ADVERTISEMENT

Ranking the overall strength of SEC East programs

UGAs not exactly loaded with proven commodities at WR themselves. Where Newman falls short that Fromm was elite is pre snap reads. The Clawfense is notorious for Dave Clawson making the reads and the QB looking over to adjust. I’ll agree that the talent he played with wasn’t what he will have at UGA but the defenses aren’t the same either. Mizzou, UK, UT, and UF off the top of my head had top 25. Add Bama this year. He’s never seen defenses like this at Wake Forest. I mean the games that are responsible for 60% of his yards were Elon, Utah State, Rice and a 4-8 NCState.

Elite at pre snap reads? You have got to be kidding, he was baited by every DC we faced last year. He was a serviceable QB, very average arm and size that didn't make many mistakes, but he made a few.

Like I said you are hopingNeauman is bad, it's your only hope. You do realize he has numbers very similar to Trask at UF don't you? Of course you do but keep telling yourself it was against the ACC, same conference as the team it took a miracle for UT to win their bowl. Expect a similar beat down as the last 3 years, a combined 124-26.

UGAs not exactly loaded with proven commodities at WR themselves. Where Newman falls short that Fromm was elite is pre snap reads. The Clawfense is notorious for Dave Clawson making the reads and the QB looking over to adjust. I’ll agree that the talent he played with wasn’t what he will have at UGA but the defenses aren’t the same either. Mizzou, UK, UT, and UF off the top of my head had top 25. Add Bama this year. He’s never seen defenses like this at Wake Forest. I mean the games that are responsible for 60% of his yards were Elon, Utah State, Rice and a 4-8 NCState.

Meh. I think he would've put up better numbers had Surratt been healthy the entire season. They had a good run with him considering it's Wake. Problem will be new offense and getting everyone up to speed.

Stay within 3 TDs and then you can talk irony. Maybe you get bowl eligible again, consecutive years for you guys is building the program.

Uga fan talking about

a) Not winning it all after choking with all this talent

b) making a Richt Kirby comparison when they’re two sides of the same coin with near same records and accomplishments

you might as well have written: bark bark bark bark

Elite at pre snap reads? You have got to be kidding, he was baited by every DC we faced last year. He was a serviceable QB, very average arm and size that didn't make many mistakes, but he made a few.

Like I said you are hopingNeauman is bad, it's your only hope. You do realize he has numbers very similar to Trask at UF don't you? Of course you do but keep telling yourself it was against the ACC, same conference as the team it took a miracle for UT to win their bowl. Expect a similar beat down as the last 3 years, a combined 124-26.
Indiana isn’t in the ACC. And Trask was 6 percent more accurate, threw more TDs per start vs less INTs per start.

Kirby actually reminds me more of Muschamp. Georgia alums. Doing less with more. Dabo lives in both their heads. Do they part their hair on the same side? They could be brothers.

Kirby actually reminds me more of Muschamp. Georgia alums. Doing less with more. Dabo lives in both their heads. Do they part their hair on the same side? They could be brothers.

Why does Dabo live in Smart's head? Georgia hasn't played Auburn with a lake since 2014, when they beat the hell out of Dabo and crew.

Uga fan talking about

b) making a Richt Kirby comparison when they’re two sides of the same coin with near same records and accomplishments

Choking with all of this talent? Did Fat Phil choke through out the 1990's when he had a ton of talent, but couldn't beat a more talented team in Florida? Yes, Georgia has a lot of talent, but so does Alabama and LSU.

Reactions: UKat1
Why does Dabo live in Smart's head? Georgia hasn't played Auburn with a lake since 2014, when they beat the hell out of Dabo and crew.

Dabo is a much better coach and has been more successful at Clemson than Kirby will ever be at UGA. Plus, Clemson is pretty much picking their recruits at this point. That's why Kirby threw a temper tantrum at the Draft.

I've been reading a lot of this UT and UGA back and forth. Interesting (at times). A few thoughts:

-UGA is a level above everyone else in the east when it comes to results (recruiting and on the field). Not sure why UT is picking a fight with them.
-It's true that UGA usually does choke on the largest of stages, but what UK or Vol fan wouldn't trade places with them? It's odd the trash talking from UT on this.
-With that said, I don't think UGA is unbeatable by a team like IT (as Grumpy suggested). I hope UT crashes and burns, but Pruitt has seemingly turned around a sinking ship. They played Alabama close in Tuscaloosa, and if you can play with Alabama then you can play with Georgia.
-I hope UT suffers a ton of decommitments and I hope their season is 5-7 or worse, but in all honesty, they do appear to be on the upswing.
-It we're honest, UT is probably an 8-4 team. They'll likely lose to FLorida and Alabama (though both are home), likely lose to Georgia, and likely lose to Oklahoma. None of those are sure losses though (except Georgia, which is probably the longest shot given that it's a road game). No reason to think that UT will lose to UK in knoxville until we give them a reason to think it. I think South Carolina in Columbia is dangerous for them.

Betting money should be 8-4. 9-3 is not crazy, but neither is 6-6.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
Uga fan talking about

And every UT fan wishes they were in our position.

Let's see. One year we played the best offense ever in college football, the otherb2 years we lost to Bama, one we were robbed and the other we bloerd it. But like I said, stay within 3 Yrs then talk. Meanwhile ole Egghead is O-6 against the teams he has to best. Pruitts daddy coaches in Athens and his Granddaddy at Bama.

Do you think Kirby will let UT score this year?

Let's see. One year we played the best offense ever in college football, the otherb2 years we lost to Bama, one we were robbed and the other we bloerd it. But like I said, stay within 3 Yrs then talk. Meanwhile ole Egghead is O-6 against the teams he has to best. Pruitts daddy coaches in Athens and his Granddaddy at Bama.

I don’t blame you for not addressing my points grumpy granny

Man, I hope Kirby doesn't let them score this year, if they do we will never hear the end of it.

If you really believe that have no qb and having a wide receiver at qb with virtually no passing threat was not a disadvantage then you know nothing about football. If our starting qb hadn't been out the last 11 games them UK would have been a much different team and most likely blown the doors off your team and won 10 or 11 games. Stop living in the past. If you don't want to read something that is biased in favor of UK then don't go to a UK message board

Times two, or maybe times ten. The real difference in the game this year was the one interception where our TE was five yards behind their player that intercepted the ball and the ball was five yards short so it turned into an interception and runback instead of a TD for us. And we were driving, after stopping them short of a TD after the interception we had another nice drive, if we had stuck those two drives together we would have had the winning TD without the TD pass we screwed up.

Weird how you read all the bragging about how great their OL is going to be, and how great their five star OL, makes you wonder how this INDEPENDENT analysis of UK's OL seems to tell such a drastically different story. According to this our THREE STAR in his third year is more than TEN points better than him, and while we have others rated he is all by his lonesome on their OL, AND our five star is almost the same rating as their five star. With two more UK OL in the ratings. Weird.

Here it is:

#SEC Highest-graded returning O-linemen

Darian Kinnard, UK - 89.2
Jamaree Salyer, UGA - 81.3
Trey Smith, UT - 78.6
Landon Young, UK - 78.3
Drake Jackson, UK - 78.0
Ben Cleveland, UGA - 77.4
Luke Fortner, UK - 77.0
Carson Green, A&M - 76.3
Trey Hill, UGA - 73.6@PFF_College

Times two, or maybe times ten. The real difference in the game this year was the one interception where our TE was five yards behind their player that intercepted the ball and the ball was five yards short so it turned into an interception and runback instead of a TD for us. And we were driving, after stopping them short of a TD after the interception we had another nice drive, if we had stuck those two drives together we would have had the winning TD without the TD pass we screwed up.
You know there are many times in a game where if a player makes a play then the outcome could be very different-each and every game. I don't know how many times Tennessee COULD have beaten fla, but didn't make one play. I would guess at least 4 or 5 times in the last 10 to 12 years but we didn't and we lost . No excuses. Tennessee beat the wildcats this past year b/c they made some crucial plays at an important time in the game and ky did not. SIMPLE. Give credit where credit is due and don't make excuses. If you want to win, make the plays.

You know there are many times in a game where if a player makes a play then the outcome could be very different-each and every game. I don't know how many times Tennessee COULD have beaten fla, but didn't make one play. I would guess at least 4 or 5 times in the last 10 to 12 years but we didn't and we lost . No excuses. Tennessee beat the wildcats this past year b/c they made some crucial plays at an important time in the game and ky did not. SIMPLE. Give credit where credit is due and don't make excuses. If you want to win, make the plays.

We plan on making the plays this year,should have the past two years.

Why did you skip over my post after all the bragging about having the best returning OL in the SEC, the one that shows how ridiculous that claim is. You have ONE OL in the top nine according to this impartial evaluation while we have FOUR of the nine, with our best TEN points higher than your big bragging point FIVE STAR (ours is a three star, coaching?) with two more of our OL about the same as your FIVE STAR.

You also had another thread about having the best DBs in the conference that I debunked, also found another stat about the DBs, UK tied for the least passing TDs given up, NINE, tied with Ohio State for the least in the nation.

Now tell me again about your 2nd recruit that will be ranked a five star, the one ranked in the fifties now.

We plan on making the plays this year,should have the past two years.

Why did you skip over my post after all the bragging about having the best returning OL in the SEC, the one that shows how ridiculous that claim is. You have ONE OL in the top nine according to this impartial evaluation while we have FOUR of the nine, with our best TEN points higher than your big bragging point FIVE STAR (ours is a three star, coaching?) with two more of our OL about the same as your FIVE STAR.

You also had another thread about having the best DBs in the conference that I debunked, also found another stat about the DBs, UK tied for the least passing TDs given up, NINE, tied with Ohio State for the least in the nation.

Now tell me again about your 2nd recruit that will be ranked a five star, the one ranked in the fifties now.
You have me confused with another Vol poster. I haven't talk our OL or our dbs, although I think both of those groups will be quiet good. Uk's line will be very good as well, maybe better than your's but I'd take our secondary over yours any day of the week. Lastly, our recruiting is going insane right now. I bet we will get 5 to 7 more commitments and lose(recruit over) some already committed. I'm really not sure how uk's recruiting is going. Are you satisfied with it at this point ( NOT joking, but serious)?

To "jauk11" , I meant your line may be better than ours.

But but but-----all those five stars.

And same on the DBs, just saw where we were tied with Ohio State for least TD passes given up, nine for the season------among other damaging stats. We only lose one DB from one of the best in the country last year (better than yours) and return what would have been our best from injury PLUS add a 6.0 transfer.

And yes, I have no doubt you will "recruit over" a lot of recruits if you find anyone you like better, just one of the things you are famous for. Almost as famous as the "Orange Pride", I still think they are recruiting "under the covers", took the NCAA decades to outlaw them and they are so incompetent it won't matter that they did.

Are you still keeping in touch with the five star DB from Louisiana that got sent home to dry out from failing his drug tests (FIVE failures at Thug U to get kicked out, TWO at UK and Georgia, thought that was interesting) but alas, he lasted no time when he came back before he was sent home for good. Then it looks like he ran out of chances even if he was a five star, did you find out how his murder conviction went, is it final yet?

I love talking to you guys, so easy, come back again.

Last edited:
But but but-----all those five stars.

And same on the DBs, just saw where we were tied with Ohio State for least TD passes given up, nine for the season------among other damaging stats. We only lost one DB from one of the best in the country last year (better than yours) and return what would have been our best from injury PLUS add a 6.0 transfer.

And yes, I have no doubt you will "recruit over" a lot of recruits if you find anyone you like better, just one of the things you are famous for. Almost as famous as the "Orange Pride", I still think they are recruiting "under the covers", took the NCAA decades to outlaw them and they are so incompetent it won't matter that they did.

Are you still keeping in touch with the five star DB from Louisiana that got sent home to dry out from failing his drug tests (FIVE failures at Thug U to get kicked out, TWO at UK and Georgia, thought that was interesting) but alas, he lasted no time when he came back before he was sent home for good. Then it looks like he ran out of chances even if he was a five star, did you find out how his murder conviction went, is it final yet?

I love talking to you guys, so easy, come back again.
It was easier to run the ball in on you. 21 TDs given up I think. And 8 picks? I think we had like double that. Maybe a little less. I know we had more picks than TDs allowed.

It was easier to run the ball in on you. 21 TDs given up I think. And 8 picks? I think we had like double that. Maybe a little less. I know we had more picks than TDs allowed.

Running the ball? 8 picks? Double what?

Pay attention.

And did you find out what happened to your five star DB in prison for murder, the one you tried every way in the world to keep eligible.

Running the ball? 8 picks? Double what?

Pay attention.

And did you find out what happened to your five star DB in prison for murder, the one you tried every way in the world to keep eligible.
The one that was dismissed off the team and went to mcneese state and committed voluntary manslaughter like 5 yrs later?

The one that was dismissed off the team and went to mcneese state and committed voluntary manslaughter like 5 yrs later?

Could have been the same one maybe, I really don't follow all your criminals that closely, that would be a full time job and with a lot of help. IIRC it was the one they sent home for the second time for failing his FIVE drug tests.

I thought an even more revealing one was the $2,420,000 dollar settlement the University of Tennessee made (with University funds) with the GROUP of coeds claiming sexual assaults in 2016. It worked though, never a word heard about it after they got the money, that was money well spent. Say, there is easily enough material to write a book about all the things Thug U football players got away with, maybe we could get together and write a book about it. What ever happened to the 6' 4" 230# Tight end that blind sided the guy dancing with the girl he had his eye on, never did hear any more about that one, although that is pretty minor compared to the rash of rape charges you had going for a while there.

Last edited:
Could have been the same one maybe, I really don't follow all your criminals that closely, that would be a full time job and with a lot of help. IIRC it was the one they sent home for the second time for failing his FIVE drug tests.

I thought an even more revealing one was the $2,420,000 dollar settlement the University of Tennessee made (with University funds) with the GROUP of coeds claiming sexual assaults in 2016. It worked though, never a word heard about it after they got the money, that was money well spent. Say, there is easily enough material to write a book about all the things Thug U football players got away with, maybe we could get together and write a book about it. What ever happened to the 6' 4" 230# Tight end that blind sided the guy dancing with the girl he had his eye on, never did hear any more about that one, although that is pretty minor compared to the rash of rape charges you had going for a while there.
Well as long as we are going way back in history of a program, it would be quiet easy to write a book- no really a volume - of uk's "misdeeds and inappropriate acts" in basketball. And yes I know about this a football program but let's be honest here uk is a basketball school and UT is football school , so going to what matters most to their fanbase. Didn't uk lose a whole year b/c of a point shaving scandal? I forget, which uk coach sent money via the mail and had wads of money fall out to a recruit? Which player, relatively recently , was charged w aggravated assault on his girlfriend at the uk lounge and was later swept under the rug? Should I go on ? Oh, what about last weekend's revelation into their cheerleading program - wonder how long that has been going on ?

To " jauk11" , I noticed that you did not acknowledge the post about me being the poster you accused about our ol lines and dbs comparisons, which I wasn't. It must be hard for you to even admit to something so small and trivial, but it does not surprise me.

Bowden at QB rather than Wilson may have been the best thing that happened to UK last season, and LOL at saying Indiana outplayed UT. I will give you that UT was flat offensively that game, mainly because Guarantano was off his game until the last 2 drives, but again, LOL at the idea that IU outplayed UT. The Hoosiers had a stretch during the 3rd qtr where I thought offensively they did ok, but that was only because of the big scrambling QB, but other than that IU showed nothing.

I agree, Indiana didn't look very good at all.

And you still barely squeezed by them.

To " jauk11" , I noticed that you did not acknowledge the post about me being the poster you accused about our ol lines and dbs comparisons, which I wasn't. It must be hard for you to even admit to something so small and trivial, but it does not surprise me.

To tell you the truth I don't even pay attention to which one of you intruders I reply to, you all sound the same to me.

Well as long as we are going way back in history of a program, it would be quiet easy to write a book- no really a volume - of uk's "misdeeds and inappropriate acts" in basketball. And yes I know about this a football program but let's be honest here uk is a basketball school and UT is football school , so going to what matters most to their fanbase. Didn't uk lose a whole year b/c of a point shaving scandal? I forget, which uk coach sent money via the mail and had wads of money fall out to a recruit? Which player, relatively recently , was charged w aggravated assault on his girlfriend at the uk lounge and was later swept under the rug? Should I go on ? Oh, what about last weekend's revelation into their cheerleading program - wonder how long that has been going on ?

I just saw this, but man, you really are going way back, wasn't that bb season about SEVENTY years ago, and wasn't that before athletes got the COA or anything else legally? And what a joke, one of those mailers "fell open" with wads of money in it, have you ever sent cash in one of those, and how much did you worry about it "falling open"? How stupid would you have to be to send thousands in the mail and not make sure it was sealed up, lol. Wasn't that close to forty years ago, and isn't UK one of the most scaredy cat programs you can imagine now, while Thug U gets away with murder? If you are talking about Tubman that his girl friend charged with rape after letting him in her room and then walking him to the door like nothing happened, didn't UK kick him out of school and off the campus even though the Grand Jury didn't return an indictment, do you think they might have been more legal than the kangaroo court run by a jealous prof? I guess you can say "swept under the rug" after the Grand Jury failed to indict him and he was still thrown off the team AND out of town.

What happened to the NUMEROUS Thug U football players that were charged with rape, oh I remember now, nothing more was heard about it AFTER THUG U threw $4,520,000 of the public's money at them in the out of court settlement. Pretty sure keeping their mouth shut was part of the settlement.

Hazing has been going on at Universities for generations, hard to control a bunch of stupid young people. It would have never been heard about if it happened at Thug U.

You have built a 100,000 seat stadium and football tradition with decades of cheating, and almost everyone besides you know that.

Sorry, I don't even pay attention to which of you losers I am replying to, you are all the same deluded cheaters to me.

How many insults does it take before you figure out you aren't welcome here?

Every player accused of rape was dismissed. The two that had enough evidence to actually go to court revealed that the girl had consensual sex with the players and then her boyfriend found out and it became rape accusations. She actually cost AJ Johnson, now a starting LB for Denver, a lot of draft money with her false accusations.

Every player accused of rape was dismissed. The two that had enough evidence to actually go to court revealed that the girl had consensual sex with the players and then her boyfriend found out and it became rape accusations. She actually cost AJ Johnson, now a starting LB for Denver, a lot of draft money with her false accusations.

Right.

That is why Thug U gave away all that money for nothing. If Johnson is starting in the NFL now maybe he should repay Thug U for some of that money he cost them.

In fairness I’d say UK is a football school like many based on attendance and scale. Men’s b-ball is away to pass the time in winter ;) Sure we carved a niche in men’s b-ball like you guys in women’s b-ball , but even at UK, on Saturdays you’re at a so called football school.

Don’t listen to a lot of our basketball fans—especially the basketball only fans. They’re dumb and just front runners—which is sad because all they cling to is a sport that’s at best an afterthought in the conference

Last edited:
Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
I just saw this, but man, you really are going way back, wasn't that bb season about SEVENTY years ago, and wasn't that before athletes got the COA or anything else legally? And what a joke, one of those mailers "fell open" with wads of money in it, have you ever sent cash in one of those, and how much did you worry about it "falling open"? How stupid would you have to be to send thousands in the mail and not make sure it was sealed up, lol. Wasn't that close to forty years ago, and isn't UK one of the most scaredy cat programs you can imagine now, while Thug U gets away with murder? If you are talking about Tubman that his girl friend charged with rape after letting him in her room and then walking him to the door like nothing happened, didn't UK kick him out of school and off the campus even though the Grand Jury didn't return an indictment, do you think they might have been more legal than the kangaroo court run by a jealous prof? I guess you can say "swept under the rug" after the Grand Jury failed to indict him and he was still thrown off the team AND out of town.

What happened to the NUMEROUS Thug U football players that were charged with rape, oh I remember now, nothing more was heard about it AFTER THUG U threw $4,520,000 of the public's money at them in the out of court settlement. Pretty sure keeping their mouth shut was part of the settlement.

Hazing has been going on at Universities for generations, hard to control a bunch of stupid young people. It would have never been heard about if it happened at Thug U.

You have built a 100,000 seat stadium and football tradition with decades of cheating, and almost everyone besides you know that.
So I guess you are ok w things that happened 40 years ago but not with things that happened 15+ years ago. To me, wrong is wrong anytime, but obviously there is a distinction in time periods - which is the point of the post. You live in the past, meaning the players, the coaches, the administrations at UT today are different than 15 + years ago. Why do you just give that narrative up b/c it isn't the same group of people involved - just like uk's basketball program, players, etc. is different than cheating Rupp's/sutton's/hall's groups, etc.
As far as UT and the title nine thing- UT certainly wasn't the only program going through that at the time - in fact, dozens and dozens of schools were going through title nine problems. If that is what the complantives decided to do ( accept money) then what should anyone else say? Right or wrong, it is what it is legally and that is that.
Lastly, it was VERY stupid to send money over the mail, but obviously you think it was a "setup" so there isn't any arguing with you on that one - always the other team and not our team !! Yea , right.

In fairness I’d say UK is a football school like many based on attendance and scale. Men’s b-ball is away to pass the time in winter ;) Sure we carved a niche in men’s b-ball like you guys in women’s b-ball , but even at UK, on Saturdays you’re at a so called football school.

Don’t listen to a lot of our basketball fans—especially the basketball only fans. They’re dumb and just front runners—which is sad because all they cling to is a sport that’s at best an afterthought in the conference
Interesting. Certainly, any division one football program is the cash cow for that university but I was speaking in terms of historical relevance and championships, hence UT is a "football school" and uk is a "basketball school". Also , your take on uk fans is interesting. Except for a few diehard football fans, the people I know that are uk fans see the football season as a way to signal basketball season is about upon them. I will say lately though there has been increased interest and curiosity in the football program by these same fans- since stoops have turned them around but make no mistake about it - when you mention u of k , people/ media, etc see it as a basketball school.

So I guess you are ok w things that happened 40 years ago but not with things that happened 15+ years ago. To me, wrong is wrong anytime, but obviously there is a distinction in time periods - which is the point of the post. You live in the past, meaning the players, the coaches, the administrations at UT today are different than 15 + years ago. Why do you just give that narrative up b/c it isn't the same group of people involved - just like uk's basketball program, players, etc. is different than cheating Rupp's/sutton's/hall's groups, etc.
As far as UT and the title nine thing- UT certainly wasn't the only program going through that at the time - in fact, dozens and dozens of schools were going through title nine problems. If that is what the complantives decided to do ( accept money) then what should anyone else say? Right or wrong, it is what it is legally and that is that.
Lastly, it was VERY stupid to send money over the mail, but obviously you think it was a "setup" so there isn't any arguing with you on that one - always the other team and not our team !! Yea , right.

You have always been among the biggest cheaters in the nation, the "Orange Pride" just one example, but I think it has probably actually gotten worse as you have gotten more and more desperate to regain your "rightful" place among the nation's elite. You still have a looooooong way to go.

You have done more cheating in the past five years than UK has done this century, and I have ZERO doubt about that.

Now go home before I have to waste my time with more examples, like the star QB that vandalized the car and then vandalized the car of the girl that turned him in. Then escaped prosecution due to some stupid law that says if you pay for the damages you won't be prosecuted. Which he did, which ADMITTED THAT HE DID IT, still have to wonder where he got that money.

Say, did you hear about the EIGHT thugs that got ONE fatty down and kicked him in the head and into the hospital. And then did about the same to an off duty policeman (COP) on the way out. FREE admission, the surveillance tapes NOT picked up till the next morning when they were bad (Surprise surprise), and with NO ONE even getting a parking ticket from the whole fiasco. And your poor coach couldn't figure out who to punish, lol. How about the police department admitting they called the coaches first whenever one of your players got in trouble? You couldn't even make all this crap up..

All in recent years, now go home before I finish the story, I don't have all night to waste.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT