ADVERTISEMENT

Ranking the overall strength of SEC East programs

we have 2 5*s and 4 4*s on 247 so far

hang in there

It's a Mark Richt type class, 3-4 top prospects, 3-4 good prospects and the majority of the class projects. It will end up 3rd or 4th in the East and 6-9 in the SEC. Could be top 10 maybe top 8 but could be top 15. I wouldn't use ink to write the Alabama kid in the class or the Florida kid, but UT doesn't have any issues admitting kids with off the field issues. Maybe this class can stay within 20 of us on the field.

Reactions: STUCKNBIG10
It's a Mark Richt type class, 3-4 top prospects, 3-4 good prospects and the majority of the class projects. It will end up 3rd or 4th in the East and 6-9 in the SEC. Could be top 10 maybe top 8 but could be top 15. I wouldn't use ink to write the Alabama kid in the class or the Florida kid, but UT doesn't have any issues admitting kids with off the field issues. Maybe this class can stay within 20 of us on the field.

worry is noted

Yeah I saw the Dawgs saying this on TOS. Y’all are comparing final rankings to post junior season rankings. Pruitts been in early on a lot of kids who ended up top 200 kids like Callaway. Tennessee’s not done with this class by a bit either.

Yeah I saw the Dawgs saying this on TOS. Y’all are comparing final rankings to post junior season rankings. Pruitts been in early on a lot of kids who ended up top 200 kids like Callaway. Tennessee’s not done with
this class by a bit either.

By a bit? You have 18 commits, with a dozen projects. You tink Bama is going to sign 2, or UGA is going to sign 7? UT has 700 more points than us will 11 more kids committed. It's a Mark Richt type class from top to bottom. Just good enough to get your hopes up only to watch someone else take the prize.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
By a bit? You have 18 commits, with a dozen projects. You tink Bama is going to sign 2, or UGA is going to sign 7? UT has 700 more points than us will 11 more kids committed. It's a Mark Richt type class from top to bottom. Just good enough to get your hopes up only to watch someone else take the prize.
See that’s your problem. You’re more concerned with class ranking. I’m more concerned with my coaches filling needs. Kirby’s had two of his own classes draft eligible so far and has zero of his own recruited players drafted on defense.

See that’s your problem. You’re more concerned with class ranking. I’m more concerned with my coaches filling needs. Kirby’s had two of his own classes draft eligible so far and has zero of his own recruited players drafted on defense.

Then why you excited about your class ranking? No one needs 4 RB in one class. But needs right. You only have 3-4 kids that on your list that any playoff hopeful would take in May.

As for filling needs we been doing ok on that.

Reactions: STUCKNBIG10

Really, you going to count the class he had a month to recruit for, but Pruitt gets a pass?

You do know Pruitt had the Thorpe award winner sitting on the bench at UGA right?

Pruitt is a good coach, I have always said that, he is a good recruiter too, not on Kirby's level but better than most.

Older players have been replaced by younger guys every year, Kirby's first full class were Jr this year, and every defensive player who could leave early returned, there will be a lot drafted next draft.

Really, you going to count the class he had a month to recruit for, but Pruitt gets a pass?

You do know Pruitt had the Thorpe award winner sitting on the bench at UGA right?

Pruitt is a good coach, I have always said that, he is a good recruiter too, not on Kirby's level but better than most.

Older players have been replaced by younger guys every year, Kirby's first full class were Jr this year, and every defensive player who could leave early returned, there will be a lot drafted next draft.
As a freshman. Under other guys who were pick machines. You’ve had 8 picks each of the last two seasons. Pruitt had 14 this season.

4 and 5 star skill players with 3 yrs in the system shouldn’t be returning for year four unless there was a serious detriment in their development at some point.

Then why you excited about your class ranking? No one needs 4 RB in one class. But needs right. You only have 3-4 kids that on your list that any playoff hopeful would take in May.

As for filling needs we been doing ok on that.
Elijah Howard will play DB at Tennessee. You can look that up in any commitment interview he’s done. Evans will arrive as a JR so that’ll be 2 JR RBs, two sophomore RBs and two freshmen RBs on the roster.

At this point in their respective careers that is an unknown.

1. Kirby has had 4 years to Pruitt's 2 years to get his recruiting system in place and make tweeks here and there with staff to get a top notch recruiting staff in place and get those guys out in to the field where they fit best.

2. Kirby inherited a program that had gone 9-3 the year prior, and 10-3 the year before that, and was 49-17 over the 5 years leading up to Kirby taking over. Pruitt inherited a team that went 0-8 in the SEC the year before. From a recruit's view, they are going to see UGA as a program that is on a stronger, more stable foundation at this point.

3. The state of Georgia produces more SEC-level recruits than any other state, which is a huge luxury for whoever happens to be the HC in Athens. Tennessee is certainly getting better and will continue to do so, but Georgia is at another level.

4. Because Kirby inherited a strong program he was able to sell the idea of playing in Atlanta and further, right out of the gate. Pruitt has had to sell hope and his vision. It's the mark of an outstanding recruiter that he has been able to pull in some elite players since he arrived in Knoxville. The fact is, some of the elite kids are taking serious notice of Rocky Top.

Reactions: Navyguy44
As a freshman. Under other guys who were pick machines. You’ve had 8 picks each of the last two seasons. Pruitt had 14 this season.

They also lost to Georgia St and gave up a game losing TD pass to BYU. What is your point? We return 10 starters from the bowl game, 9 starters from the number 1 scoring defense in the country. What's your your point with ints?

They also lost to Georgia St and gave up a game losing TD pass to BYU. What is your point? We return 10 starters from the bowl game, 9 starters from the number 1 scoring defense in the country. What's your your point with ints?
Just that Pruitts not gonna start a true freshmen over proven entities.

Huh, that makes less sense than most of your post.

I know UT and you hope is our grad transfer QB is a miss, it's the only shot you have to beat us. But he is rated the number 3 QB for the draft next spring. Yeah he played in the ACC, SEC isn't the ACC. Well guess what, we ain't Wake either.

Elijah Howard will play DB at Tennessee. You can look that up in any commitment interview he’s done. Evans will arrive as a JR so that’ll be 2 JR RBs, two sophomore RBs and two freshmen RBs on the roster.

Is Brown a RB? He looks more like an H-back to me. He's heavier. Doesn't have that extra gear.

At this point in their respective careers that is an unknown.

1. Kirby has had 4 years to Pruitt's 2 years to get his recruiting system in place and make tweeks here and there with staff to get a top notch recruiting staff in place and get those guys out in to the field where they fit best.

2. Kirby inherited a program that had gone 9-3 the year prior, and 10-3 the year before that, and was 49-17 over the 5 years leading up to Kirby taking over. Pruitt inherited a team that went 0-8 in the SEC the year before. From a recruit's view, they are going to see UGA as a program that is on a stronger, more stable foundation at this point.

3. The state of Georgia produces more SEC-level recruits than any other state, which is a huge luxury for whoever happens to be the HC in Athens. Tennessee is certainly getting better and will continue to do so, but Georgia is at another level.

4. Because Kirby inherited a strong program he was able to sell the idea of playing in Atlanta and further, right out of the gate. Pruitt has had to sell hope and his vision. It's the mark of an outstanding recruiter that he has been able to pull in some elite players since he arrived in Knoxville. The fact is, some of the elite kids are taking serious notice of Rocky Top.

Do you guys still recruit Tennessee?

Do you guys still recruit Tennessee?

Yes, but I think Pruitt has been very selective about instate recruiting. The level of talent is supposedly down this cycle, but I also have gotten the feeling he has some concerns about the level of competition in the lower classifications, so maybe he thinks some instate guys aren't as good as the recruiting services are ranking them.

I think he will if the freshman can read defenses and know how to align the offense based on what he is seeing across the LOS. That is why Pruitt kept going back to JG last season; Maurer and Shrout both struggled to understand what they were seeing from the defense, and the running game struggled with both of those QBs in the game. If Bailey were to come in and show he can put the offense in the right alignments, then I don't think Pruitt/Chaney will have any problem starting him. But with no spring ball I think that really hurts HG's chances to be the starter, at least at the beginning of the season.

I think he will if the freshman can read defenses and know how to align the offense based on what he is seeing across the LOS. That is why Pruitt kept going back to JG last season; Maurer and Shrout both struggled to understand what they were seeing from the defense, and the running game struggled with both of those QBs in the game. If Bailey were to come in and show he can put the offense in the right alignments, then I don't think Pruitt/Chaney will have any problem starting him. But with no spring ball I think that really hurts HG's chances to be the starter, at least at the beginning of the season.
I was talking about Deandre Baker over some of the other guys. Who starts at QB is mostly up to Chaney. Pruitt takes the blame for the results but he hired Chaney to give him control. I think Chaney will go with experience in JG but with a short leash. I think the defense takes the next step and gives the offense a little more room to be creative.

I was talking about Deandre Baker over some of the other guys. Who starts at QB is mostly up to Chaney. Pruitt takes the blame for the results but he hired Chaney to give him control. I think Chaney will go with experience in JG but with a short leash. I think the defense takes the next step and gives the offense a little more room to be creative.

Yes, I agree., but again, I think JG getting the start on Day 1 depends on how much HB, or even BM or JTS, have a grasp of what they are looking at on defense. Pruitt wants a dominant run game, that is obvious by the type of RB he is recruiting. So he wants a QB that can understand what he is looking at and not call run plays that send the RB into an overloaded defense. BM and JTS were not able to do that last season. I think if either of them, or HB, or if Daniels were to transfer in, any of them will get the start early over JG. But at this point, assuming the season starts on or near normal, then I would look for JG to start the season.

Do you think you will beat Bama worse during the SEC championship game than you beat them during the regular season or not? Probably should since you will be more experienced at that point in the season, don't you think?

Huh, that makes less sense than most of your post.

I know UT and you hope is our grad transfer QB is a miss, it's the only shot you have to beat us. But he is rated the number 3 QB for the draft next spring. Yeah he played in the ACC, SEC isn't the ACC. Well guess what, we ain't Wake either.

Rated #3 according to whom exactly? Nothing in his 2019 stats at WF suggest that at all. And he is not even listed among the 16 QBs expected to be drafted in Rds 1-7 of the 2022 draft.

I know there was some who thought he could be a top draft pick if he had decided to go in this year's draft, but there were probably even more analysts who said he was not even draftable based on his inconsistencies as a passer, and his mental processing capabilities. (which is what Guarantano has struggled with)

It is certainly possible he could get to UGA and develop into a high round draft pick, but that is based off his physical capabilities, but right now it doesn't appear if too many people outside of the UGA fanbase seem to expect it

Last edited:
Rated #3 according to whom exactly? Nothing in his 2019 stats at WF suggest that at all. And he is not even listed among the 16 QBs expected to be drafted in Rds 1-7 of the 2022 draft.

I know there was some who thought he could be a top draft pick if he had decided to go in this year's draft, but there were probably even more analysts who said he was not even draftable based on his inconsistencies as a passer, and his mental processing capabilities. (which is what Guarantano has struggled with)

It is certainly possible he could get to UGA and develop into a high round draft pick, but that is based off his physical capabilities, but right now it doesn't appear if too many people outside of the UGA fanbase seem to expect it

https://www.draftsite.com/nfl/position/qb/14/2022/
Newman will be in the 21 draft. They have him 3rd amongst QBs but they had Kelly Bryant around the same a year ago too.

Newman is good. He really only had one receiver (Sage Surratt) to throw the ball to at Wake.
UGAs not exactly loaded with proven commodities at WR themselves. Where Newman falls short that Fromm was elite is pre snap reads. The Clawfense is notorious for Dave Clawson making the reads and the QB looking over to adjust. I’ll agree that the talent he played with wasn’t what he will have at UGA but the defenses aren’t the same either. Mizzou, UK, UT, and UF off the top of my head had top 25. Add Bama this year. He’s never seen defenses like this at Wake Forest. I mean the games that are responsible for 60% of his yards were Elon, Utah State, Rice and a 4-8 NCState.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT