ADVERTISEMENT

Ray davis

He turned in a freakish season for us, measuring among the greatest in college football history.

He will have a great career, if he wishes, in the broadcast booth.

I remember last season you posted his numbers and it was really an attention getter. By observation alone i knew he was massively under used but the numbers were literally jaw dropping.

Hard to believe noone bothered asking coen or even stoops why davis didn't get the ball more. I remember their odd apology tour after he had a massive day vs Florida by constantly saying we were committed to throwing the ball.

That commitment literally cost us one game for sure (Mizzou) and probably a second (ut), third (usc), and fourth (Clemson). Yet barely anyone seemed to care that we literally sacrificed our season to keep one guy happy.

I remember last season you posted his numbers and it was really an attention getter. By observation alone i knew he was massively under used but the numbers were literally jaw dropping.

Hard to believe noone bothered asking coen or even stoops why davis didn't get the ball more. I remember their odd apology tour after he had a massive day vs Florida by constantly saying we were committed to throwing the ball.

That commitment literally cost us one game for sure (Mizzou) and probably a second (ut), third (usc), and fourth (Clemson). Yet barely anyone seemed to care that we literally sacrificed our season to keep one guy happy.
Yeah, makes me wonder if Coen knew he’d be here one year only, in spite of his remarks. You might be correct about appeasing BB, but I hope that wasn’t the case. One player’s personality should not be able to dictate what the coaches do.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
I have to admit that I have a serious disdain for coen for how he did UK! Before anyone jumps me, yes I understand it’s a business but a man’s word is a man’s word! The guy literally said that he was absolutely committed to UK for more than just a season. Beside that, he massively underperformed with the weapons on hand in last years offense. It was near criminal that Ray Davis wasn’t fed the ball more and don’t get me started on what he did or didn’t do with Leary. What a letdown!

Coen was auditioning.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT