ADVERTISEMENT

Quincy Miller - You're Next!!!!!!

Jul 28, 2003
IMO Miller is the best player in the 2011 class. What do other on this board think of his game? And who does he compare to IYO?

Thanks for any feedback. I tried posting this on Rupp Rafters and it got deleted and I got blacklisted.

I certainly hope he is next in line

he would be an ENORMOUS domino to fall for Kentucky

we could easily argue we'd have the 3 best players in the 2011 class

Wonder why Rivals dropped him all the way to 8 in the latest rankings? He definitely looks like he has a really dominant aspect to his game, with his size and ball handling ability.

Originally posted by Kramer318:
Wonder why Rivals dropped him all the way to 8 in the latest rankings? He definitely looks like he has a really dominant aspect to his game, with his size and ball handling ability.

could very well be his heavy interest in UK

look at how Knight dropped

he's the 2-time Gatorade National Player of the year, and he's only #6 overall

doesn't make much sense.....does it?

Miller very well could end up being the best player in the class. I still think there are elements to his game that are very raw, but he has arguably the highest ceiling of anyone in his class. In my opinion he is third right now behind Gilchrist and Teague. Coming out of highschool Gilchrist may be the best finisher around the rim that I've witnessed since Lebron. When he goes to the cup you know he's going to finish.

Im real excited about him. 6'9 long athletic kinda reminds me of Prince. I believe he will commit to us soon.

u were blacklisted? that seems a little extreme. esp. with all the jerks on rafters who get away with antagonizing every post/poster. that seems very strange, u sure thats y u were blacklisted?

Quincy seems to be leaning towards coming to Kentucky as he and Deuce Bello were seen wearing Kentucky shirts at the Pangos tournament today!

Originally posted by KatfanKraig:
Quincy seems to be leaning towards coming to Kentucky as he and Deuce Bello were seen wearing Kentucky shirts at the Pangos tournament today!

there in lies the twist in his recruitment. UK does not need Bello. If MIller is dead set on the two being a package....he may indeed go elsewhere.

Originally posted by Kramer318:

Some say it's how hard he plays sometimes. Unbelieveable talent, but he seems to take plays off sometimes.

Originally posted by Blue_Reality:

there in lies the twist in his recruitment. UK does not need Bello. If MIller is dead set on the two being a package....he may indeed go elsewhere.

there's no way with a class that stacked and how limited our schollies will be that we could take that package

if it ended up we lost Q because of that (hypothetical) we could plug in either Nash or A Thomas and still be tremendous

I watched Quincy Miller play at LCA last year and he was very impressive. Kevin Durant is the comparison you most often hear with QM, and is an apt one IMO, but of course it remains to be seen if he ever reaches that level. He's long and lanky with a nice stroke just like KD, but also like KD, he's not the most physical presence in the paint at this stage of his development. Like Terrence Jones, he fits the 4 in the DDMO perfectly or could easily play the 3 if Gilchrist is at the 4. Just needs to get stronger and more physical (and learn to play defense). The other thing I really liked about Quincy Miller is that he seemed like a terrific kid. I watched his interactions with his teammates both on the floor and on the bench, as well as his interaction with the fans (including my two little boys that he was very nice to when they spoke to him), and he was very positive with a great attitude. He got undercut and took a REALLY hard fall under the basket and didn't get up looking to fight...just got the cut over his eye bandaged up and got back in there. He seemed to have a constant smile on his face the same way Derek Anderson always did.

Originally posted by UKcatXXXL:

there in lies the twist in his recruitment. UK
does not need Bello. If MIller is dead set on the two being a package....he may indeed go
elsewhere.

there's no way
with a class that stacked and how limited our schollies will be that we could take that
package

if it ended up we lost Q because of that (hypothetical) we could plug in
either Nash or A Thomas and still be tremendous

please feel free to quote me on this...Adonis Thomas will not go to UK. That is a fact, Jack

I think Cal will bring in Miller, all indications are that he really wants him. I think Chandler, O'Bryant and Wroten in that order are the next 3 in line. O'Bryant wants UK, Chandler wants UK, and Wroten will be persuaded to fall in line. If Cal sticks for awhile, he will bring in the greatest collection of basketball talent ever to play at 1 University. UNC and Dean Smith be damned. The # of NBA greats that come through UK will be tremendous. Check out Wroten on Youtube if u haven't seen him. He is an explosive player. O'Bryant is just country strong, really cool kid with a fantastic motor. Fans would just love him. UKBB4DAYS4LIFE>

Take it for what its worth, but this interview with Deuce Bello says that he has Ky on his list...the interviewer asks if all schools have made an offer and he says Yes. So maybe Ky is going after this guy. Granted it seems like a pretty unprofessional interview type thing, but it came from the source. I have said it a few times before, for every high profile Elite guy we get, we need a solid 3-4 year player to help fill in the gaps, and this guy more than fills that build.

Interview

Originally posted by TitanFan69:
Originally posted by UKcatXXXL:

there in lies the twist in his recruitment. UK
does not need Bello. If MIller is dead set on the two being a package....he may indeed go
elsewhere.

there's no way
with a class that stacked and how limited our schollies will be that we could take that
package

if it ended up we lost Q because of that (hypothetical) we could plug in
either Nash or A Thomas and still be tremendous

please feel free to quote me on this...Adonis Thomas will not go to UK. That is a fact, Jack

I hope we don't need to go after him hard

I hope we land Q

Teague, Gilchrist, Q, O'Bryant if we take 4

add a guard if we take 5

If Cal wants Adonis Thomas, Cal will take Adonis Thomas. Thomas doesn't have a brother for coach Cyprien to make empty promises to.

Fortunately for Memphis it looks like there are two or three other guys Calipari would have to whiff on before he got to Thomas. Namely Quincy Miller and Lebryan Nash.

i dont think the staff is after thomas that hard. miller is a lock, probably the #1 guy on their board. but the other wings uk is hard and heavy after are nash and ross.

Originally posted by jtgatewood:
I think Cal will bring in Miller, all indications are that he really wants him. I think Chandler, O'Bryant and Wroten in that order are the next 3 in line. O'Bryant wants UK, Chandler wants UK, and Wroten will be persuaded to fall in line. If Cal sticks for awhile, he will bring in the greatest collection of basketball talent ever to play at 1 University. UNC and Dean Smith be damned. The # of NBA greats that come through UK will be tremendous. Check out Wroten on Youtube if u haven't seen him. He is an explosive player. O'Bryant is just country strong, really cool kid with a fantastic motor. Fans would just love him. UKBB4DAYS4LIFE>

I think you're forgetting UCLA as much as I hated them but they have brought in more talent under Wooden than Duke or UNC ever have.

Originally posted by Dward13:
If Cal wants Adonis Thomas, Cal will take Adonis Thomas. Thomas doesn't have a brother for coach Cyprien to make empty promises to.

Fortunately for Memphis it looks like there are two or three other guys Calipari would have to whiff on before he got to Thomas. Namely Quincy Miller and Lebryan Nash.

Does it suck to be wrong? I am betting it does.

Originally posted by Stonewall12:
Where we getting all these rides from?

Harrelson is the only Sr.

I believe we have one extra scholarship from this year and maybe two depending on Dodson. It pretty certain that Kanter goes Pro and probably Knight and Jones. You add these to Harrelson we have the rides if needed.

If Hood, Liggins, and Dodson came back to play for us in 2011 I would be surprised. I could see one of them transferring.

My best guess is we lose 1 of those 3 I mentioned above, Harrellson, Knight and Kanter. And possibly Jones. That's 4 or 5 rides we'll probably have for next year.
This post was edited on 7/14 9:04 AM by Kramer318

Quincy is a player that could excel in Cal system as he can stop on a dime with a crossover and shoot his jumper before the defense can adjust plus he can get to the rack with his dribble.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT