ADVERTISEMENT

Quickley's a stud, will be hard to keep off the court

I really want him to be the guy we can coun't on to make good decisions, break presses, hit a consistent open shot, sure-handed dribbler, etc, and I think he will be. I think he's gonna be a big part of #9.

If I didn't know better I'd almost think Parkay...but you zeroed in on the objective...

Quick rarely missed in the 10-12 games I watched him play in HS and he flat out never turned it over. I fully expect him to be one of the top 10 pg in the country. Hagans might be THE best defensive pg as well Cal has had in a long while. Green is a great guy to have to plug in at the 1 or 2. We are freaking loaded . PERIOD.

Depth. Don’t have to bank on one or two guys to carry us. We can hurt you in many many ways and by multiple players. This is just the starting point can you imagine once it all comes together in Jan or Feb? Likable.

Hard to judge how good of a PG he will be off tonight, but the skills are clearly there. I certainly thought he looked like the best PG on the team in The Bahamas.

Great shooter, solid ball handling, and he ran the offense well against the pro teams.

Hagans will be hard to keep off the floor as well because of defensive ability. He is, as Cal says, a pit bull mauler. That is very valuable at the PG position.

So many weapons and no real weaknesses that I can find at this point.

We shall see!

Reactions: fbrent1972
While we need to temper expectations, sure.. I can't think of many PGs that will be better than our trio.. Some of the more traditional programs do not have a PG that I think is for sure better than ANY of those three.

Everyone thought Quickley would be the forgotten man this year. As it has gone so far, Hagans would be more likely in that regard. And that's not a knock on Hagans. He's fantastic defensively. Quickley has just really impressed.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Feels good to see other join the bandwagon I started with Quickley when others were mentioning Hagans and/or Quade starting over him. Us DMV ballers always rise to the top

Yeah, nobody has been talking about Quickly, but anyone that beats Herro and Baker in a 3pt shooting contest is a damn good shooter and he has already more than proven he can run the offense with good efficiency.
I think he's going to be a huge surprise to the rest of college basketball this year. He's been showing us all what he can do, but nobody outside of this board ever mentions him.

Last edited:
Everyone thought Quickley would be the forgotten man this year. As it has gone so far, Hagans would be more likely in that regard. And that's not a knock on Hagans. He's fantastic defensively. Quickley has just really impressed.

Hagans IS playing with one less HS year. He'll probably be fine, but you have to wonder, how many players can make that leap AND be standout freshman?

I have to imagine some of these reclassifies, regardless of school, will jump too soon and take a few lumps from the true college players.. right?

Hagans IS playing with one less HS year. He'll probably be fine, but you have to wonder, how many players can make that leap AND be standout freshman?

I have to imagine some of these reclassifies, regardless of school, will jump too soon and take a few lumps from the true college players.. right?

Absolutely! I think that played in part of the hype. Quickley didn't generate the same buzz, but that's because a reclassification, in itself, is pretty noteworthy hype-wise.

Hagans is very young and I love his talent. He's tremendous defensively. But it's clear Quickley is more rounded, but that may just be purely experience. Hagans', I believe, has more talent. It's just a matter of when that talent truly manifests itself completely. Could be next month, could be SEC play, could even be next year. He has all the makings of a great guard though. I think we see that talent this year.

Feels good to see other join the bandwagon I started with Quickley when others were mentioning Hagans and/or Quade starting over him. Us DMV ballers always rise to the top

Still think Hagans starts. His defensive game gives him the nod, in my opinion. We will have enough weapons on the floor and for that reason, I just think Cal goes with Hagans at the start of the season at least.

I’m at the point that I don’t care who starts but it’s a good idea to allow the 5th year to if you want to continue getting them. I also think he will become a monster as the year goes on.

Reactions: BassProCat
I’m at the point that I don’t care who starts but it’s a good idea to allow the 5th year to if you want to continue getting them. I also think he will become a monster as the year goes on.
Grad transfers usually are not like Travis anyway, second best one i have seen in ten years besides Travis, is the Damion Lee that went to Louisville..

While we need to temper expectations, sure.. I can't think of many PGs that will be better than our trio.. Some of the more traditional programs do not have a PG that I think is for sure better than ANY of those three.
Nope...we saw what this team can do in the Islands. The landscape of college basketball is ripe for the taking. Anything less than #9 this season will be a major disappointment.

This team has it all!

I think that is a really good comparison. The amazing thing about this team is we have two other PG as good or better lol! Knight had to do it by himself. This team is so loaded it’s ridiculous!

Knight was never endanger of passing up a shot.. Will always be grateful of his contributions to help Kentucky get back to the Final Four in 2011 though..

We all love Quickley man! I don’t care who starts...those three will all get their minutes and be important to our success.

Nope...we saw what this team can do in the Islands. The landscape of college basketball is ripe for the taking. Anything less than #9 this season will be a major disappointment.

This team has it all!

All I ask is a final four. I never blow a gasket if we get to the final four because it's extremeley difficult to do, no matter who's on your team.

Absolutely! I think that played in part of the hype. Quickley didn't generate the same buzz, but that's because a reclassification, in itself, is pretty noteworthy hype-wise.

Hagans is very young and I love his talent. He's tremendous defensively. But it's clear Quickley is more rounded, but that may just be purely experience. Hagans', I believe, has more talent. It's just a matter of when that talent truly manifests itself completely. Could be next month, could be SEC play, could even be next year. He has all the makings of a great guard though. I think we see that talent this year.

I know a 20 year old Hagans next year would be better but he is not a young freshman.

I know a 20 year old Hagans next year would be better but he is not a young freshman.

I mean, if you look at it from a pure age point sure. My main point was he still has a lot of growth ahead. It remains to be seen how rapid that growth is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT