Bradshaw's face when Big Z comes to the bench after all of those 3's. He is NOT smiling and looks like he's pouting. Then you got Edwards that can't move, or get his own shot so he jacks up 3's, is also soft and on defense he gets ISO'd because he has NO lateral quickness or basketball IQ.

Big Z can rebound, blocks shots, can knock down 3's and can move for a guy his size.

So the KLUTCH guys won't send another kid here if Bradshaw and Edwards continue to flop and set on the bench. But at this point seems like EVERY Klutch kid Cal's taken has FLOPPED. So why does he care???? And why is he STILL recruiting them??!!!!

Reactions: RunninRichie
Not just Mitchell, but Bradshaw and Edwards also. Haven't you noticed how much more those 2 have played since that UGA game over Z. Bradshaw is no where near what he was built up to be. He is soft as crap, gives up offensive rebounds, has no hands and fouls too much. Go back and watch the UGA game to see the look on Bradshaw's face when Big Z comes to the bench after all of those 3's. He is NOT smiling and looks like he's pouting. Then you got Edwards that can't move or get his own shot so he jacks up 3's, then on defense he gets ISO'd because he has NO lateral quickness or basketball IQ.

Big Z can rebound, blocks shots, can knock down 3's and can move for a guy his size.

So the KLUTCH guys won't send another kid here if Bradshaw and Edwards continue to flop and set on the bench. But at this point seems like EVERY Klutch kid Cal's taken has FLOPPED. So why does he care???? And why is he STILL recruiting them??!!!!
There's DUMB and there's CALIPARI DUMB ... in a class of its own.

• Sad
Reactions: catben
Not just Mitchell, but Bradshaw and Edwards also. Haven't you noticed how much more those 2 have played since that UGA game over Z. Bradshaw is no where near what he was built up to be. He is soft as crap, gives up offensive rebounds, has no hands and fouls too much. Go back and watch the UGA game to see the look on Bradshaw's face when Big Z comes to the bench after all of those 3's. He is NOT smiling and looks like he's pouting. Then you got Edwards that can't move, or get his own shot so he jacks up 3's, is also soft and on defense he gets ISO'd because he has NO lateral quickness or basketball IQ.

So many questions. No answers. Bradshaw tried to act like he was happy for Z. But body language don’t lie.

Reactions: catben
So many questions. No answers. Bradshaw tried to act like he was happy for Z. But body language don’t lie.
I feel everyone's pain but I don't know about this. I read something a while back where he and Z are really good buddies. The way the whole team reacted when Z went off against UGA suggests this isn't the issue. Could it be the players are wondering why certain guys aren't playing? Could it be they see that their coach can't coach? I'm just throwing stuff against the wall.

I feel everyone's pain but I don't know about this. I read something a while back where he and Z are really good buddies. The way the whole team reacted when Z went off against UGA suggests this isn't the issue. Could it be the players are wondering why certain guys aren't playing? Could it be they see that their coach can't coach? I'm just throwing stuff against the wall.
I don’t know man. I am too. I believe Bradshaw is a good kid. But there’s just something going on here. Players randomly out sick. Now DJ has a famous late january ankle injury.

I don’t know man. I am too. I believe Bradshaw is a good kid. But there’s just something going on here. Players randomly out sick. Now DJ has a famous late january ankle injury.
All I know is is that I'm broken as a UK basketball fan. I just don't get into the games anymore like I used to. I just sit there and watch. My Wife, who is a UT fan, felt my pain. She didn't even rub it in. She kept asking tonight during the game, "are you feeling ok?" She knows.

We should make the tournament but it’s not guaranteed. Have to win some games this month. We have a good win - UNC. If we can manage to win at Vandy and LSU, beat Gonzaga and Bama at home, we’ll be comfortably in. Win at Auburn or at UT would lock us in. But this team seems capable of going to Nashville and losing Tuesday to a 6-win team and getting beat at home by the worst Gonzaga team in 2 decades on Saturday.

The biggest problem is with this is 2 weeks ago we were hoping to play for a 1-2 seed. Now we’re questioning making the tournament. We’ve lost 3 of 4 and struggled mightily in the 1 win against the third worst team in the league.

And, yes, defense IS a problem and the players seem to half ass on that end if the floor and the coach is too damn stubborn to change his defensive philosophy to mask his personnel’s glaring weaknesses. This team is worse defensively than Pitino’s Bombinos in 1990. At least they had an excuse.

All I know is is that I'm broken as a UK basketball fan. I just don't get into the games anymore like I used to. I just sit there and watch. My Wife, who is a UT fan, felt my pain. She didn't even rub it in. She kept asking tonight during the game, "are you feeling ok?" She knows.
i’m with you. my UT fan friends (I live in southern KY). Don’t even trash talk me anymore because they know I don’t react. And if I do I shit talk UK (mostly Cal never the actual program or anything like that) with them.

Reactions: BC_Wader
We should make the tournament but it’s not guaranteed. Have to win some games this month. We have a good win - UNC. If we can manage to win at Vandy and LSU, beat Gonzaga and Bama at home, we’ll be comfortably in. Win at Auburn or at UT would lock us in. But this team seems capable of going to Nashville and losing Tuesday to a 6-win team and getting beat at home by the worst Gonzaga team in 2 decades on Saturday.

The biggest problem is with this is 2 weeks ago we were hoping to play for a 1-2 seed. Now we’re questioning making the tournament. We’ve lost 3 of 4 and struggled mightily in the 1 win against the third worst team in the league.

And, yes, defense IS a problem and the players seem to half ass on that end if the floor and the coach is too damn stubborn to change his defensive philosophy to mask his personnel’s glaring weaknesses. This team is worse defensively than Pitino’s Bombinos in 1990. At least they had an excuse.
Pittinos Bombinos had two things we don't but DESPERATELY need. Coaching and heart, man. Heart! Sometimes heart can overcome bad coaching. When it doesn't it produces sulking and giving up on plays. We tried to play hard at the end. Maybe had we played that way, I don't know, the whole freaking game then maybe the outcome could've been different.

Why isn't Z pissed off?
Never seen a kid smiling on the bench after an ass kicking he didn't get to play in.
Understandable for a walk on but if you feel you could have made a difference and didn't get a chance.
Most kids would have pulled some Cam Fletcher shit after getting zero clock.

Doesn't make sense that big Z's debut could cause the collapse we've seen since Georgia. Although the injury/illness does make you wonder. Wagner's been out a couple games, Mitchell's been way off par. Reed's been struggling some. Bradshaw is Bradshaw. The high powered offense didn't click for a couple games, and the glaring defensive issues we've had all season showed up in an ugly way. Had to shake their confidence imo. Along with some poor coaching decisions.

Why isn't Z pissed off?
Never seen a kid smiling on the bench after an ass kicking he didn't get to play in.
Understandable for a walk on but if you feel you could have made a difference and didn't get a chance.
Most kids would have pulled some Cam Fletcher shit after getting zero clock.
Different cultures

Barney is terrible no doubt and is the cause of this mess. He has no business continuing to be AD he is low energy demotivator

I think so. I won't watch another game until Cal is gone. Watched the Lakers-Knicks tonight. It's got nothing to do with losing as much as the BS off the court and having to guess who will/won't play. Why they aren't. Why this is happening EVERY YEAR. Big Z signing autographs and having an illness after he showed he's more than talented enough to help the team or at least get on the court....but he was "free" and now he's caged by his own Coach? WTF??

At some point it's draining. I've got enough stress/misery to deal with in life that my outlet doesn't need to annoy the piss out of me and just ruin my night. Teams beating your ass on the court happens and can be fixed by getting better or getting a new coach-but the constant chaos is just too much for me. I don't have time for it.

Looking forward to change whenever that happens but if I'm feeling this way, after hanging in there, have to believe big $ people are going insane and furious over this crap.
Spot on feel same exact way

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT