ADVERTISEMENT

Raymond Cottrell Commits to Kentucky

Very solid pick-up. A true freshman this year, so not just a 1 year pick up out of the portal (hopefully).
Well he committed to Florida, flipped to Georgia, flipped again to A&M and entered the portal after 1 year so……But I’ve been told that he would have to sit out a season if transferred again.

1. I have to give Stoops credit...he keeps digging up talent to compete. Portal adds of Ray Davis, Silver was a good add that went largely unnoticed, Marques Cox, Raynor at LBer was a sweet small get at WLB, etc.

Vandegriff and now Cotrell...a pair of former 5 stars (even if they are a bit overrated).....nice adds to roster. Good job Stoops and Marrow.

2. My question is where do these dudes line up at UK.
- I'd argue we have a huge hole at slot WR more than anywhere and Cottrell isn't a slot to me.

Is this how the roster is panning out?
X - Cottrell and Dane
Z - Barion and Porter
Slot - Brandon White, Brown-Stephens and for sure a portal addition to come?
TE (blocking focus): Kattus, Lemaster (That dude is massive TE if you've never seen him in person....he dwarfs all TE)
TE (receiving focus): Khamari Anderson and I'd argue Rodriguez will land here.

Reactions: Blouman
1. I have to give Stoops credit...he keeps digging up talent to compete. Portal adds of Ray Davis, Silver was a good add that went largely unnoticed, Marques Cox, Raynor at LBer was a sweet small get at WLB, etc.

Vandegriff and now Cotrell...a pair of former 5 stars (even if they are a bit overrated).....nice adds to roster. Good job Stoops and Marrow.

- I'd argue we have a huge hole at slot WR more than anywhere and Cottrell isn't a slot to me.

X - Cottrell and Dane
Z - Barion and Porter
TE (blocking focus): Kattus, Lemaster (That dude is massive TE if you've never seen him in person....he dwarfs all TE)
Think Maclin will be the slot if they can haul him in. Transfer from N TX St, brother played at MO, he may have started their too, was a 1000 yd receiver this year, on his OV now. LSU a challenger.

X - Cottrell and Dane
Z - Barion and Porter
Believe Brandon White left the team didn't he?

X - Cottrell and Dane
Z - Barion and Porter
If he returns I think Brown to slot. That’s his NFL position and he’ll outmatch most NBs and all LBs if Coen engineers those matchups. Brown has hand issues but he’s played out of position a bit.

I haven’t seen this or the IU guy but I figure they are both Z or X.

Reactions: 2blue4u
If so haven't seen it announced.

There were two speedy slots on the roster with very similar names. One was from Mississippi, the other from Ohio. I believe the MS guy left the team while we still have the OH guy. The names are so similar that I can never remember which one is which. I'm sure someone here will be able to sort out who is who.

Edit: The MS guy was 4 star speedster Jordan Anthony.

Anthony Brown is the Ohio guy we still have.

And then to make things even more confusing, we also have another speedy slot from Cincy named Brandon White. He is still here too. But trying to keep those 3 guys separate from each other has been a nightmare for me, and apparently, for others as well.

Last edited:
There were two speedy slots on the roster with very similar names. One was from Mississippi, the other from Ohio. I believe the MS guy left the team while we still have the OH guy. The names are so similar that I can never remember which one is which. I'm sure someone here will be able to sort out who is who.

Edit: The MS guy was 4 star speedster Jordan Anthony.
Anthony transferred last year to Texas A&M, will likely just be a track guy. White is from Ohio, haven't seen anything on his transferring but could be true. White got very limited snaps, if any, and with transfers coming in he'll likely get lost in the shuffle. UK has a RS-freshman, Ardell Banks, who could eventually see some limited time. Banks has nice size, limited speed.

On further thought…would the IU WR move to the H back TE position (wigh Dingle’s and Cumming’s departurs) with a good S&C winter?

I’d like more speed on the field at all positions.

On further thought…would the IU WR move to the H back TE position (wigh Dingle’s and Cumming’s departurs) with a good S&C winter?

I’d like more speed on the field at all positions.
I’d think he’d stay at the X, big guy at 6’5 200 but that’s three guys vying for pt at that spot. Had 48 rec for 640 yards last year, would have to get him on the field somewhere though.

Reactions: YaketySax
I’d think he’d stay at the X, big guy at 6’5 200 but that’s three guys vying for pt at that spot. Had 48 rec for 640 yards last year, would have to get him on the field somewhere though.
What weight did Cummings and dingle play at? I figured he was a bean pole but he puts in the weight room and nutrition work this winter/spring and reports to August camp at 225…?

Last edited:
Reactions: bluecoon1
Well he committed to Florida, flipped to Georgia, flipped again to A&M and entered the portal after 1 year so……But I’ve been told that he would have to sit out a season if transferred again.
I don’t think so because committing is not signing a NLI he only signed with 1 team and the coach was fired

Stoops and Marrow doing well.
We need edge rushers who can get the job done next.
Priority. We cant beat GA and Alabama's without Josh Allen's .....
Two Josh Allens and we are winning big.
Evidently a lot we can't beat. Let's get there first. Those two aren't even on the radar yet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT