ADVERTISEMENT

Quinton Bohanna impressing early at Cowboys training camp

As always, he needs to stay on the field. None of this feigning injury after 3-4 plays as happened at UK over & over. NFL won't tolerate it. They are PAYING you to play, not be hurt.

Something that big, moving that fast, is going to miss plays. Go get it QB!!!!

Reactions: UKfan34
As always, he needs to stay on the field. None of this feigning injury after 3-4 plays as happened at UK over & over. NFL won't tolerate it. They are PAYING you to play, not be hurt.
shitty thing to say about the best nose guard UK has ever had. Not to mention his stats say he was pretty good for us. Maybe you're just always one of "those" when it comes to athletes?

shitty thing to say about the best nose guard UK has ever had. Not to mention his stats say he was pretty good for us. Maybe you're just always one of "those" when it comes to athletes?
He holds the all-time UK record for the number of times play was stopped for injury & he walks off.

I do want him to do well, but have my doubts for the reason stated.

• Haha
Reactions: Ky grandpa
He holds the all-time UK record for the number of times play was stopped for injury & he walks off.

Oh, really? How many times? If you are going to highlight your ass, maybe you would back it up with some actual stats. Bohanna got a bunch of snaps from his true frosh season through to his last bowl. He plays in the toughest spot in the toughest league. Because my recollection doubts your claim, prove it.

Bohanna cramped a lot....but he also played a huge number of snaps...I would say there is some correlation there. There was usually a major drop off when he wasn't in, so that speaks to his ability.
The fact that Vince Marrow commented if he had worked harder at conditioning he may have moved up some rounds just may give a hint to why he was cramping could give a hint too.

I'd take him back even if he cramped a little more. He played his position for UK EXTREMELY well.
Hope he does good in the pros for years....just wish he was with a different team. I've not much confidence in the Cowboys crew.

1. Chris Westry holds that championship all time IMO
2. I think alot of the UK "cramps" are the UK coaches basically skirting the rules and telling players to fall down with cramps when teams go hurry up and we can't get our packages on the field.....not so much about Bohanna.

QB was listed around 360# his last two seasons at UK. Anyone think he was that light?

Regardless, the NFL needs to be pretty truthful in that regard with the bettors, so we can see what they say.

And Cowboys say 326# - huge difference. Like a 3-4 years old kid difference.

Huge Cowboys fan here. I listen to many of the podcasts they do. (excellent quality btw)

Q is getting very good reviews. Not just one day. Not just one guy. He is getting noticed often from multiple sources. And yeah, he dropped 30 pounds or so. Strong, but getting recognized as nimble w very good feet.

Lotta competition at the inner DL, veterans and draft picks. But none fit the type of guy Q Bo brings.

Unless he really falls off in the pre season games, he is on the team. May make the game day 46 too.

Joseph is also doing well after a slow start in OTAs. Starting to flash.

Only an idiot would post about a player getting hurt and criticizing them for it. If you knew ANYTHING about football, you would know you have to be one tough son of a bitch to play nose tackle. The job requires you to be extremely physical and you are always taking on two big uglies across the line from you. A nose tackles main job is to take on O-Linemen and clog up the middle, and free up the LB's to actually make the tackle. They are also run stoppers, but typically do not record very many tackles, their job is to "blow up" the play at the line of scrimmage and push the linemen into the backfield. They do the dirty work to set someone else up to get the glory. It is not a position where you look at stats to see how effective they are. It takes a different kind of dude to play nose tackle and it is a very violent, demanding position, thus a real good chance of injury. To make a bashing post and almost insinuate that Bohanna is getting hurt on purpose is very bush league and totally uncalled for. Fans (Not really a fan) like that needs to stay the hell away from message boards and even more so, away from the stadium. With fans like them, who needs enemies. Those types of posters have never played sports in their life. Armchair critic that doesn't have a damn clue about the sport. The worst fan possible.

Nose tackle is one of the toughest positions to "grade out" for fans and media. Clog the middle/ occupy more than one lineman / cause disruption / free the linebackers up.

A couple of writers actually said Bohanna was one of the three most impressive rookies...three tackles but showed good movement and hustle.

Dallas has got to figure out a 3-4 set before QB can really show his worth.

Nose tackle is one of the toughest positions to "grade out" for fans and media. Clog the middle/ occupy more than one lineman / cause disruption / free the linebackers up.

A couple of writers actually said Bohanna was one of the three most impressive rookies...three tackles but showed good movement and hustle.

Dallas has got to figure out a 3-4 set before QB can really show his worth.
I guess that is a polite way of saying I don't know how to "grade out" NT position.
NT. is not supposed to get pushed back off of the line of scrimmage by one offensive lineman. this happened repeatedly last night.
yes, clog the middle/ occupy more than one lineman / cause disruption / free the linebackers up... is his job, and he was not very impressive.
most of these "writers" couldn't grade out 3rd grade home work! as you touched on that fact in the first sentence of your post.

Last edited:
he didn't look very good last night in the HOF game!
Interesting…one of the official cowboy beat writers rated “winners and losers” from the game.

Winner: Quinton Bohanna​

What do you know, an athletic 1-tech can contribute to the defense!

In all seriousness it was great to see Bohanna flash. He showed a lot of athleticism that correlates with the hype that people have had about him both before and during camp. There were a few times that he broke through the line of scrimmage to complicate things for Pittsburgh and he even hustled back to plays once they got behind him. A job well done.

Interesting…one of the official cowboy beat writers rated “winners and losers” from the game.

Winner: Quinton Bohanna​

What do you know, an athletic 1-tech can contribute to the defense!

In all seriousness it was great to see Bohanna flash. He showed a lot of athleticism that correlates with the hype that people have had about him both before and during camp. There were a few times that he broke through the line of scrimmage to complicate things for Pittsburgh and he even hustled back to plays once they got behind him. A job well done.
What do you know, an official beat writer saying something positive about the team he/she covers.
article probably has about as much truth as the bible. I watched him get man handled more than a few times.
he did show flashes of athleticism....that means absolutely nothing. everyone on the field showed flashes of athleticism. look, I like Q. and Dallas, but it is what it is.

Something that big, moving that fast, is going to miss plays. Go get it QB!!!!
There is also another guy named McCall behind him who is good. They probably told him to get off field if he is not 100%

Bohanna cramped a lot....but he also played a huge number of snaps...I would say there is some correlation there. There was usually a major drop off when he wasn't in, so that speaks to his ability.
The fact that Vince Marrow commented if he had worked harder at conditioning he may have moved up some rounds just may give a hint to why he was cramping could give a hint too.

I'd take him back even if he cramped a little more. He played his position for UK EXTREMELY well.
Hope he does good in the pros for years....just wish he was with a different team. I've not much confidence in the Cowboys crew.
Well. I was around UK Football from 78 to present, and I am going to really focus on Q's cramping issues. Have you seen the interior lineman we have had most of those years? I guess he also ought to get a haircut

What do you know, an official beat writer saying something positive about the team he/she covers.
article probably has about as much truth as the bible. I watched him get man handled more than a few times.
he did show flashes of athleticism....that means absolutely nothing. everyone on the field showed flashes of athleticism. look, I like Q. and Dallas, but it is what it is.
I watched the game Bohanna played very well. The guys on the OL get paid as well so your not going to win every rep against NFL players. For a rookie Bohanna played exceptionally and has a very bright future. He will work on his pad level as he matures.

I guess that is a polite way of saying I don't know how to "grade out" NT position.
NT. is not supposed to get pushed back off of the line of scrimmage by one offensive lineman. this happened repeatedly last night.
yes, clog the middle/ occupy more than one lineman / cause disruption / free the linebackers up... is his job, and he was not very impressive.
most of these "writers" couldn't grade out 3rd grade home work! as you touched on that fact in the first sentence of your post.
What ? You mean a rookie in his very first preseason game did not dominate more seasoned veterans ? I will be damned, so it isn't so. What he did do is fight, play hard, and MADE PLAYS. It was his FIRST action in the freaking NFL, you know where the guys are pros, the best of the best, everyone is good. He more than held his on, especially taking into consideration it was his first live action. To say different is just being very naive or idiotic or in your case, both. You really sound like you like Q and Dallas, I would to see your post if you didn't.

Yes because it is part of the agreement that beat writers can only write positive articles about the team they cover. I thought everyone knew this. I mean take Jerry Tipton for example, he always, 100% of the time gushes about UK basketball and only writes articles that prop up and see UK in a positive light. he never writes anything negative or derogatory about the team he covers. Goodness, for a know it all, you sure do come off as a no nothing.

What ? You mean a rookie in his very first preseason game did not dominate more seasoned veterans ? I will be damned, so it isn't so. What he did do is fight, play hard, and MADE PLAYS. It was his FIRST action in the freaking NFL, you know where the guys are pros, the best of the best, everyone is good. He more than held his on, especially taking into consideration it was his first live action. To say different is just being very naive or idiotic or in your case, both. You really sound like you like Q and Dallas, I would to see your post if you didn't.

Yes because it is part of the agreement that beat writers can only write positive articles about the team they cover. I thought everyone knew this. I mean take Jerry Tipton for example, he always, 100% of the time gushes about UK basketball and only writes articles that prop up and see UK in a positive light. he never writes anything negative or derogatory about the team he covers. Goodness, for a know it all, you sure do come off as a no nothing.
calm down sparky...it's just an opinion from a naive idiotic random poster you are responding here.
medication is available for your condition.

He also posted “losers”. So could it be this beat writer knows more and is more objective than you are?

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
He also posted “losers”. So could it be this beat writer knows more and is more objective than you are?
could be...could it be you boys are upset about my opinion of a fictional story book?
Da..da...dada Captain Saveaho to the rescue!

he played ok for a rookie, I wouldn't say he was impressive. my standards of impressive play seems to be higher than others, much like proof for celestial beings. which seems to be the real reason or the sensitive cry baby responses.

Oh, it’s because your standards are so high that others don’t understand your tough love comments, requiring you to then defend your toughness by calling others crybabies. Got it. Thanks.

Oh, it’s because your standards are so high that others don’t understand your tough love comments, requiring you to then defend your toughness by calling others crybabies. Got it. Thanks.
the damsel in distress "catsfanbgky" started the name calling. ( refer post #28 ) naive or idiotic or in your case, both .
I'm sorry my" tough love" comments doesn't compare to your Christian love standards. spread some christian love and....forgive me!

the damsel in distress "catsfanbgky" started the name calling. ( refer post #28 ) naive or idiotic or in your case, both .
I'm sorry my" tough love" comments doesn't compare to your Christian love standards. spread some christian love and....forgive me!
I don’t care about silly juvenile squabbles between posters. It’s your ill-informed and ridiculously stubborn criticism of Bohanna with which I take issue. You being hypercritical out of a position of ignorance is not a good look, IMO. If you think it deserves forgiveness, I forgive you.

Reactions: coachcombs57
I don’t care about silly juvenile squabbles between posters. It’s your ill-informed and ridiculously stubborn criticism of Bohanna with which I take issue. You being hypercritical out of a position of ignorance is not a good look, IMO. If you think it deserves forgiveness, I forgive you.
I'm sure Bohanna appreciates you coming to his rescue, not as much as you squabbling on his nut sack though.

calm down sparky...it's just an opinion from a naive idiotic random poster you are responding here.
medication is available for your condition.
LOL, I went ahead and finished reading the rest of the post in the thread below these JUST to make sure I was correct in my analysis / conclusion. And I was, not really shocked, but here it goes. First, my name is not Sparky kiddo. Now that I got that out of the way. You are what we call "not comfortable in your own skin" is about the best / nicest way I can put it. You call out several posters and start an argument because they do not agree with your assessment, then when they do not back down from your bullying, you move to the next stage, childish name calling. Then the third and final stage or your routine, making shit up deflecting facts with yeah but. What is so funny is that YOU are the only one arguing with SEVERAL different posters. And YOU are the only one with YOUR opinion, nobody else agreed with your take or even remotely sided with your assessment of Bohannan's performance. Did it ever occur to you that with only you on your side of the take and only you are calling people out and names that maybe YOU are the problem ? Probably not, you can't seem to GET IT, you are WRONG.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT