ADVERTISEMENT

Best KHSAA Center to Sign with UK?

Im my lifetime it would have to be Turpin. He made a surprise visit to my 5th grade class as a classmate of mine had a Sister who went to UK and somehow got him to come see us. I was awestruck. I remember Mel having a fabulous alley oop vs Tennessee that brought me off my beanbag chair. That play has always been stuck in my brain.

Jason Parker who was in reality about 6-6 260 and had huge hands was from Charlotte, North Carolina. I lived in a apartment complex across the street from his booth call. I seen Prince, Bogans and Fitch all over their hanging out at different times.

I think Moreno is going to be a really good player for us and stay probably 3 years. Can you imagine a core of KY kids in a couple years with Perry, Noah and Moreno leading us. By then the brand of Pope will be established and he could probably have his pick of frosh or transfer's playing beside them.

Tom Payne was loaded with potential, but obviously too many issues to succeed.

Unfortunately we'll never get to compare Moreno to Turpin or Estill for 2 simple reasons.

1) If he actually showed that kind of potential, we'll only have him 1-2 yrs. Making comparisons very difficult with the mature players we saw in Mel and Estill.

2) The game has changed so much, Moreno is going to be asked to play more like Bowie, or AD. Open floor players. Because that's where the game has gone. Our top 2 KY kids were more traditional, low block scorers. How do you really make those comparisons?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT