ADVERTISEMENT

Quickley: from 5 ppg to SEC POY

Scholar-Athlete of the Year: Skylar Mays, LSU

Was this the player that was paid to play for LSU ?

Scholar-Athlete of the Year: Skylar Mays, LSU

Was this the player that was paid to play for LSU ?

Javonte Smart is the player LSU paid. X
Mays is a pretty smart kid. Both his parents are doctors and he is well on his way to becoming one as well if basketball doesn’t work out for him. (Still could have been paid to go to LSU. Just not the one we know of)

Reactions: westerncat
This is the 5th SEC POY we've had in Cal's 11 seasons. Amazing.

For the lazy, the others were:

Wall
Davis
Ulis
Monk

Insane that freaking Bobby Portis won POY during the 38-1 season after we dominated the conference regular season.

That team was the Platoon squad though. Nobody put up numbers like Portis did, and there wasn’t a go-to guy in big games like Quickley has been this year. They all shared the scoring so no one player stood out.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
"He was a five star, Calipari doesn't get credit for this!" - rival fan bases

Also, I very much look forward to ESPN shoving this press release down our throats like they did for the ACC's third place team. You know, because we won the SEC and everything. I'm talking front page, top line, "developing news" ticker, the whole package.

Congrats IQ. Serious question, if Whitney had been good and hadn’t left the team, does IQ ever start and does this happen?

Very good question...probably not honestly
I agree with you, I don’t think so either. I’m not saying this to start an argument or bash Cal. I would’ve thought IQ would’ve started from day one but he didn’t. Why shouldn’t he? These are where the getting recruited over statements come from. A guy like Maxey comes right in and takes a starting spot and I love Maxey too.

IQ IS DA MAN. CAL IS DA MAN. OUR TEAM IS THE MEN. HAGANS MR. D. UK BESTEST COLLEGE. BBN BESTER FANATICS. CAL HATERS AND OUR KIDS HATERS POSTERS DA WORST. Kydiddy and others take note, you’re not wanted. Bend Over and take your upcomings. Caps used because the posters that I referred to Can’t see well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT